Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hobbies/interests

so we have the thread that introduces us. i though maybe we could expand on that and post about the things we like to do and such, maybe find some common ground with fellow 20 something bandsters.

i love the outdoors. we go camping throught the summer and fall as much as we can. every sept we go on a week long trip and take the horses. its great to get away. i love my horses. we have 5 of the beautiful things. i cant wait to get rid of more of this weight so i am comfortable riding again! i also like hunting. we hunt deer and elk. i didnt hunt this year because of having surgery and then recovery. i probably could have, but didnt want to push it. my dh was not a happy man about that. oh well though. we also like going out on the 4-wheelers, they are a blast. we bought a yamaha rhino last year so i can strap the babies car seat in and go. it works great and i am not left at home!

lets see, what else? hmm..... i am sure i will think of more as this gets going.

I LOVE baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sickly obsessed with the Minnesota Twins if you can't already tell from my avatar. I try to get to the Dome for a Twins game at least once a week.

I am also a big time Disney nut. We go to Disney World every year in Sept.

I am a music buff I love all types of music. Fav band ever is KMK, 2nd fav is Stereomud.

ok. Here goes:

I love to play pool. My DH has taken a team to the Nationals in Las Vegas 6 times and I have taken a women's team once. :eyebrows:

I bleed purple and gold, which means I am a die-hard LSU football fan! I try to go to as many games as possible and would love for season tickets to fall into my hands! Absolutely ecstatic that they are the new National Champions. Geaux Tigers!:whoo:

I love to read. Sickeningly (sp?) into forensics. LOVE CSI. :rolleyes:

I am the mom of one wonderful six year old daughter, who keeps me REALLY busy, and leaves little time for any other hobbies.

crystal--while i listen to pretty much everything i have to say country is my favorite--george strait is my god! lol.... drives my hubby crazy how i can from george to akon to...

pippin--love to read too! patricia cornwell--have you read anything by her? great books about kay scarpetta--a medical examiner! i have read them all, over and over. great series. i just finished reading stephanie meyer's twilight, new moon and eclipse. i must say i couldnt put them down and finished all three in a week. the last one in a day! boy does my house need work! oh well, the mess will always be there! a good book cant wait. i am also big on forensic's and love those type of shows. i like the autopsy ones that used to be on hbo. dr g medical examiner (on tlc?) is good too most times.

pippin--love to read too! patricia cornwell--have you read anything by her? great books about kay scarpetta--a medical examiner! i have read them all, over and over. great series. i just finished reading stephanie meyer's twilight, new moon and eclipse. i must say i couldnt put them down and finished all three in a week. the last one in a day! boy does my house need work! oh well, the mess will always be there! a good book cant wait. i am also big on forensic's and love those type of shows. i like the autopsy ones that used to be on hbo. dr g medical examiner (on tlc?) is good too most times.

Oh yeah. I have read Patricia. I am currently reading all the Lisa Jackson books. Love her! They are more romance/thriller. I will have to check out the Stephanie Meyer. Thanks for the tip. I guess I like pretty much anything TV and book wise that is either horror, thriller (LOVE psycho thrillers), forensic, drama, etc. House is one of my favorite series. Ghost Whisperer isn't too bad. I watched Medium when it first started, but stopped. Of coarse, I said CSI. I like the intriguing(sp?). :rolleyes:

I love to read Dean Koontz books. I also love Nebraska football. I am a single parent to two wonderful kids, age 6 and 7 so they take up most of my free time, but I am so excited to be having the surgery so I can do more with them.

I love a lot of stuff.

I love poker.. I play WSOP and WPT events when they come to Tunica. I have not done any good (I did win my first tournament in Vegas right after I turned 21, but it's gone down hill since.. now it's just fun).

I like reading.. my favorite are biographies. I also like forensic murder stories, real ones.. kind of biographies too I guess.

I loooove music.. my favorite bands are Incubus, Third Eye Blind, and Sick Puppies.

I'm married.. have 3 ragdoll cats, and 1 boxer dog.

I guess that's it for me for now!

pippin- house is my fav show right now. i dvr it every week and then rewatch them when nothing else is on, so pretty much all the time. hugh laurie is just so sexy, yummy yummy.

i am also a huge fan of law and order. ci is my fav i think, but i love svu too. and the regular. they are all good.

ahh, i also get engrossed in the surgical types shows, and the trauma ones, life in the er, big medicine. makes me wish i would stayed in the nursing program...ah, but life takes different paths sometimes....

My biggest hobby is scrapbooking, I love it. I make scrapbooks and pages for extra spending money. IT's fun and a good creative outlet for me. I also paint and draw, I always wanted to be an art teacher, once my kids are in school I plan on going back to school and finish my degree so I can teach. Basically all of my free time is devoted to scrapbooking these days, I'm backed up and i'm trying to get motivated so I can take some time off when I have surgery, I've been thinking about taking some time off from doing stuff for other people and doing it for fun for a while. Anyways, that's really all I do...lol. I'm a nerd I know...lol.

hey everyone! well as far as hobbies i'm not sure if i have any. i try to paint when i can and i like to read alot, mostly nonfiction and never "chicklit." ditto for "chick flicks" although i do love movies. my faves are probably the sandlot, star wars (the original ones), newsies, and american psycho (those are today's favorites, tomorrow's could be different). i like tv, seinfeld, freaks and geeks, and arrested development are my all time favorite shows.

ummm i have dogs so i like walking them, throwing sticks around and stuff. i've got some reptiles too so they're fun to hang out with. not really into playing but still nice

want so bad: what kinds of horses do you have? i worked with two thoroughbreds this summer in school and they were so awsome. they had the cutest personalities

edit: oh also i love love love football! i pretty much live for sundays. i'm super excited cause my giants actually won a post season game last weekend and now they're gonna get to kick the cowboys' asses this week:whoo:

Oh no they are not going to kick some Cowboy ass! I guess I forgot to mention...DH and I are hardcore Cowboy fans, and they are going to the superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Giants don't have a chance! :)

pippin- house is my fav show right now. i dvr it every week and then rewatch them when nothing else is on, so pretty much all the time. hugh laurie is just so sexy, yummy yummy.

i am also a huge fan of law and order. ci is my fav i think, but i love svu too. and the regular. they are all good.

ahh, i also get engrossed in the surgical types shows, and the trauma ones, life in the er, big medicine. makes me wish i would stayed in the nursing program...ah, but life takes different paths sometimes....

OOOOOHHHHH!! I love CI too! Ha, we are so alike!

I'm a cheerleading freak. I have been a part of it since I was five. I am a coach now...and it consumes my life...and I LOVE IT! I put so much time and effort into my team and my program...and I have no regrets for doing so...it's so much fun...little crazy at time...but it's great!