Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

it totally blew up in my face! I had my tummy fixed on saturday. During surgery they found i i had an belly button hernia. Another doctor was called in to fix me. After surgery I went very bad. My bloodpressure went lower and lower. They prepped me up for surgery again found out I had 4 liter of bloodin my stomach. Then they found out they could not give me an bloodtransfusion because I had anti-bodies!! I survived until they had fedexed over some speciall prepared blood. Oh yes and my tummy hurts.....

Marillon: You are what my nightmares were! Oh my gosh, you poor thing! I'm hoping that you were under and not aware for the entire nightmare! I'll say a prayer for you!

Marillon: You are what my nightmares were! Oh my gosh, you poor thing! I'm hoping that you were under and not aware for the entire nightmare! I'll say a prayer for you!

no It was horrible... I came out of the tummytuck very pleased. They said it went well we cut of an minimum of 5 kg! Quite a lot! Then they said we found an hernia in your belly button and had someone fix it. Then I started to feel very bad. My bloodpressure went down to 60. They tried to regulate it with drugs but had no success and I felt myselfjust dropping off. Until the plastic surgeon decided to open me up again and they found massive bleeding because of the hernia they fixed. They said probably because of the lapbandsurgery. I had 4 liter of blood in my stomach. They they found out I had antibodies so they could not give me an bloodtransfusion and needed to have an special mix made. It was really bad and I am rethinking my plastic surgeries for a while....I came home today sick of hospital and always feel I recover best at home. My tummy looks not bad though. Really flat after removing 5 kg. Strange sitting and actually seeing your umm drains!

Marillon: Keep in touch and let the great gals on this thread encourage you. You've had a unique experience. Bless you. Glad you like the tuck. Don't know if it's going to be enough for a while. You're just going to have to find your inner toughness and patience. I'm sure you're going to very tired from blood loss, plus the normal soreness. In a few days the soreness will get better. Take care.

I am curious if after having this experience (tummy tuck), anyone else (besides ME!) has been eating too much???

I am so disguested with myself I can't see straight! I can't eat down too much 'real food' - just the crap that got me in this mess in the first place . . . chocolate, chips, candy, Cookies, etc.

What the heck is that about? I must just be an idiot! I canNOT believe I have put myself through this and now can't control what I put in my mouth.

I think it started when I had a 3 pound gain on the scales (which may have been Fluid - ?) - but I have been eating everything that wasn't nailed down or moving ever since!

Anyone else?

Marillon - Welcome to our little group. I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. Good grief! Hopefully you will feel much better soon! My mother has factor-8-blood-deficiency and has to have all sort of special precautions and treatment pre- and post-op. Is that what they told you?

Karey - glad you are on the mend. It really does get better, I promise. But honey - I can't imagine 5 drains . . . 2 almost drove me crazy.

LJM, Nina & OJS - how are you guys today?

I guess we won't hear from NurseAmy until she gets back from vacation . . . Hope you have a great time!

I am curious if after having this experience (tummy tuck), anyone else (besides ME!) has been eating too much???

ewww... ME ME ME ... today was the food day from hell.... me being unfilled SUCKS.

double burger, fries, pie... M&Ms ... Cookies ... make you feel any better?? i feel like garbage... :blushing:

OMG Guys I have got to say CHECK OUT MY TICKER!!!!! LOL sorry but I am so flamin well pleased with myself!! I even got on and off the scales 4 times cos I couldnt believe what I was seeing!!! I was 168 going into sx and now I am 148 and I have still got swelling!!!!!!!!!

I started working out again last week, and although I swell afterwards by the morning each time the swelling is less,its like my lymph system needed me to get the muscles moving so it could shift the Fluid.

I am sorry i am so happy!!! Do you all think that I should shift my goal? Or for motivation should I leave it til I hit it and then shift it?

losing - get a fill babes, I ended up not needing to get unfilled and it has really helped post-op, and yes I felt that my skin was sooooo tight some days I couldnt even wiggle my hips to move down the bed without it burning. It does loosen up, I laid on my back every morning and every night and just stretched my legs and arched my back a bit at a time to loosen it up. I will probably end up with a wider scar but it was driving me nuts!

Marillon - Woooh you have been through the mill honey, thats the sort of stuff that we all had nightmares about pre-op. How are you feeling now and did they fix everything? Just take it easy hon, it will take you longer ton get back on your feet I suspect. Keep up with all your Vitamins,it will help your body to heal.

Mommi-hammi - how are you honey? did you have to get an unfill to have the sx? If you did when can you get that baby tightened up again. I know what you mean about craving sweet things, I think that our bodies are automatically craving the food that will give the most instantb energy hit, it must take a lot of energy to heal all that! Other than the raving munchies how are you feeling?

Karey - How are you my hunny? One week out now! Do you still feel like you have been hit by a train? 5 drains??? Wow you got mine and losing's too! I cant believe what an ordeal a simple shower became and I didnt have MR and drains, the first few times it just wipes you out, I have loads of different creams that I put on my lipo'd bits and scar and it seems like it takes forever.It is good though cos it makes me massage the areas!Dont worry about the swelling hon, cos when it has gone you will feel those ribs again AND have the most amazing 20 year olds tummy!

Ousooner - how are you today hon? Have you let the knife weilding lady loose yet?

Amy - Dont worry about having a pity party hon, the whole one step forwards thing gets really trying. I still pop a pain med every now and again, I dont believe in suffering! I hope that you get ton enjoy your vacation, and looking at your results already I know it will be worth it.

Marypetunia- I hope that everything went well hon and that you are as pain free as possible, let us know how you are getting on.

Oooh I have got some new clothes arriving later, I cant wait to try them on!!!!

NIna x

OMG Nina, thats amazing! great job! (and no need to apologize for anything!!!)

im SORE today... my left side / tummy, damn it really hurts like a *#&*$ !!!!! dunno what i did, but wow. (ok ok ... i know what i did, i wont be doing it again for a little bit more) im going in for a fill tomorrow after work, hopefully i'll get half way decent restriction. yeah, like thats going to happen on a 'first fill' :tongue:

eating is planned for the day so im going to call it 'under control'... all i gotta do is follow my plan. which i will cause the scales didnt go down this morning.

take care everyone!

Love all the updates from everyone. I'm feeling lots better today. I will try and stay out of bed for most of the day today. Don't really know what I will do with myself though. I might try and work on my DD's wedding guest book. I'm going to have a book printed that has pictures of them on one side of the page with quotes about love and then a blank page of the other for guest to write well wishes. Maybe I can sit up long enough to get a good start on that little project. I see the PS tomorrow and have a lymphatic massage. That should be interesting. Hopefully, some of these drains will get pulled. I feel like an incubator or something. It's impossible to wear regular clothes with all these drains. Pain wise I feel better. Getting up and down is getting easier and I can stand straighter. Just starting feeling achy all over and kinda of punky. When I take a pain pill I feel better. I was hoping to be off them, but I guess a few times a day isn't too bad. Does this sound normal to you all?

I am so disguested with myself I can't see straight! I can't eat down too much 'real food' - just the crap that got me in this mess in the first place . . . chocolate, chips, candy, Cookies, etc.

What the heck is that about? I must just be an idiot! I canNOT believe I have put myself through this and now can't control what I put in my mouth.

I think it started when I had a 3 pound gain on the scales (which may have been Fluid - ?) - but I have been eating everything that wasn't nailed down or moving ever since!

Anyone else?

Yes, I have been terrible. My PS, knowing I had lap band, told that while healing, it was not a time to diet. I have taken that too far and have been terrible. I called yesterday to schedule a fill. I have not even attempted to step on the scales.< /span>

Ousooner - how are you today hon? Have you let the knife weilding lady loose yet?

LOL Nina. You are doing so well. I am doing well except for the eating. Here is a pic I took last night at work. (sorry for the poor quality and the trashcan behind me, it was an impromtu pic in the bathroom mirror :tongue:) I am amazed that even though I am still very swollen and not yet in my pre-op pants, I love that there is nothing hanging over my belt. I think this is the first time I have been able to look straight down and see my belt buckle lol

2.jpg

neal - such a hottie!!! wooo hooo!! :tongue:

i guess i had high hopes that my appetite would be zilch after surgery... it was after LB. oh well... hopefully they will do a fill tomorrow... hopefully i wont be so swollen and they'll be able to find my port!!!!!! crap this stinks!!

LOL Nina. You are doing so well. I am doing well except for the eating. Here is a pic I took last night at work. (sorry for the poor quality and the trashcan behind me, it was an impromtu pic in the bathroom mirror :tt2:) I am amazed that even though I am still very swollen and not yet in my pre-op pants, I love that there is nothing hanging over my belt. I think this is the first time I have been able to look straight down and see my belt buckle lol

That's really what I'm looking forward to. Well, sort of. With me, it's more wearing a pair of low-cut bikini panties and being able to look down and see them. At this point, I can wear them, but I can't see them, lol. :tongue:

BTW, guys, I found the PS that I'm going to use! It took three consults, but I'm really comfortable and happy with her. It looks like I'll be joining you guys in mid-August!