Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

Neal, you're over the first week hump, hope you're feeling better and walking straighter with each day :(.

Karey, you day's getting closer and closer, are you nervous yet?

LJM, I'm so sorry. I know you're disappointed, but as shown with my experience, sometimes things were just meant to happen. Right now I'm just miserable with a horrid head cold and raging runs. I can't even begin to imagine if I was recovering from major plastic surgery. One thing I want to caution you about, though. I was really motivated with my eating and exercise when I was preparing for plastic surgery. Once that was no longer in the forefront, I started getting sloppy, and I've put on a few pounds because of it. Please don't let this situation de-motivate you. You are doing an awesome job, please stick with it, and know that the difficulty you're going through is just a delay.

(Edit: LJM, I posted this earlier, before I read your blog, and didn't know at that time what happened, and I'm embarrassed to compare your situation to mine. I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there, darlin'.)

Hugs, and best wishes,

Tami

Tami,

thanks and no need to be embarrassed at all ... we are both potentially having to delay surgery and its not easy for either of us.

to be honest, yesterday sucked food wise, but i allowed myself yesterday and today will be better. since i am completely unfilled, i have NO restriction :lol::eek::Banane41::eek:!!!! starbucks for Breakfast, double cheese whataburger (:laugh:) with fries for lunch, small dinner but DH and i split a pazzookie from BJ's for dessert. a pazzookie is a freshly baked cookie (not thoroughly baked so it is sooooooooooo ooooooooooooo good) with ice cream on top ... :smile2: again.

so today, is better. i still havent exercised and my trainer already emailed me telling me she expects to see me in the gym this afternoon. that's why i have her, she holds me accountable.

LJM: Read your blog. I don't blame you for not wanting to retype it all. Wow! You have some big decisions ahead of you. I'm wondering if getting rid of the pannus would actually be helpful to your overall health and ability to carry a child? I think it might. But waiting another 6 months for healing etc. that's hard. Patience is the hardest virtue. Do you have other children? I feel for your quandry. I respect you and wish you the best. Chin up. Hugs!

well, ive decided im going to go through the surgery IF my PS will let me. hopefully counts will continue to drop as expected and in 11 days i'll be relatively flat.

im pretty sure my pannus is the issue with carrying a child. there's a lot of hormones in fat cells and a baby does not need that.

DH and I adopted from China almost 3 years ago and we are SO blessed with her, but i really would love to carry my DH's child :(. but... im ok. really

Christine, Sorryu to hear about all that's going on. I to believe that everything happens for a reason, sometimes I don't know why some things happen, but I do try and believe it.

Will keep you in my prayers that everything works out for you. and remember all that you have achieved with your weight loss, thats remarkable!!!

thank you... i really appreciate you guys putting up with my drama...

mommi-hammi is on for today ... thinking of you!!!!

Hi everyone,

I am in my hotel in France now so I can get online!

Losing!!!! What is going on??? I have PM'd you hon, but I dont have the password for your blog!

I have got loads to catch up on, I just wanted to let you all know that I am fine, the Lipo still aches like I dont know what, and I am black and blue but I am getting better all the time.

We had to do the big transfer from the hospital to the hotel, with 2 weeks worth of stuff (you would not believe the amount of stuff we needed!!!), then we did a big shop at the supermarket while we had Paddys DH here with is car so that we wouldnt have to lug the heavy stuff, after which we swelled up like ballloons and spent the whole evening moaning about it!LOL

Hows everyone doing??

NIna x

Nina: Yeah! You're back. This thread needs your energy. You must catch up on all the previous stuff.

Mommi-Hammi- wishing you the best!

I have my 2 week pre-op today. Hope all goes well.

LJM: I have an adopted child, too. She is turning 9 the day after my surgery (oops, she's not happy about that!), but we are having a big birthday party this Saturday. My DD is such a joy. I have 4 biological children as well and I'm here to say, that after the initial bonding, I hardly ever think of my youngest as being adopted. I hope that you can have the experience of having your DH's child, but lucky you, that you were also able to adopt! Anyway, I do think that getting rid of the pannus could be helpful, even if you have to have a touch up, if and when you were to get pregnant. I'm wishing you the best!

{DH and I adopted from China almost 3 years ago and we are SO blessed with her, but i really would love to carry my DH's child :thumbup:. but... im ok. really}

I understand your wanting to carry DH child, I have 3 DD's from my 1st marriage and the twins were 8 and Jessica was 11 when I starting dating my new husband, we have now been together 14 years and we have been unable to have a baby, we tried for years and then last year I had to have an emergency partial hysterctomy. so there went my shot at carring a baby, the only good news to this for me is I still have my ovaries and we are actually lookng into a surrogate, or adopting.... Hubby actually is really ok with not havng his OWN child, he has been here and helped raise my 3 as his own, now the twins are 22 and Jess is 25, so I have been feeling the empty nest so to speak....

Keeping fingers crossed all your bloodwork comes back good.....

thanks so much guys, SUPER swamped at work, but i wanted to let you know it's a GO...

9 more days

will respond more later... i shouldnt even be on here now ... YIKES!!

thanks so much guys, SUPER swamped at work, but i wanted to let you know it's a GO...

9 more days

Woohoo! That's great, Christine!

Nina: Yeah! You're back. This thread needs your energy. You must catch up on all the previous stuff.

Mommi-Hammi- wishing you the best!

I have my 2 week pre-op today. Hope all goes well.

LJM: I have an adopted child, too. She is turning 9 the day after my surgery (oops, she's not happy about that!), but we are having a big birthday party this Saturday. My DD is such a joy. I have 4 biological children as well and I'm here to say, that after the initial bonding, I hardly ever think of my youngest as being adopted. I hope that you can have the experience of having your DH's child, but lucky you, that you were also able to adopt! Anyway, I do think that getting rid of the pannus could be helpful, even if you have to have a touch up, if and when you were to get pregnant. I'm wishing you the best!

thanks Karey... yeah, i love DD as if i did carry her and she looks like she is my DH's, same facial expressions, everything... bizarre!!

the PS nurse said i would only have to wait for 6 months until we could stop using birth control, so thats not too bad ... nothing wrong with being an 'old mom' i guess...

{DH and I adopted from China almost 3 years ago and we are SO blessed with her, but i really would love to carry my DH's child :). but... im ok. really}

I understand your wanting to carry DH child, I have 3 DD's from my 1st marriage and the twins were 8 and Jessica was 11 when I starting dating my new husband, we have now been together 14 years and we have been unable to have a baby, we tried for years and then last year I had to have an emergency partial hysterctomy. so there went my shot at carring a baby, the only good news to this for me is I still have my ovaries and we are actually lookng into a surrogate, or adopting.... Hubby actually is really ok with not havng his OWN child, he has been here and helped raise my 3 as his own, now the twins are 22 and Jess is 25, so I have been feeling the empty nest so to speak....

Keeping fingers crossed all your bloodwork comes back good.....

sorry about that shalee, i wish you the best in whatever road you travel.

Neal: How are you doing? I'm worried, you're very quite!

i think it's the drugs ... :wink2:

LJM: I am an old mom! It's very wonderful! I have a 31, 28, 26, 22 and a soon to be 9 year old! I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. She keeps me motivated to take care of myself. She is fun and we wouldn't change anything, even if I am a little old. Not everyone's life takes the same path, as you well know!

Neal: How are you doing? I'm worried, you're very quite!

I am doing well. I had my follow up yesterday and was able to 1 of my 3 drains out. They are a pain. I am sleeping a lot, but othersise doing well. The pain is very manageable

Hi everyone,

I am in my hotel in France now so I can get online!

Losing!!!! What is going on??? I have PM'd you hon, but I dont have the password for your blog!

I have got loads to catch up on, I just wanted to let you all know that I am fine, the Lipo still aches like I dont know what, and I am black and blue but I am getting better all the time.

We had to do the big transfer from the hospital to the hotel, with 2 weeks worth of stuff (you would not believe the amount of stuff we needed!!!), then we did a big shop at the supermarket while we had Paddys DH here with is car so that we wouldnt have to lug the heavy stuff, after which we swelled up like ballloons and spent the whole evening moaning about it!LOL

Hows everyone doing??

NIna x

Nina - glad you surgery went well Thanks for the update. I am sure you look fantastic

9 more days

Thats great. Sorry for your going through, but i think this will be something that will make you feel so much better, I know the first time I looed to and saw my new stomach, it was the most surreal moment. Best of luck :)

Here are my 11 day post op pics. I am still very swollen and have some additional bruising. It is strange not having to decide to wear things under or over my "flap"

11dayPO2.jpg11dayPO.jpg

Neal: You look great! When the swelling goes down, you're going to be hot, smokin'! Hope your feeling better, too!

MommiHammi-Let us know how you're doing!

Thinking of you, NurseAmy!