Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hobbies/interests

Let's see..........I love to sing. I sing at local events, weddings, and at church. I also like to paint, mostly contemporary trees. I love Natasha Westcoats' work. I've painted a couple that have been inspired by her.

I love music too, and I listen to all kinds of music. Everything from Natasha Bedingfield to Akon to Hinder. My favorite song (right now) is "Better than Me" by Hinder, I love it!!!

I've been married now for 8 years and I have a son that's almost 2 years old. I guess that's pretty much it for now!

Hi,

My being love is Vegas. I love anything Vegas. I love to gamble, mainly Rapid Roulette and some blackjack. I am trying not to go back again unless I at least reach an 100 weight loss. That will be my treat to myself. I love in travel in general.

I listen to a lot of music and I always have my MP3 player w/me. I listen to everything from Hip Hop to Country and most stuff in between. I love 80s music and Motown. I love going out see bands and hear live music. I am supposed to be going to see a local band tonight-Blount Harvey.

I waste to much $$ on DVDs. I watch a lot of tv and movies (probably way too much). I am a big General Hospital fan. Horror is probably my favorite genre. I love Desperate Housewives, all the CSIs and Law and Orders.

I love shopping especially for deals. I spend way too much time on Amazon. I can only imagine how I will be when I get to or close to my goal weight.

I'm a big Basketball fan. I love the UNC Tarheels and LA Lakers.

I read a lot. Mostly horror, mysteries, self help, finance, history, biographies..

I love kids. I spent a lot of time w/my cousins and godkids. Today is my 2nd baby shower 2 Saturdays straight. I hope this is the last one for a while.

And I spend too much time on the internet and message boards.

I am a music lover (all kinds of it!), I love clubbin, I love watching basketball, figure skating, golf, nascar, and football, I enjoy playing basketball and softball. I enjoy swimming, shopping, horseback riding, mudding, fishing, and spending time with the fam. Gosh I feel like on one of those cheesy dating shows (oh by the way I love watching those too!! haha) I wanna travel with world one day and visit every state in the US that would just be awesome to say.. I plan on going to Med school after I get my masters in social work. So I obviously enjoy school otherwise I would never make it!! But if there's anything else you wanna know just ask me I aint shy :) and if any of you have anything in common with me message me or something. Laters :*

Hi,

My being love is Vegas. I love anything Vegas. I love to gamble, mainly Rapid Roulette and some blackjack. I am trying not to go back again unless I at least reach an 100 weight loss. That will be my treat to myself. I love in travel in general.

quote]

I'm fond of Vegas as well. DH and I got married in Vegas (MGM Grand) Now, 1.5 years later, his siblings are planning their respective nuptiuals and it makes us really appreciate the Vegas way. We got a beautiful ceremony, and it was so easy! I just emailed someone... "Oh by the way, we've decided for the bouquets to go with this specific bouquet down to the most excruiting detail..." And I would quickly get a pleasant email back telling me about price differences and so forth. Then we did a reception back home one week later. It was great. I highly recommend it to all.

As far as hobbies go, I do have some. Then there is the time to participate in them... I'm in grad school. Which I do absolutely adore, so its good thing. I'm working on my masters in Library and Information Science (but its going by fast, and I have many more courses so I'll likely add on a cert in advanced study) as well as my K-12 teaching cert. 2 more years. I have the most fun. I read tons of books, naturally, and love reading, and there is always more to read. I live in a permanent shelving shortage here. Everyone once in a while, I look around at the house, thinking about what if used the space between the studs and then maybe just added shelves above the level of all windows and doors... (we could use some book ladders) So I have a book problem. Of course I love Patricia Cornwell, though I haven't read her latest yet. I think my fav in that series was black notice. Naturally, I also think the Stephanie Meyer books are great-- I was surprised at how compelling they are. But I shouldn't be-- YA books just keep getting better. I've been putting together a bibliography of "monster" books lately comprised of all ranges-- counting books to older teen books, and its a strong theme in the lit. Next one is slated to come out in late fall of '08, as well as the movie. As far as fantasy/horror fiction goes, I must recommend Laurrell K. Hamilton, but I will warn that she is not for the innocent. She can be pretty kinky. I like her Merry Gentry Series best-- start with Kiss of Shadows. Another good Illinois author is Denise Swanson (I'm from Illinois) who writes murder mysteries that are solved by a plus sized school psychologist. The first book in her series is Murder of a Small Town Honey. Yesterday I read a James Patterson book. He is one of my favorites as far as the mystery and suspense of it all. Tami Hoag had one I liked, Dark Horse, and its sequel recently, The Alibi Man. I like research, esp. on folk and fairy tales and peter pan.

I don't actually scrapbook, but i do like playing with paper. I do posters and brochures and so forth for things. I liked making wedding invites way back when. I like fencing, but I haven't done that in years due to health issues. I'm narcoleptic-- I became narcoleptic around the time I turned 21 following illness (its autoimmune trigger). But due to newer treatments my health is doing awesome and I want to try doing that again sometime, maybe in the fall!

Well, I do tend to babble on!

trish- sorry, been off for awhile. i have 3 registered quarter horses. they are great. one is 20, one is 6, one is 9. i have a registered paint, he is 9. and we have a quarter/mustang mix. she is the baby and is turning 4 this year. omg, does she have attitude. only female we own, only one we ever will. something to be said for geldings! love the big guys!

Hi ya'll..I havent been on here in awhile, so to catch everyone up, I 22 in houston tx

I love to read, right now I am trying to get through alot of the classic novels- Shakespeare, Jane Austin, Dickens etc- I also love to take care of my animals, i have two dogs a cat and a tortise and i also train dogs on the side. I love to go for hikes and i love hanging out w people who get my sense of humor, which is very sarcastic.