Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

NEAL!!!!!!!!! Good to hear from you. I'm sorry you had some difficulty, and I seriously hope that cough and congestion pass soon. Let me tell ya, darlin', if you could only feel as good as you look, you'd feel GREAT! (And you soon will!)

Tami

Wow wow wow Neal! Look at you! Sorry you had the complications that kept you in hospital longer. Hope you're feeling fit and healthy soon!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am home from surgery, and feeling very well. The surgery went great, and I am not uncomfortable at all (thanks to the wonderful medication). I am all wrapped up with ACE bandages, I have to unwrap tomorrow so I will take pics then and post for you to see. My doctor says that I have lots of swelling so not sure how the pix will look, I am so anxious to see them. Thanks everyone for all of your support and well wishes.

Eugenia

Eugenia and Neal,

I am so glad to hear that you have your surgeries behind you and that you can begin the healing phase now. I am right behind you with my TT coming up on Tuesday . . .

Neal, I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks to you both for posting.

Neal: So glad your home. I was getting worried about you. Sounds like you've had a rough go. I hope you're feeling better soon. Looks like lots of red spots on you. Is that from moving the drains? Your stomach looks great. Your picture is psyching me out, and taking my anxiety level up. I tend to have low blood pressure, too. God bless you're in my prayers!

Tami: The doc that is doing my port change is not the doc that did my band surgery. Of course he is no longer in town, and I do feel a lot of loyalty to him. That being said, from what I understand, the port change is less than 15 minutes and not a big deal. The plastics, however, is a very big deal. Sounds like your plastics guy is willing to go the extra mile. Well, it's all a very big decision and I hope you'll get some answers this weekend. Please keep us posted.

Thanks everyone. I am feeling better day by day. The swelling sucks, but I know it will go down in time.

Karey, I have a lot of moles, I think thats what your seeing.

I have 3 drains and in the pic you can also see the pain pump on my right hand side.

Other than the coughing, the pain has been pretty minimal. Since I stayed the extra 2 days, my post op appointment was pushed back to tuesday.

I will try to post more pics towards the begining of next week

Three more days for me (not counting today and the day of the surgery of course) . . . OMGosh! I just fell out of my chair . . . :crying:

:smile::lol::w00t::lol: OMG mommi - i do the same thing ... but the only time i stop counting the current day is after noon ... so right now i have 14 days, but in about 4 hours, i'll have 13 days... :smile:

Thanks everyone. I am feeling better day by day. The swelling sucks, but I know it will go down in time.

Karey, I have a lot of moles, I think thats what your seeing.

I have 3 drains and in the pic you can also see the pain pump on my right hand side.

Other than the coughing, the pain has been pretty minimal. Since I stayed the extra 2 days, my post op appointment was pushed back to tuesday.

I will try to post more pics towards the begining of next week

Neal, sorry you are still coughing. what is your experience with the pain pump? my surgeon was strongly suggesting it yesterday at my pre-op and i think that the fanny pack would be more of a nuisance than anything ... :thumbup: but if it works and doesnt really annoy... i dunno ...

LJM, how did that preop go? Did you get all your ? answered to your satisfaction?

I still have swelling, and I'm still wearing the compression garments, aka, tight ass undies, lol. I can sure tell when I don't have the more expensive ones on, I start to feel sloshy in the tummy.

Have a great day all.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am home from surgery, and feeling very well. Eugenia

Eugenia, good to hear the brachioplasty went well. Hope you heal quickly!

Neal, glad your'e feeling better, too.

You guys remember that phrase about things happening for a reason? Well, I woke up this morning, on what would have been my surgery day, with a cold coming on. I'm all stuffy, and have a sore throat. In all probability my surgery would have been postponed anyway.

Tami

Tami, as much as I hate the old saying, I do believe there is a lot of truth to it. Sorry you're under the weather, hope you feel better soon :eek:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am home from surgery, and feeling very well. The surgery went great, and I am not uncomfortable at all (thanks to the wonderful medication). I am all wrapped up with ACE bandages, I have to unwrap tomorrow so I will take pics then and post for you to see. My doctor says that I have lots of swelling so not sure how the pix will look, I am so anxious to see them. Thanks everyone for all of your support and well wishes.

Eugenia

Glad your home and doing well

TWO WEEKS!!!

TWO WEEKS!!!

TWO WEEKS!!!

TWO WEEKS!!!

gahhhhhh!

wow, it will fly by faster than you think. I am excited for you

Three more days for me (not counting today and the day of the surgery of course) . . . OMGosh! I just fell out of my chair . . . :thumbup:

Its sneaks up quickly doesnt it

:thumbup::lol::crying::lol: OMG mommi - i do the same thing ... but the only time i stop counting the current day is after noon ... so right now i have 14 days, but in about 4 hours, i'll have 13 days... :thumbup:

Neal, sorry you are still coughing. what is your experience with the pain pump? my surgeon was strongly suggesting it yesterday at my pre-op and i think that the fanny pack would be more of a nuisance than anything ... :eek: but if it works and doesnt really annoy... i dunno ...

My Dr didnt give me a choice, she always does it. Its no more of a nuisance than the drains. I actually used the pack to hold the drains too. I went to take out the pain pump last night. Thare are two leads. THe first one came out ok, but I was surprised how long it was, It was like 8 inches. It just kept coming. lol The second one felt like it is catching on something, so we just cut the lead and taped it to me. I will let the Dr take it out when I go Tuesday.

Eugenia, good to hear the brachioplasty went well. Hope you heal quickly!

Neal, glad your'e feeling better, too.

You guys remember that phrase about things happening for a reason? Well, I woke up this morning, on what would have been my surgery day, with a cold coming on. I'm all stuffy, and have a sore throat. In all probability my surgery would have been postponed anyway.

Tami

Tami, sorry your under the weather. Hope you feel better soon