Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I am so seriously ready for this election to be over. I dread opening my email everyday because of all horrible forwards I am getting. From both sides! I just got into an argument with one of my good friends over some email bashing Palin/McCain. YUCK. Just makes me feel ill inside...

Yeah!!! On at work (sshhh)

On candy w/ the babies, my friend has twin 7 year olds. After she goes through the candy, she has the kids go through and pick 1 they like, then pick 5 to "give to the poor kids"...then 1 for themselves and "5 for the poor kids"...on and on. If their "loot" is big, they might take "7 for the poor kids" or if small, "3 for the poor kids". That way, they kids get the candy they really like, but not too much. Often, the "poor kids" are her and her hubby, but most often she takes it to work for her students or for the teachers lounge. The kids love giving stuff to the poor kids and they feel good about it. But also, they are empowered by picking the candy they like, being involved in the process, and in the end don't have too much candy. Something to think about.

Also, many church groups or food banks will take the candy and give it out in Christmas stockings! :-) Macy would be so proud to take her 'leftover' loot to the food bank, eh?

Yup, I was about to offer those suggestions. I read a lot of places (including dentists!) collect the candy to give to shelters for stocking stuffers.. and some dentists actually pay like $1 a pound.

Hype Macy up that she'd be helping people less fortunate, and let her pick out a handful of candy she likes, then donate the rest. If you don't know where to donate, tell her you're donating it and bag it up in the car (trunk) until you find a place so it's not in easy reach of ANYONE :)

Ethan is resting on the couch so I got a chance to call my friend Kathy. She's still at the hospital. They can't seem to get her heartbeat under control. The cardiologist said it could be from stress, or from the surgery. YIKES!! I didn't want to hear that. I'm the one that recommended the surgery to her. She has to stay another day and hopes to be released on Friday. She has an iv drip in now to thin her blood because they are afraid of blood clots. After that works, they will put her on meds to control the heart rate. If that doesn't work they will do a cardio conversion which is a shock treatment to get the heart back into a normal rhythm. I sure hope she comes out of this ok. I feel partially responsible!!

I better go check on Ethan. The quietness means he's napping or into trouble! BBL

Judy, you are in no way responsible!! SHE made the decision about her OWN body! And besides, she'll be fine. At worst they'll put in a pacemaker, I'll bet. Try not to fret. ((hugs))

Judy-I'm with Terry...don't you dare put yourself through the wringer (sp?) on this one! She will be fine. Keep us posted :)

Haydee - Nope, no unfill. Dr. said he wouldn't do anything unless i had a problem keeping food down...obviously that wasn't an issue!! LOL

Laura - CONGRATS!! It's awesome being a mommy. One thing i can say is take every bit of advice with a grain of salt (even mine!), and don't "plan" anything about the birth...just have an idea of what you'd like. I wanted a totally drug free natural birth...ended up having a c-section, but i love my bundle of joy...he was worth it! :-D

My doc thinks a c-section would be too dangerous due to a pelvic kidney, so she's planning to do natural unless there's an absolute emergency (I am just praying there's no breeching going on!!). And I am going in with the notion of, the more pain meds the better. :)

Tracy, I did get in touch with her, she got my flowers so she called me :) She said it made her feel better, and she said they got the results back.. Her mom had an undiagnosed cardiovascular disease caused by CHOLESTEROL AND SMOKING. The plaque built up and a piece broke loose and killed her instantly. She said her mom never went to the doc, so they never caught it. Sounds just like my mom--who has been saying for months she thinks she needs her cholesterol checked, but won't go!! I told my mom today, no excuses she is going to get labs done. She got weepy a few times, but honestly she is handling it so much better than I imagine I would be. I would be in a drug induced sleep non-stop. Her dad isn't handling it well so she is having to do the funeral arrangements.

Tracy....a few days ago you said "guess what I am gonna be for halloween?". OK, enough waiting already....WHAT?

My doc thinks a c-section would be too dangerous due to a pelvic kidney, so she's planning to do natural unless there's an absolute emergency (I am just praying there's no breeching going on!!). And I am going in with the notion of, the more pain meds the better. :)That was my thinking too...pass the drugs!! :)

Tracy, I did get in touch with her, she got my flowers so she called me :) She said it made her feel better, and she said they got the results back.. Her mom had an undiagnosed cardiovascular disease caused by CHOLESTEROL AND SMOKING. The plaque built up and a piece broke loose and killed her instantly.

OMG you are kidding! That is horrible and made me SO glad that I got the band and quit smoking! That was my worst fear when I had Macy, so I made up my mind to do whatever I could to get healthier!

She said her mom never went to the doc, so they never caught it. Sounds just like my mom--who has been saying for months she thinks she needs her cholesterol checked, but won't go!! I told my mom today, no excuses she is going to get labs done.

She got weepy a few times, but honestly she is handling it so much better than I imagine I would be. I would be in a drug induced sleep non-stop.

That makes 2 of us!

Her dad isn't handling it well so she is having to do the funeral arrangements.

Oh that poor girl. I feel so horrible for her!