Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

almost banded with 150 to lose

I just got my tentative date of feb 26th. i started 6 months ago at 285 lbs. im 271 now. my goal is at least 150. i'm glad they started this new sections of threads. hope we can encourage each other!

Jacole,

I love the new groups too. You know for me the hardest part was waiting for approval once I had completed all the requirements that the insurance company required.

Hi, I am in the initial phases of the process. I have done the paperwork, met with the surgeon, done the bloodwork, have appointments for chest xray, mammogram, EKG, sleep studies and lifestyle team meetings. Phew!!! I think I am more nervous about what they'll find in all these extra tests than I am about the surgery. I have 140 pounds to lose to be where I should be. I am still learning about all this but have decided to do it and now I am not going to do anything but what my medical people tell me. I have debated this out for over a year and I have made my decision. You all here will help me keep dedicated and sane. Thanks so much. There is no one who understands these feelings except someone who is going through it now or has done so in the past. Support groups are important.

Hi,I have 164 to lose,I was banded 11-27-07,have lost 45lbs so far,will get my first fill jan 22nd 08,good luck to all,terry in topeka ks.

I WAS BANDED ON 10/16, STARTED OUT ON AUG. 07 AT 309. I HAVE LOST 59 LBS INCLUDING THE PRE-OP DIET. I HAVE HAD 3 FILLS AND HAVE 1.5CC IN A 10CC BAND. I WOULD LIKE TO GET DOWN ANOTHER 100 POUNDS! KEEP EXCITED ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND IT WILL GO SO MUCH FASTER!!! THIS APPLIES TO ALL OF US, INCLUDING PRE-OP PEOPLE, THE MORE EXCITED YOU ARE ABOUT SOMETHING THE FASTER TIME WILL GO!!! :rolleyes:

Hey trystelle,excellent work on your weight lost,I hope I can lose as much as you have ,I am looking forward to getting under 300,I have been stalled at 314 for a week,keep getting hungery after I eat a regular meal,I am drinking ton's of Water, well keep up the great work,terry.

I would like my end weight to be 150lbs. I started out at 315 and I am now at 288. I get banded in 3 days! The total weight lose is to much for my brain to handle so I set up mini goals! After I lose my first 50 (banded) I am going to have my hair cut and colored,multi-highlighted like I used to do back in the day!! I am very excited about this because hubby wouldn't fuss about the cost at all!!! YAY me lol

MY STARTING WEIGHT WAS 309 IN AUG. OF 07, I WAS BANDED ON 10/16/07. I AM NOW AT 247.5, MY GOAL WEIGHT IS ALSO 150 lbs. EVERYONE IS DOING SO GREAT!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! WE'VE MADE IT THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS ITS ALL GOT TO BE EASIER NOW.:pray2:

My surgery is this Wednesday, 1/30/2008. I'm just under 300 lbs and would like to be at 150 when all is said and done. At 5ft 3in, 150 is probably still consider overweight, but hey... better to be overweight than the dreaded "morbidly obese." :wink2:

I'm slated for 2/13, currently weighing in at 335. I'd ultimately like to be at 175 or so when everything's said and done, but I'd gladly settle for anywhere in the 215-230 range.

My surgery date is Feb. 5th. I am currently sitting at 260-264ish. My ultimate goal is to be about 135ish but I have a feeling that I'll stop about the 150's. I haven't seen the 150's since I was a YOUNG teenager!!! I'm just ready to get the party started!!!

Hi Jacole!

I can sympathise. I finally decided to do it and now I have a million hoops to go through. I have met with the cardiologist, pulmonologist, dietician and exercies physiologist. I still have to see the endo and complete the "classes" and my visits with the dietician. If all goes well, I should be able to be banded in April. I am so looking forward to it. The food plan I am on is tough at times, but I am trying to muscle through so I can have the surgery.

I am excited for you that you will be banded in March. I have about 130 pounds to loose, so we are in the same ball park.

With 164 more pounds to loose before my goal of 160, It's great to know that there are others out there who are in the same ball park...and who are optimistic about actually reaching our goals! I hope to be banded in the next few weeks (no date yet). Maintaining that committment and optimism has always been a problem for me... and I hope that having the band will be my "tool" for keeping up the fight!

Lizalee:

I started at 324 last April. I was banded in July 07. Today I weigh 219. It can be done! I hope to be in a size 12 for my goal weight, whatever weight that ends up being. I'd like to be in a loose 12, so I'm guessing at my height of 5' 7" that is going to be around 160 to 170 pounds, but I'll have to wait and see. I started at 26/28 and now I'm wearing 18's. So, instead of thinking of it as being 50 to 60 pounds from goal I like to think of it as I have 3 sizes to go.

I think that I've been feeding on the success. I had a bad December and was shocked when I went to the doctor in January when he said my weight was up 3 pounds! My scale at home didn't agree, but I had a new scale, so I'm sure his scale was right and my scale was wrong. Anyway, I got over the shock of it, committed to another half hour per day of exercise, and now I'm down 10 pounds since 1/18. I'm sure that the fill helped, but the scare of gaining 3 pounds helped me to recommit to the goal too.

We can all do it, and I think that believing in that helps too.

Best wishes to you for your successful weight loss program.

I've been walking my ass off - literally!

Take care.

Sue