Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Pamela, I sent her wings, sweet potatoe fries an 3 bags of kettle chips and 2 diet dr. peppers, all of which were gone in an hour and now... besides me, I'm bringing her chocolate at her request.

man... no wonder I was 278 at the beginning of this journey, learning to stress eat from my mom. LOL

anyway, gram is way drugged and comfortable now, but we don't think it is going to be long

Thanks Judy for the explanation. Rick struggles with it. He is not so concerned about what the church as a whole believes, he does not like knowingly disappointing his parents. But out of 4 kids, only one of them attends the church with the parents, and she is as judgemental as they are in regards to it. She has been married to the same man, although admittedly by her unhappily for close to 40 years. She continues to refer to me as a heathen.....it is not an easy relationship with her!

Rick enjoys going to the Methodist Church with me, but his Mom will say things to him, about it being a disappointment to them, and how his Dad is inelligible to be an elder or whatever in their church due to the divorces of he and his sister, and the fact that they are not active within the "right" church! Best we can do is pray for patience and love em anyway!

Thanks Pamela, I am definitely having a hard time where I am right now. I find myself suddenly avoiding places and situations again due to how I look. I am thinking it was the big mirrors and the swimming suits that brought it all to a head. Thankfully my tickets are bought, I even questioned that! And how silly, if anyone will love me regardless of my mishapen body, it is the girls that helped me get here!! LOL!

Jenn--there is a time for your Mom to concern herself with food, now is not it, I am glad you know that! Love her lots, I cannot imagine the pain she is going through. I used your experience to remember to call my Mom and tell her I love her a little bit ago.

Tracy---Kinsey sucked in her bubbles the other day & gagged for an hour!!!

Well we are headed to Manda's for some cards.....check in later!

Hugs~~

Kat

Evening, Violets.

Well, it's 9:30 and I finished dinner an hour ago and am finishing my 2nd liter of Water for the day. AND I did not snack today. Not one single thing. We'll just call this the pre-Lenten days.

Kat...when I read Bob what you said about your in-laws church, he said. "well, it's good to hear about a church where Christ's love is so prevelant.".:rolleyes: WWJD?

Jen..My prayers are that your Grandmother's suffering will soon end knowing that when the time comes, she'll be welcomed into God's loving arms.

Time to practice flute a bit for tomorrow and then hit the hot tub. I have meatballs and spareribs to make for the super bowl party at DD's tomorrow. It will be difficult.. but I'll be thinking of all the Violets tomorrow and my pledge to you and myself not to eat unhealthy Snacks between meals.

Everyone sleep well.

Suzie.. thanks for the info. I'm going to look her up.

Just finished eating and doing dishes. Now just resting and watching the end of "War of the Worlds". I fixed Weight Watchers sloppy Joes. They were actually pretty good. I didn't put mine on a bun. I just got a litle 1/2 cup bowl and ate it and about a 1/2 cup of mac & cheese. Here's the recipe. You can double it and freeze it for up to a month. You even get your veggies in on this one.

1/2 pound lean ground beef

1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables

1 (6-ounce) can Tomato paste

1 (1.3 or 1.5 ounce) package sloppy joe seasoning mix

3 Whole-wheat hamburger Buns, split

Heat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, 4-5 minutes, stirring with a spoon to break it up. Discard the drippings.

Stir in the mixed vegetables, 1 1/3 cups of Water. the tomato paste and the seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the buns cut side up on a broiler rack and broil 3 inches from the heat until toasted. 1-2 minutes. Top each bun half with 1 slice of cheese and broil till cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer. Spoon 1/2 cup of the beef mixture on top of each bun half and serve at once.

207 calories

5 gram, Fiber

19 gram Protein

Judy loved the tip of the day!!

Terry thanks for the urging for ctc today!!! I made it. I am going to bed, but afraid tomorrow will not be a ctc day!!

Suzie, thanks for the Water patrol!!!!!!

Have a good night and thank you all for being GREAT violets!!

Jane

Jen & Suzie I got the cards, thank you so much, I almost cried! I can't believe ya'll did that (((HUGS)))

I went to Publix tonight (sick and all) with my mom.. she needs to lose 25lbs, and she keeps sayin she has to do it, so she said she is officially startin the cabbage Soup diet monday. Me and DH did that a couple years ago, and the first 3 days we were eatin fruits & eatin the soup.. and one night, I had runs that were like Water with orange pieces in it.. and DH actually pooped his pants from it.. and so we got to talkin about the dieting. I told her, diets suck!! She said "I've never had to diet before, I gained this weight when I quit smoking" she since started smoking again, but hasn't been able to get it off. I was like yeah, I've dieted a long time, you just gotta find something you can stick to. So I rehashed Atkins with her. Atkins worked awesome for me, it's the will power.. you CAN'T cheat on Atkins.. 6 months I did good, then donuts got to me. But for 25lbs, anyone needin to lose some weight quickly, I always recommend Atkins. So she decided to try it instead of the cabbage Soup diet. So we're pickin out stuff, I'm teachin her how to read carb content.. She's upset that squash has 2 carb, and she's not really understanding how that's ok. Blah blah, we'll see how she does. While we were browsing, I saw from frozen stuff I wanted, but everytime I went to look at something for me, she'd panic about the carbs, so I stopped lookin at me food. They had zuccini pancakes, and the stuffed chicken I saw someone else mention in the food thread.. asparagus & cheese stuffed chicken.. omg.. it looked divine. So I'll have to send DH back to pick some up later :rolleyes:

I got some bagged salads, and more herbs. The new Publix they opened just down the road had a great produce selection. Done rambling, waitin for Nyquil to kick in.

Night ladies!

Good morning, Violets.

I'm showered, dressed and have the meatballs in the crockpot. I'll do the spareribs when I get home from church. I'm eating my yogurt with fresh blueberries for Breakfast. I'm sooooo proud of not snacking yesterday. Today will be a challenge, but I'll have my WWJD Bracelet on as I do every day and it will be a good reminder.

Everyone have a great day today!! Remember, I'll be watching you..:rolleyes:

Good morning Violets...Happy SuperBowl Sunday!!

DH really has gotten sick over night. He woke this morning with 102.5 fever and I am so scared dd will relapse! He is staying in our room for the time being.

Kat-I hear ya sista! All of this extra skin makes me sad at times. I wish I had great insurance like Tracy!

Janie-thanks about the ticker. I saw it on another thread and had to have one!

Everyone have a great day :rolleyes:

Kat, mom requested all that food. LOL

Gram is still holding on, but her color has changed, mom called and told me to sleep a bit more, so I did and now i'm getting up after the worst night sleep and 4 hrs, showered and going over.

I have never been with anyone before when they actually died. Mom and I bonded last n ight like never before. We laughed, we cried, we talked to my grams sisters, we just crawled in bed with my gram. When her breathing was stopping then starting, mom and I took turns just bursting out laughing and crying. out of no where I remembered things like my gram was communicating with me. We were talking about her services. Then my aunt the control freak came in at 1:30... she objected to everything my mom said and then said she wanted a closed casket because she didn't like wakes... PLEASE - she is a control freak over my mom and I think my gram felt it and like she couldn't leave. Her oxygen bounced up to 88 on her own and her breathing picked up. kind of funny isn't it- it was like her calm state was gone. I swear mom and I at the same time, when we were frantically waiting for my aunt felt someone coming in for my gram. It was such a spirtiual amazing night but I am mentally done. I have to work and if she survives going back

Laura - I'm so glad you got your card and hope you have the best birthday.

I'm going to take a before of my tattoo, but I think I'm going to get a new one tomorrow with my oldest friend... she is a tattoo virgin.

I'm still holding 200 this morning... guess considering yesterday that is great. have a nutritionist appt tomorrow morning

OH MY GOSH TRACY 10 POUNDS TO GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and prayers Jenn.

Expedia just sent me an email telling me to call them because my flights have changed. Great! I think I am going to call when I get home this afternoon. Might be stressful.

Jane