Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

THANKS JANET ! ! ! Now, I really am feeling OLD. :cheers2:

Kari - You aren't old - Look you are going to visit your Mom - If you were that old your Mom wouldn't still be here.. So chickie baby - go have fun and you will be the youngest one - when you go visit your Mom:lol::ohmy:

Hi Gang! Where are ya'all at today? I got my first fill last Friday. I feel like I have a little restriction but not much. Have to wait 5 weeks for my next. Meanwhile, it is getting more apparent each day that exercise is going to have to be worked into my day.36_1_46.gif Over the weekend, I did go into the room & removed all the stuff that was on top of the workout equipment, cleaned it, got the boombox back out, removed cobwebs, hung some cool pictures & washed the windows. Closed the door & haven't gone back in there. DH also aired up my bicycle.....no excuses now!

I can finally see my weightloss. Seems besides the boobs going, I now have a turkey neck. O.M.G.! Looked at the exercise thread but didn't find anything there. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open.

Hope you all had a nice weekend! Have a good week.

Carol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Turkey neck here too, first place I lost is my chest. I am big busted thats OK with me. But now they are getting LONG!

I have gone down 1 band size and 1 cup size. I cant get in a lot of exercise because I have a foot injury. So I am doing swimming at the Y. My loss seems to be really slow. Got a fill Friday and I have restriction. I have had to PB 3 times because I have eaten too fast or not chewed. And NOW I know what not to eat that causes this!!!! I see people that are at 6 months and have lost 70-80lbs. Then I look at their age and they are a lot younger than me. I am going to lose this weight and still look like poop because I have all this loosey goosey skin. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing to me how many fills some of you get and how early after being banded you can get them. My Dr. keeps telling me that as long as I am losing I don't need a fill. I am almost 4 months post-surgery and haven't had a fill yet. I have lost 38 pounds without one so I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Actually I am needle-phobic so the thought of getting a fill scares me to death anyway. Keep up the good work all you amazing people. Your progress inspires me.

2bethinagn,

I feel your pain. I have this hangey down part on my upper arms and to top it all it looks like cellulite - bumpy. Yuck.

I have really big boobs that I wish would get smaller. I am so tired of the weight of them. It is funny on some people they are the first to go.

But lucky me - these boobies hang around. Oh sure I have lost some from them - but, they are still such a hassle.

My hope is that the skin will tighten up a bit. Been exercising my body with bands and hopefully it will improve.

All the best to my 50's buddies.

C.N.

Hi Gang! Where are ya'all at today? I got my first fill last Friday. I feel like I have a little restriction but not much. Have to wait 5 weeks for my next. Meanwhile, it is getting more apparent each day that exercise is going to have to be worked into my day.36_1_46.gif Over the weekend, I did go into the room & removed all the stuff that was on top of the workout equipment, cleaned it, got the boombox back out, removed cobwebs, hung some cool pictures & washed the windows. Closed the door & haven't gone back in there. DH also aired up my bicycle.....no excuses now!

I can finally see my weightloss. Seems besides the boobs going, I now have a turkey neck. O.M.G.! Looked at the exercise thread but didn't find anything there. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open.

Hope you all had a nice weekend! Have a good week.

Carol

Carol - FYI it can take up to 2 weeks for fill to settle in ... Exercise IS key I use to HATE IT - now just a mild dislike - can't say I love it - but I do love the weight loss and besides my eating healthy 98% of the time - I truly think exercise has been a big part of my succeess...

Turkey neck here too, first place I lost is my chest. I am big busted thats OK with me. But now they are getting LONG!

I have gone down 1 band size and 1 cup size. I cant get in a lot of exercise because I have a foot injury. So I am doing swimming at the Y. My loss seems to be really slow. Got a fill Friday and I have restriction. I have had to PB 3 times because I have eaten too fast or not chewed. And NOW I know what not to eat that causes this!!!! I see people that are at 6 months and have lost 70-80lbs. Then I look at their age and they are a lot younger than me. I am going to lose this weight and still look like poop because I have all this loosey goosey skin. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2bthinagn - the age thing is/can be fasle - I have done quite well in my weight loss almost as good as they young ones - i have a band daughter who's 28 was banded in Aug and I think she is like 5 lb a head of me - so us 50+ girls can do it too... Age is just a number - and I will tell you that I feel 10 yrs younger and even the younger ones are having problems like us with the saggy skin... That God for clothes and shape wear - and plastic surgeons...

It's amazing to me how many fills some of you get and how early after being banded you can get them. My Dr. keeps telling me that as long as I am losing I don't need a fill. I am almost 4 months post-surgery and haven't had a fill yet. I have lost 38 pounds without one so I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Actually I am needle-phobic so the thought of getting a fill scares me to death anyway. Keep up the good work all you amazing people. Your progress inspires me.

Notmzperfect - There is one lady at my Doc's office who is 6 month out and never had a fill .. Not everyone has to get them as often as other.. Congrats on 38 lbs - you are doing great

2bethinagn,

I feel your pain. I have this hangey down part on my upper arms and to top it all it looks like cellulite - bumpy. Yuck.

I have really big boobs that I wish would get smaller. I am so tired of the weight of them. It is funny on some people they are the first to go.

But lucky me - these boobies hang around. Oh sure I have lost some from them - but, they are still such a hassle.

My hope is that the skin will tighten up a bit. Been exercising my body with bands and hopefully it will improve.

All the best to my 50's buddies.

C.N.

CN - Bat Wings on arms & inner thighs- start of a trukey neck - doggies ear for boobs - Well I did this for health and to look better too - and as long as I am clothed - I look pretty damn good for an old broad :thumbup:

Don't know for sure but the pineapple juice enzymes is the magic I have been told. Breaks down the food quicker.

Have never heard of pineapple juice enzymes. I have heard of sipping pineapple juice, or chewing papaya tablets though.

I am glad to be leaving Arizona tomorrow. Even though the weather is gorgeous here, I am happy to be going home to rainy Oregon. It's been

so depressing trying to get my dad into assisted living and getting his

house ready to sell.

I want my own gym and my own scale. I did pretty well the first week

I was here with not eating junk, but I have been pigging out on all kinds

of sweets the past couple of days. Old habits die hard. When I am stressed, I reach for chocolate, and my dad has plenty of it. I do love the gym here,

but my dad always has things he wants me to do which prevent me from

going. I am not good about going in the evenings. If I don't go first thing

in the morning, it's hard to convince myself to go. I love the weight lifting

class that they have. It's a good cardio work out and strength training all at once.

One of the nicest things about coming here was getting to meet

LuvRocks. She is so sweet and drove way out of her way to meet with me.

It was so nice to meet a fellow bandster. I have to come back here in

May after my grand baby is born, so I hope I get to see her again then. It's going to be even more depressing then. I have to sell all my dad's stuff and put his house on the market. It will be so nice to see her again and get my mind off all this depressing stuff!

I hate using the library computer too. It takes FOREVER for a lap BAnd Talk

page to come up.

sorry to be so whiny.:thumbup: I am going to try really hard today to eat right. I don't want to see a gain on the scale when I get home tomorrow.

Carol - FYI it can take up to 2 weeks for fill to settle in ... Exercise IS key I use to HATE IT - now just a mild dislike - can't say I love it - but I do love the weight loss and besides my eating healthy 98% of the time - I truly think exercise has been a big part of my succeess...

Janet, could you explain the 2 weeks? I don't remember ever reading that. Also, I think I may be confused also about where you feel full. I thought you were supposed to feel it in the pouch. I feel full in the lower part of my stomach.

50's gals! :cursing: I enjoyed reading about everyones turkey necks & boobies! Made me laugh.

Carol

Denise, you aren't whining, you're just ready to be home with your own stuff & in your own space!

Bless your heart, I know you had alot to deal with while you were here and I was so grateful you took the time to meet with me. I had never met or talked with anyone in person that was banded. You sure know your stuff and I enjoyed listening to it all. Look forward to seeing you in May.....better bring your swimming suit! It will be triple digits by then.

Have a safe trip home & enjoy being home!

Carol

Hi everyone. I sure understand about the "turkey neck". I am losing weight on my neck too and by Thanksgiving, I will have to wear a turtle neck so no one will mistake me for a turkey.. ha ha. So far my boobs are still there but who knows, I may get up some morning and my boobs may be laying by my feet and I could step on one... ha ha.. what a picture that brings to mind. It will all be worth it to lose the weight and get healthier. Take care every one. Brenda

I am glad to be leaving Arizona tomorrow. Even though the weather is gorgeous here, I am happy to be going home to rainy Oregon. It's been

so depressing trying to get my dad into assisted living and getting his

house ready to sell.

I want my own gym and my own scale. I did pretty well the first week

I was here with not eating junk, but I have been pigging out on all kinds

of sweets the past couple of days. Old habits die hard. When I am stressed, I reach for chocolate, and my dad has plenty of it. I do love the gym here,

but my dad always has things he wants me to do which prevent me from

going. I am not good about going in the evenings. If I don't go first thing

in the morning, it's hard to convince myself to go. I love the weight lifting

class that they have. It's a good cardio work out and strength training all at once.

One of the nicest things about coming here was getting to meet

LuvRocks. She is so sweet and drove way out of her way to meet with me.

It was so nice to meet a fellow bandster. I have to come back here in

May after my grand baby is born, so I hope I get to see her again then. It's going to be even more depressing then. I have to sell all my dad's stuff and put his house on the market. It will be so nice to see her again and get my mind off all this depressing stuff!

I hate using the library computer too. It takes FOREVER for a lap BAnd Talk

page to come up.

sorry to be so whiny.:tongue: I am going to try really hard today to eat right. I don't want to see a gain on the scale when I get home tomorrow.

Denise - Sorry about all that is on your shoulders right now - I took care of my parents before they died 16 yrs ago - So I understand ((Hugs)) to you.

How cool that you got to meet Carol in person - I have gotten to meet Phyl cuz she winters here in the Desert and when we met it was like we have known each other for years - since we knew each other from here and we are both lucky #7 - I would love to meet everyone here - to bad they don't have one big convention where we could all meet...

I know you will be glad to get home - it's nice to be away - but great to get back home to your own routine...

Janet, could you explain the 2 weeks? I don't remember ever reading that. Also, I think I may be confused also about where you feel full. I thought you were supposed to feel it in the pouch. I feel full in the lower part of my stomach. 50's gals! :cursing: I enjoyed reading about everyones turkey necks & boobies! Made me laugh.Carol

Carol - my 1st fill I felt right away - but was gone by week 3 - 2nd fill - got home had Soup for dinner (i have to revert to post op diet after a fill) and said what the heck - I don't feel any diff - well my the time I moved to mushies/soft -I could tell I had restriction 7-10 days after fill - I don't know why it takes this long - but just like everything - the band is a fickle thing - tight for some in the morning - for me it's not -

As far as feeling full - I eat until I am full (which can be 1/2 -to 1 full cup of food and I feel it on the top of my tummy not the bottom - Yesterday and today for lunch I ate 1/2 of a sandwich - I was full -

That's why I love the 50 thread - we all have the same issues and they aren't always pretty - and we call all relate to feeling 20 in our head and that person in the mirror isn't the same person in our minds eye...

Hi everyone. I sure understand about the "turkey neck". I am losing weight on my neck too and by Thanksgiving, I will have to wear a turtle neck so no one will mistake me for a turkey.. ha ha. So far my boobs are still there but who knows, I may get up some morning and my boobs may be laying by my feet and I could step on one... ha ha.. what a picture that brings to mind. It will all be worth it to lose the weight and get healthier. Take care every one. Brenda

Brenda - Mine is the little red thingie on the turkey - where my double chin use to be - the bottom of my neck isn't bad - Boob - ya gotta understand I was a 34 small B = fatness made me a 42 D - they are deflated ballons - but the funny part is - I am now a 36 D - so i got these floppy dog ears..

I was poking around various surgical group web sites and found one with a 73 old woman who has had her band for years, lost tons of weight and has never had a fill! :cursing:

I am jealous of your weight loss! You are doing great! I had surgery on 2/4 and have only lost 5 lbs. to date, including the week on clear liquids! I exercise a lot (45-minutes per day), and I think I may have to up the exercise to an hour or more. I enjoy exercising, but this whole weight loss struggle is getting old. I'm impatient. I want restriction already! Please tell me that others people here have been where I am now and have gone on to be successful bandsters....

bonnie

I am jealous of your weight loss! You are doing great! I had surgery on 2/4 and have only lost 5 lbs. to date, including the week on clear liquids! I exercise a lot (45-minutes per day), and I think I may have to up the exercise to an hour or more. I enjoy exercising, but this whole weight loss struggle is getting old. I'm impatient. I want restriction already! Please tell me that others people here have been where I am now and have gone on to be successful bandsters....

bonnie

Bonnie you are 2 weeks out - you can not compare my weight lost to your gf.

What are you eating - You may not be getting enough calories - do you keep a food diary or log your calories in anywhere (fitday.com) - I am a FIRM beleiver in it - I am 7 months out and still keep a food diary (it is a proven statistic that people who keep food diaries lose more weight)- I count calories and pt grams - i read labels - I know what i am putting in my mouth every day - I have lost weight ever week except last week - i think i have hit a platuea (sp). I forgot what your ticker said - so I don't remember your bmi - but those of us who have more to lose - ususally do it a little faster than those who don't have as much to lose - I eat 1000- 1200 calories a day (well i did before my last fill now more like 800 and I think this is another reason I didn't lose last week- not getting enought calories) You may not be getting enough calories..

This is not a race - and everyone loses weight differently - heck we have one lady in our group who has lost 92 since July and she doesn't exercise

Just keep plugging along - one day at a time - eat healthy - exercise (btw when I 1st exercised i only did 30 min a day - I have just now worked up to 3.5 miles in 1 hr)

I am not a typical bander (per my doc) so please don't put me on a pedestal - I am a fat chick too - as long as you do your job - your band will do its once you get proper restriction - but in the meantime and even when you do have proper restriction - 75% of the work will be up to you by making low fat - sf - healhty food choices and exercising - (what kind of exercising are you doing - what intensity)

I would love to meet everyone here - to bad they don't have one big convention where we could all meet.....

You know what.... if they have another "Bandster Bash" in Seattle next Feb, a bunch of us should try to go. It would be fun. I think they usually have it around "President's Day" on a Fri-Sun. This is the 6th year they've had it and it was at a big hotel by the airport.