Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

Losing -OMG 60 bucks???? I am not going to tell you what mine cost, but it is almost identical to that only it has hook and eye fastening all the way down instead of a zipper. I am gutted!!! I was swollen like a little pumpkin after my exercising yesterday but by the morning it had pretty much gone.

Neal - You are having revisions done while you are awake near your man bits???:tongue::eek: OMG!!! It seems like she is reallly on top of things though ( that is just begging for a rude comment but I will resist) and at least you know that she wants to make things perfect for you.

Mommi - When I do too much I get a ridge round my scar, but it always settles down overnight, so I am sure that what you have got is just swelling, but better to see him voice all your concerns and then get peace of mind I reckon. I hope it all goes well!

Karey - how are you feeling today hon, still a bit train wreckish or dya think that you may be on the road to recovery yet? I found that I had a bit of a good day bad day thing going on for a while before it settled down.

Harley - How are you doing hon? Do you still find that you swell or can we look forwards to it stopping soon?

Nina x

Thanks for the info on the compression garments. When I'm up to it I may get another way. The doc's office gave me one today. Mary Petunia, your in my thoughts and prayers today! God bless you!

Neal - You are having revisions done while you are awake near your man bits???:tongue::eek: OMG!!! It seems like she is reallly on top of things though ( that is just begging for a rude comment but I will resist) and at least you know that she wants to make things perfect for you.

Scary, huh? LOL Shows you how much I trust her:thumbup:

nina - what kind of exercising are you doing? doc told me an emphatic NO when i asked him if i could get on the treadmill ... 2 weeks absolute minimum :tongue:

neal - super brave! i cant imagine not going under for that!!!

how are you dealing with the itching?? my Lipo incisions are itching like crazy and my main incision is starting to itch as well. what are you guys doing for it???

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Scary, huh? LOL Shows you how much I trust her:thumbup:

Gosh Neal - I am so sorry . . . I canNOT imagine trying to wrap my mind around a revision so soon; bless your heart. At least you have all of your cheerleaders here to go thru it with you.

Karey - 5 drains? :tea: I thought 2 were a pain . . . You are a trooper honey!

I know exactly what y'all are talking about with the shower. I dreaded that more than anything, especially when I had the drains. I love my bubble baths and that was what I missed the most during that process.

Someone asked how long the drains stay in - My first one came out on the 7th day and my second one on the 10th day. My doctor does not remove them at the same time and said that the 'output' had to be less than 30ccs total in a 24 hour period before they could be removed.

Nina - you are such a doll; I always enjoy reading your posts. I know what you mean about a good day and then a bad - that is exactly how mine are right now . . . I am stressing a little because I have been 'up' the last couple of days and tomorrow is "Opening Day' for Little League . . . It is going to be a long day here - I hope I can stay upright all day.

LJM - I hope you are doing well. I would have loved to have done this without the drains! It is probably a good thing I didn't know about your doctor or we'd have been making some trips from Houston to Dallas . . . Or maybe FRANCE Nina !!! ha . . .

I got a good report from my PS today - he said my incision looks great and is healing just as he wants it to; that was what I needed to hear. He said the 'ridge' will flatten out and that he actually did that on purpose so that it doesn't 'pull' and widen the scar as it heals. He said that I don't have a 'dog ear' and I was glad to hear that.

Good night from here ~

I got a good report from my PS today - he said my incision looks great and is healing just as he wants it to; that was what I needed to hear. He said the 'ridge' will flatten out and that he actually did that on purpose so that it doesn't 'pull' and widen the scar as it heals. He said that I don't have a 'dog ear' and I was glad to hear that.

Good night from here ~

Hey Mommi-hammi,my scar is "ridged" also...do you have a picture??

Hah the itching......... my sx buddy said that living with me post-op was like living with a baboon!LOL Its like a yeast infection as well the scratching is sooooooo darn good, but then the second you stop.....! I now kind of rub it, partly cos DH was fruiting at me for itching all the time, so now I tell him that I am massaging the area!!LOL

I am going commando today, my garment made a kind of pressure blood blister in the middle of my scar, which made one of my stitch holes open up and start bleeding when I was drying after my shower yesterday - niiiice! So I am nekkid!!

Losing - any idea when you are going to go back to work yet? I did a few sessions on the power plate, worked out with weights for my upper body and even managed to do some abs work! Cant wait to get my bike!

Ousooner - That is a degree of trust rarely seen between man and woman! Good luck hon.

Mary - good luck for your sx hon, I hope that you are safely on the other side now and loving the new body!!

Nina x

VERY disheartening that you are still itching. it is driving me BONKERS!!!!!!!!

I've been about 7 hours since I've scratched, I thought not scratching would somehow help... any US people use Benedryl? did that help?? I realy am going bonkers here!!

I'm going back to work next week for 1/2 days. more if I can handle it or not at all if its too much. my boss has been great!!

ok, going to the gym to watch DH work out, not my idea of fun, but I need to get out of the house.

Hey Mommi-hammi,my scar is "ridged" also...do you have a picture??

No - sorry Amy, I haven't taken any . . . My PS took some pics yesterday and I was shocked by the comparison to my 'befores' . . . Sadly, I didn't realize how big I was . . . He gave me a printed version of the befores and of the ones he took yesterday; I should have asked for a CD. I am going to have to break down and ask a friend to take some for me.

Amy - I wanted to tell you . . . I saw a friend this morning at baseball who confided in me that a friend of hers (who is really just an accquaintance of mine) had a TT and Lipo with Dr. Adam and she looks amazing! She said she did it about 8 years ago (before I knew her) and her results are beautiful. Her body is so perfect, everyone I am sure suspects she has had some 'work' done, but no one knows for sure. Anyway - I thought of you when she told me and wanted to tell you the good report about your doctor.

Here's hoping that Mary P is doing well! If you read this just know that the first couple of days are the pits, but it will get better! Today I have a lot less pain, using half the pain med, probably could have done without it but my family insisted. Seems they think I'm a little more cheerful when I'm drugged up! LOL! Really I would have too many compliments if I could get up and down a little more easily. That's just the pits.

Nina: I can't believe that you are hitting the weights already. I think that you and Christine doc's have a good technique. Though it sounds like you've still got most of the swelling issues. I know that all my exercise has helped with my recovery and being able to get around. I hope I can get back to it as soon as you!

Okay, everyone's talking about itching and I don't have any yet. Do I dare say that? When did it start? Yesterday when I had my shower ordeal, I noticed that I hardly had any bruises? I was quite surprised since it feels so very tender. Does it take a while for them to appear or has all the Arnica I've been taking paid off?

karey - yeah, DH was not enthused with me stopping the pain meds either... guess he preferred me all doped up ... :lol:

itching started very minimally Thursday (just a bit in the Lipo areas) and got very VERY aggressive Friday. sucks cause i know i really shouldnt scratch cause my incision is still somewhat scabby, but grrrrrr.... itch itch itch... i think im goign to get some benedryl tonight.

my bruising was quite bad and is finally starting to fade. i did not take any bromeline (sp?) or arnica.

Mary P still sending you positive energy, hoping you are resting and recovering. I believe that IceCream is having TT on Wednesday. How are the nerves?

Well, the bruises have sprung up and are quite dark, but only in some areas. All I can say is what an interesting process.

i am SO tight, it feels like my incision is going to pull apart. anyone else like that?

:):cursing::eek::cursing::cursing:ME.....but you know about me and my pity party!!! Thanks for the compliment earlier.