Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

LJM, I can't believe you're not having any drains, just curious how your doctor will control the swelling. I was afraid to have mine taken out, because he said if I started to swell or retain Fluid he'd have to put them back in OH MY :smile2:! Your doctor must have a secret :), which I'm very happy for you, because, like I said before I truly believe the drains were the worst part of my surgery. I wish you the best, you'll do great!

Neal, I know you'll be glad to get those two out, you'll feel so much better and showers will be a breeze after that.

Karey, are you nervous yet ?

Harley, my PS developed a technique called Progressive Tension Sutures. he basically sews you down the inside of the tummy instead of stretching the tummy and having one suture line at the hip bones. yes, i'll have that scar, but having the progressive sutures it helps eliminate the Fluid build up..

i hope im explaining this right. his website is North Dallas Plastic Surgery: Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas and Plano, TX and it shows how its done there.

im hoping the fact that i will not have drains will make it a tad easier... i get VERY annoyed at things like that and i think i'd end up pulling them out myself :)

that's one reason i initially said no pain pump, but i came to my senses when Dr. P strongly suggested i get it... so if my surgeon is saying its going to hurt, its going to HURT...

do you think the drains are the only thing holding you back?

i am not going to have any drains (thank you thank you thank you, Dr. P)

I don't know. I went out the last two days and am pretty sore this morning. I don't know if its because I went out or thee fact that I am regaining some feeling in my stomoach area and I can just feel it now.

me being nosey, neal...

so what did you do? i have visions of me being able to go out that first week after surgery and just ride around target in one of those kart thingys... am i being over zealous??

Harley, my PS developed a technique called Progressive Tension Sutures. he basically sews you down the inside of the tummy instead of stretching the tummy and having one suture line at the hip bones. yes, i'll have that scar, but having the progressive sutures it helps eliminate the Fluid build up..

i hope im explaining this right. his website is North Dallas Plastic Surgery: Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas and Plano, TX and it shows how its done there.

This sounds like a great technique!!! The drains are what everyone says is a real pain in the a**.....

Hi guys

I havent had any drains and looooord am I glad about that, my surgeon uses a similar technique where he closes the dead spaces internally so there is nowhere for the Fluid to build up.I have to say that I dont seem to be any more swollen than the people who have the drains so it must work what ever it is that he does!!

I had a lovely day today, we went for a walk around Lyon and found a restraunt where I had a fillet staek so rare it was still mooing and so tender that you could cut it with a spoon - mmmmmmmmmm - and then we walked to the park and wandered around for a couple of hours, we found the zoo there and had a good look at all the critters and then walked back to the hotel,all in all we were out for about 4 hours.

Then I had to go to see my PS cos this morning after my shower I noticed that the stitch at the very end of teh scar on my hip was a bit red looking on the skin around it and when I squeezed it (what can I say I am a sqeezer!!) some pus came out. He had a good look and decided that although they are dissolvable sutures my skin was reacting to them so he took the 2 hip ones out, it feels better already.Tomorrow I am going to ask him to take the rest out I think, just in case I react again.

The Lipo pain is easing off and I measured myself today, I have lost 2" off each thigh, 3" off my butt and 3" off my waist and I am still really swollen so I am verrrrrry happy!

I am having a consult tomorrow for my boob lift and I have already chosen the ones that I want!!!LOL I am definatly coming back in May to get everything else done finances permitting.

Sorry for the me me me

How is everyone else feeling today?

Nina x

me being nosey, neal...

so what did you do? i have visions of me being able to go out that first week after surgery and just ride around target in one of those kart thingys... am i being over zealous??

Not being nosey :) You might be able to, since we all heal at different rates. I would not have been able to do it. I went home on day 4 due to my extended hospital stay, but getting in the car for the ride home and the ride itself was very difficult pain wise. My Dr had me using a walker the first week and I needed it. I am 2 weeks today and just now standing straight, though I could walk pretty good mostly straight at about the 8th or 9th day.

Hi guys

I havent had any drains and looooord am I glad about that, my surgeon uses a similar technique where he closes the dead spaces internally so there is nowhere for the Fluid to build up.I have to say that I dont seem to be any more swollen than the people who have the drains so it must work what ever it is that he does!!

I had a lovely day today, we went for a walk around Lyon and found a restraunt where I had a fillet staek so rare it was still mooing and so tender that you could cut it with a spoon - mmmmmmmmmm - and then we walked to the park and wandered around for a couple of hours, we found the zoo there and had a good look at all the critters and then walked back to the hotel,all in all we were out for about 4 hours.

Then I had to go to see my PS cos this morning after my shower I noticed that the stitch at the very end of teh scar on my hip was a bit red looking on the skin around it and when I squeezed it (what can I say I am a sqeezer!!) some pus came out. He had a good look and decided that although they are dissolvable sutures my skin was reacting to them so he took the 2 hip ones out, it feels better already.Tomorrow I am going to ask him to take the rest out I think, just in case I react again.

The Lipo pain is easing off and I measured myself today, I have lost 2" off each thigh, 3" off my butt and 3" off my waist and I am still really swollen so I am verrrrrry happy!

I am having a consult tomorrow for my boob lift and I have already chosen the ones that I want!!!LOL I am definatly coming back in May to get everything else done finances permitting.

Sorry for the me me me

How is everyone else feeling today?

Nina x

Glad your doing so well Nina, my PS twin :), Things are going well here. I got released to drive today, so I went out and made a short trip to Wal-Mart and the drug store.

Since they don't make Spanx and the like for men, I went and got some Under Armour shirts and shorts. They say compression on them so I think they will work fine.

Nina: Well it must not be too bad if your already planning your next plastic surgery adventure! Glad you're up and about!

Neal: Sounds like you've had a hard time. I hope it starts getting better. Is it too soon to ask if you'd do it all over again?

Nina: Well it must not be too bad if your already planning your next plastic surgery adventure! Glad you're up and about!

Neal: Sounds like you've had a hard time. I hope it starts getting better. Is it too soon to ask if you'd do it all over again?

I am actually doing pretty good now. Its funny, they send a physical theripist in to see me the morning after surgery to check out my movement and to get me up to walk. They said I did great "for a guy". They said men usually have a much harder time post op. I don't know why, but I guess its true.

As to whether I would do it all over again. Not to scare anyone thinking of doing it, the 2nd and 3rd day I have to admitt that I sat in bed wondering what the hell I had done to myself and wished I could have a do over. But if you ask me now, I have to say I would do it again in a heartbeat. I love the results and the pain is temporary.

im hoping since i will not be having drains and no hunching over (Dr. P wants me up 95% straight day 1) that it will be a tad easier ... **fingers crossed**

i like the pain is temporary thing ...

For some reason, I heard that it was harder for men. I'm planning on it being extremely difficult for a while and hoping that I'll be one of the lucky ones. I guess I'm more worried about long term side effects like loss of nipple sensation, permanent numbness or results that aren't that great. I guess you just have to take the step into the darkness.

I was able to drive as soon as I got off the pain meds, which was day three, but I didn't drive until day five. I'm so jealous of you all not having drains, I wish you'd told me that a month ago, LOL.

I still have an issue with swelling, not bad, but like I mentioned the other day, I still use the compression panty during the day.

Karey, I have the neatest pic of the perfect breast, IMO, if you pm me your email, I'll forward it to you. I wish I'd printed it and shown it to my PS.