Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I have been really working at keeping my portions down lately :(. Haven't lost a pound in 2 1/2 weeks. I wanted to feel more restriction like others on this site but I feel the same (as some others on this site...) :Dancing_wub:. I asked my Dr to be aggressive so he gave me 3cc's in my 10cc band for my first fill and I go back for a second on July 7th. I have heard that this may kick in suddenly at any given time.....why is that? It just doesn't make sense that it doesn't start the minute the fill is put in....:confused2: Oh by the way, I had NO problem with the actual fill, only a tiny little prick of the needle and it was in. That was a blessing.

Anyhow, I will keep on truckin and continue to work towards my goal. My boyfriend says I am just too anxious to be at goal and I am sure he is right. This is so exciting but a little part of me keeps thinking I am going to be in the low percentile that fails at this too...

Yvonne - Quit with the negative thinking - PLEASE STOP!!! When those thoughts enter your brain - stop and repeat the phrase - I AM GOING TO GET TO MY GOAL - I AM GOING TO BE A LB SUCCESS STORY - I AM GOING TO DO THIS .

Yes it can take a couple days even a week or 2 for the fill to really settle in - who know why - our band are very fickle and diff for each of us

It's not just about portion size but calories in the foods that you are eating are you keeping a food diary/log - are you exercising.

Are you getting on the scale every day or just once a week...

Thanks for that article Janet. That really helped me a lot. I have been doing really good this week with not eating after dinner. I want to break that habit.

Yvonne, don't worry. The band will work for you. I was really worried that it wouldn't work for me. It really didn't work for me until I got the right fill.

I am one of the people that can eat anything I want without trouble.

Tonight my daughter wanted to go for pizza. I didn't want to because

it's not really a good calorie choice, but it was really what she wanted.

I ordered myself a little mini pizza and the pieces are like 2-3" long. They are tiny. I ate one piece (cheese pizza, no toppings) and the cheese off one other piece. I was stuffed. There is no way I could have eaten more.

In the past, I would have eaten the entire pizza, and wanted some of my daughter's too.

Restriction is a great thing!

Denise - as you know nights are the hardest for me too - I had pizza last night too 1 piece - could have eaten more - but as you said not the worlds best choice calorie wise - so limited myself to 1 piece - but did have 100 c popcorn & fudgecicle for dessert :(

Had surgery on May 20, down 24 lbs, feeling great. Does anyone else burp all the time?

Checkers - Congrats on your weight lost - I don't burp - but sometime do get gassy (the other end:lol:)

Hi Yvonneb, I have been feeling a little discouraged lately too. During the Protein drink phase I lost like crazy but since eating foods I have not dropped a pound. I am eating about 800-950 cals per day, getting good Proteins, no junk foods, plenty of Water, increasing my exercise but nothing is happening. I had my LB on May 12th and I will have my first fill June 11th. I hope the weight starts to come off because I am starting to feel like one of the low percentile too. I am trying to keep a good attitude. I think today I might just go back to the Protein drinks only for a couple of days and see if anything budges. Glad to hear that the fill wasn't uncomfortable. How did he access the site? Did he use xray or ultrasound or just by feel? Becky

Becky

Good job on eating healthy - be patience the weight didn't come on overnight and it's not comming off overnight either - you too stop with the negative thinking - this will work as long as you do the work (which you are) it is a process - some people won't lose for a week or two then drop 5 lbs in one week - just keep plugging a way - just like the little train that could - you will succeed..

Thanks Janet, I needed a little kick in the *#@% today. I am going to focus on the good things that have happened for me since the LB. One thing, I am having a new appreciation for the yummy taste of good wholesome foods. I have done so much of the Jenny Craig fake foods that it tastes so good eating normally in smaller portions. Last night I tried something that didn't settle very well though. I made a nice green salad with low fat vinegerette dressing (just a touch for taste) I made whole wheat penne Pasta with organic basil marinara sauce and low fat chicken meat balls. It was wonderful and I only had a small portion but I had the worst stomach pains all night. It must have been the ww pasta I guess. This is really a learning experience. Tonight I am planning grilled salmon steaks, grilled asparagus and grilled red potatoes. I will concentrate on small bites, chewing throughly and small portions. I got on my eliptical machine for 10 min and will walk my dog in the park later today. Oh I almost forgot....I better start on my Water, I am a little behind. I am trying not to weigh everyday but I still do it. Maybe I should throw the old scale away! I feel better after being on this site. You all keep me honest and my head in reality. Baby steps! I guess I was focusing on trying to be in my onesies for my sons wedding. I am 208 today and my son's wedding is July 19th. I know the thing that will make me look the best on that day is a big smile and a positive attitude. My family loves me just the way I am and I am a very lucky lady. Thanks for the boost....I needed it! Becky

Indio girl...You can eat popcorn? I haven't even tried because I was told it would cause problems with the band. Oh I miss popcorn....maybe I'll try a little. CHEW, CHEW CHEW...

Frisky, I don't think trying popcorn is such a good idea. It seems like something that could easily get stuck in the band. You better talk with your doctor first. Becky

Actually, most bandsters can eat pop corn just fine. I buy those 100 calorie bags when I crave popcorn. I could easily eat way too much of it.

It goes right down for me like there is no band there at all.

I have not posted on here for ages. I was looking at some old posts and noted that some of you had trouble seeing some small print. I am really thrilled because in the last two weeks I have had "inter occular lens" fitted in my eyes and now I can see all the small print. I am absolutely thrilled. I know this has nothing to do with weight loss, but it has made me feel good. The only problem is that now I can see the bags under my eyes.

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss.

It's been quite a few months since I posted anywhere on this site but like most, I reach a stage where I need to connect. I've been so depressed over a certain poster who led a smear campaign against my Mexican doctor that I stayed away lest I said something I would probably regret.

It's been 7 months since my surgery and I've lost almost 50 pounds. Sometimes I think I could do more to help things along but there's been a few snags I've had to deal with before I could continue. I took a 2 month break and went without a fill when my gall bladder flared and I needed to find out if it was a fluke, or I had a more serious problem. Since I have an HMO, it took them that long to pass me through a few doctors until I finally got an MRI. No stones, no visible disease... just a fatty liver {{sigh}}

I am finally back on track and very happy with my band. My Mexican doctor continues to be supportive and I look forward to my mini vacations south of the border. My sister was also banded by the same doctor but when her employer changed insurance, her fills were covered and she doesn't travel with me any longer. I have another friend who said they would love to go so I've found another travel buddy. Yeah!

OK, enough rambling. I guess I'm a little shy about jumping in to another group after my last one collasped so I hope you don't mind another voice joining your discussions. I don't claim to know a lot but I've got 7 months under my band and may be able to help someone else out.

Judy

Edited by judy2291

welcome Judy.

I am fairly new here, banded 3/19, but I know I look forward to new input from others who have been there-done that.

And it is always enjoyable to see other's successes and learn from those who struggle. we are all learning and will continue to learn how to live and work with our new tool the band..

Hi Judy....welcome back! I am a fairly new Lap Bander. It has been about a month for me and I will have my first fill this week. I am struggling somewhat on the weight loss. I initially had some good weight loss at first but have had no loss for over 2 weeks. I hope things get better after my fill. I am trying to stay positive and focused. So far I have seen very few negative posts and that is why I keep coming back. I can't stand to be around judgemental people and will avoid them whenever possible. We are all in this together and I use this post for most of my daily information and support. I get on here every morning and evening. We need to support each other and give constructive information and opinions. It sounds like you are doing great and have had a great experience with your doctor in Mexico. I have suggested to my friends who don't have insurance to look into the surgeons in Mexico. Hope to hear from you again real soon. Best wishes, Becky

I'd like to join this thread. I was on a thread for 50 year olds, but it died. I had a Tummy Tuck 3 months ago and have not lost any weight since then. Even though they took 5 pounds of skin and 3 pounds of fat with Lipo. I'm actually 2 pounds heavier! I just started back to exercising 2 weeks ago. Have had a lot going on with a DD's wedding that just got over and a family party for my daughter yesterday. We're going on vacation in a week and when I come back, I want to start the last big push and get the last 20 pounds off! I need support! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

I can offically join you group. From the sound of everyone's post, I am in good company.

Today is my 50th birthday. Although, my exciting news is my lap band surgery is July 16th.

I have read the good bad and ugly about the band and I am convienced this support group will be critical for my support.

My husband (by the way what does DH, DD stand for) is very supportive, as is the rest of my family, but there is nothing like living examples.

So welcome back to the returning folks and that's for allowing me to join in.:driving: I think I would rather be 30, but it has been a great life so far.:incazzato:

Happy Birthday LynLyn!! I too just turned the big 5-0 on May 17th and then got banded a couple weeks later on Jun 4th. Maybe when we get all our weight off, we'll feel like the new 30!!