Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Oh I wanted opinions on this, I decided not to do the triple test, where they check for genetic/birth disorders..

I figure either it's bad enough they won't survive, thus it wouldn't survive to term anyway... or, if it's something like down's, it's not going to change what we 'do', it would just inform us.. BUT they have the false positives, and follow up would be 2 hours away for amniotic testing which is dangerous to baby, then it could end up bring wrong all along, causing a lot of undue stress during this time. It really made me scared thinking of it, so I opted out. They told me I can call and schedule it if I change my mind, but I don't plan to. Any thoughts on this? Did any of you do it?

My mom was told I had spinal ambifida, they wanted to abort. My mom is anti-abortion, so she refused.. ended up it was FALSE. I guess that's what really was my deciding factor.

Throwing in my 2 cents for what it's worth....

We didn't get the test done because we figured why bother? Either way, we wouldn't have killed our baby. Deformed, Down's, whatever.....we were thrilled with the fact that God was trusting us with a baby. We believed (and believe for the next one, when that happens one day down the line) that God only gives you what you can handle. No need to stress yourself...TRUST ME! :-D Your little bundle will be perfectly fine :eek:

Judy, question, when you do your journal are you a day behind? In other words do you write about what happened today, tomorrow morning?

I write first thing in the morning. I write about the weather and what I plan on doing that day. Then I write in the food as I go. The last thing I put in is my exercise in the hot tub. Writing the food in right after I have eaten it keeps me accountable because I see right away what has gone into my mouth.

Good Morning Girls.

Yup 5am again. Not only am I covering for the girl that just quit but a girl at the South store is on vacation. So now I am covering her shift also this week. Just love this part-time job. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. It's just that it leaves me no time for my Vi's. And in between shifts today I have to take my car in. The check engine light has been on for a week. I have time to take it in for a diagnosis today but will have to take it back Thursday for the work. My sister has several Doc appointments this week and I can't get her into the truck.

Judy, Thank You so much for the text. I really needed that. And I am most impressed with you and your journal. I wish I was a better one. Mine sits half empty. No snow here yet but I did see a salt truck yesterday, sent a chill down my spine. It's that time of year again. I miss my pool.

Jane, I'll check my calender and let you know. Maybe we can talk Tracy into going with us???????

I miss all of you guys and I promise to take care of myself this week. It is very hectic but it does keep me out of the kitchen.

All of you take care and remember that today is CTCD.

Hugs.

Good Morn, my lovelies~~

Wow you all were chatty yesterday!

Laura -- NO, don't get it.

I can't journal... I must have 5 beautiful journals on my bedside table shelf w/ "Jan. 1" entries in them. That's it. Just the Jan. 1 entry. lol. & I think they pretty much say the same thing in all of them...

((TracyKS)) You've got great mommy instincts & you need to trust them. Information is good. + no decision is permanent... if recommended, then you could choose to try the meds for a period of time & then re-evaluate. He is a stubborn one, huh?? Getting someone to listen & provide constructive feedback to you isn't a half-bad idea, either...

Terri? What's up, buttercup?

It was Judy who texted?? Thank you, Judy!

Haydee... you get to go to the awards? Will they be televised? What fun!! Sit next to Jimmy Smitts!! Dazzle him w/your beauty!

This morning I "get" to go to a Leadership meeting @ the school bd. building w/my principal... lucky me! "I am a leader, not a worker bee!" This is the mantra my friend said I should say to myself when I get caught up in PTA drama...

Then it's work & the usual... I'm happy to report that things ARE slowing down a bit! Yay! Over the weekend I actually had NO paying work looming over me... I was able to just kick back & relax & do what I *wanted* & not what I *had* too... I don't remember the last time THAT happened!!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Good morning. Second Tuesday of the month means 8:00 a.m. meeting. Yuck!! I slept bad last night so going to come home and take a nap before work.

I am going to try to journal today.

Have a good day!!!

Good Morning, Violets..

I've already written in my journal and now finished reading the new posts in here. You didn't know the text was from me, Michelle?? Kewl!! I'm the phantom texter!

Course you guys know you journal in here everyday, right?? See how painless it is. It's interesting to go back and look at a certain date in the last year and a half and see what I was feeling and eating. It's an eye opener some times.

I'm off to get ready for my hospital shift and then my PMS luncheon. I made chocolate mousse yesterday to take today and I did have a little serving of it, but certainly not the amount I had other times I have made it, so I guess I'm improving! It's all good.

Everyone have a great day. BBL.......

Good morning all-

I am not really going to journal it. I will write things down and send my diet buddy a note telling her what I am doing but I am not going to actually keep it all. I am a more of a 'one day at a time' girl that would never re-read what I ate last week much less last year. If I had lots of variety in what I ate it would be different, but I am kinda boring.

Rain again here today.

Have a great day Violets.

By the way Pamela-"make good choices" does not translate to "make tasty choices"..LMAO so I will start rewording my ending sentence here to ..."make healthy choices violets!"

Edited by TracyK

Thanks Jane and Tracy for the text yesterday.. I didn't get them until this morning because I had misplaced my charger.. but found it and wha-la this morning there they were.

I sent a long email to I THOUGHT Judy... Michelle did you get it? (it was about Robby).. LOL

I fried flour tortilla's last night and had mexican pizza for dinner......... and I did not PB! Charles bought me MilkNOG and so of course I had a huge ice filled glass of it...... I SUCK...........

Back to my coffee this morning.

Oh I wanted opinions on this, I decided not to do the triple test, where they check for genetic/birth disorders..

I figure either it's bad enough they won't survive, thus it wouldn't survive to term anyway... or, if it's something like down's, it's not going to change what we 'do', it would just inform us.. BUT they have the false positives, and follow up would be 2 hours away for amniotic testing which is dangerous to baby, then it could end up bring wrong all along, causing a lot of undue stress during this time. It really made me scared thinking of it, so I opted out. They told me I can call and schedule it if I change my mind, but I don't plan to. Any thoughts on this? Did any of you do it?

My mom was told I had spinal ambifida, they wanted to abort. My mom is anti-abortion, so she refused.. ended up it was FALSE. I guess that's what really was my deciding factor.

Laura those tests only tell you if something MAY be wrong. There are a lot of false positives....You have to decide IF it shows that there may be a chance that something could be wrong, how likely are you to change the course of the pregnancy? Both of my girls opted out of taking the test and I was perfectly ok with that.

Laura-I had an amnio test done but only because of my age. Looking back it would not have mattered to me what they found because she was my special gift from God. If I became pregnant now, I would not have those tests done.

TracyinKS-I wish there were an icon that I could put on here like the 'you should have had a V8' commercials...so this will have to do :fish:

Judy-I am having a PMS luncheon today too. Mine is just different kind than yours. :laugh:

Michelle-I'll bet you did not know what to do with yourself over the weekend!!

Jane-I just e-mailed you :thumbup:

Haydee-whats up sista? Loving the weather? :w00t:

Jenn-where the devil are ya? How are you?

Suzie-wow, you are being runned ragged! Take care of yourself, k?

Kat-we miss you and you need to come home now...:crying:

Pamela-have the demonstrations continued there?

((((hugs)))) everyone

I am eating my wc oatmeal and I have filled my Water glass for the first time today.

I just took this in the bathroom, I feel like I'm getting fat again....... my face especially...... I might join ww or something..... oh and that is the soap dispenser NOT a toilet!

post-208811-13813137850391_thumb.jpg

Tracyks you are NOT getting fat again!!!! It is your stress that is making you think that. Be stressed about Robbie and Charles, but not your weight!! You look great!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way if that was a toilet I couldn't reach it!!!

Went to my meeting this morning and while I was there I could feel Aunt Flo stopping by. It sucks getting older because I never know when my periods will be.

Oh well I need to get a few things done and I want a nap before work!!

Morning girls!

Tracyks - you are not getting fat!! It's in your head. You look just as beautiful as ever...

Michelle - If I don't come back on Friday it means I've run off to the bahamas with whomever I was sitting next to... I don't now if they're televising them? I'm gonna make damn sure that I wave to any camera pointed at me though! We are all excited, but I haven't found a dress yet... Ugh. My mom found this floor lenght, flowy chiffon number. I think she thinks she's Gloria Estefan or something. And my dad is wearing his tux. I don't think we're going that fancy... we'll leave that for the seniors...LOL

TracyK - I'm not loving this weather. We're doing this huge promotion here in Houston today for Veteran's Day and this rain has ruined our plans.

BAD PAM - did you buy me some?? :laugh: