Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

That's what my DR told me--that the band I have has cushions to spread out the pressure--also that Inamed was bought out by Allergen. My band holds 10-12 cc's total.

Glycolax (also known as Miralax) combines well with fluids and has no taste. I use about an ounce or less (depending on how things are "moving") in my tea in the morning.

Does anyone use the Bariatric chewable calcium citrate? What's the best flavor? I bought liquid Calcium at the health foods store preop, but it's gross---so I haven't taken any calcium for 2 weeks now.

Carol

Booniep

I was a bread additic, I can't eat that any more. I do eat mashed potatoes, it was one of my first foods. I also eat baked potatos, not so much rice or Pasta. The band helps you stop eating when you are full. The first couple of weeks really teach you when to stop and what you can't eat. 2 Months out and I am still learning.

I treat myself to 1/2 cup of serbert 2 times a week. I have lost 32 lb. since Nov 19,2007. 3 pants sizes and I feel great. You will find things to substitute for your cravings.

Good luck

Donna

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!!!!! YOU ARE A SPECIAL SPECIAL GAL & I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!

BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS FROM ME!

CAROL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!!!!! YOU ARE A SPECIAL SPECIAL GAL & I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!

BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS FROM ME!

CAROL

Carol

Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wish. I really appreciate it.

I have a big smile on my face - Thanks for thinking I'm special that means a lot..

I'm only 7.5 yrs old in dog yrs - a great new way to look at our age....:rolleyes2:

xoxox

Janet

Hi, I was banded Jan 7, 2008. Am doing good so far but I think the turtle caught up with me and now things ae slowing down. Don't get my first fill till Feb. 27 and hope that will get me back on track. Good to see a group for 50 yr. olds.

I'm only 7.5 yrs old in dog yrs - a great new way to look at our age....:rolleyes2:

xoxox

Janet

LOL! Dog years......I'll have to remember that one! Just realized I forgot the little Birthday guy......

13_10_1.gifCarol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Hi, I was banded Jan 7, 2008. Am doing good so far but I think the turtle caught up with me and now things ae slowing down. Don't get my first fill till Feb. 27 and hope that will get me back on track. Good to see a group for 50 yr. olds.

Welcome to Lapband Beautymaker......

This is a great place for support.

My suggestion is not to get on the scale every day - pick one day of the week to weight in and stick to that day - I find that my weight fluctuates too much on a daily basis so I just weigh once a week.

Follow your doctors eating plan - you should be on mushies or soft by now. Protein first - veggies then starches - I personally follow weight watcher eating plan and keep a food diary logging calories & protien grams. Our band is a great tool - if you do your job by eating healthy and exercising - it will do it's job by restricting how much you can eat - but it can take a little time to get proper restriction- but since you have made the commitment to be banded - you can stick with eating healthy until then..

Again - Welcome & my best to you

LOL! Dog years......I'll have to remember that one! Just realized I forgot the little Birthday guy......

13_10_1.gifCarol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Yep you are only 8 yrs old :rolleyes2: - but you better write it down cuz you know how our short term memory is now a days:tongue: but then you gotta remember where you put that paper:mellow:

Thanks again Carol.

Welcome Beautymaker! This is a great place for information, support, sharing and asking questions. This is a pretty new thread. Another 50's thread called "How is weight loss for those over 50?".....something like that. It is great! I went back & started from the beginning & as I had time read all the posts. So much information about everything!

I was banded Jan 10th and won't get my first fill until 2/15. I was real anxious about having to wait 3 more weeks :rolleyes2: for a fill & the reality of I'm on my own until I get a fill or to a fill that works. I got some friendly advice from here....and now I'm taking it one day at a time......sometimes a moment at a time. But we'll make it, WE CAN DO THIS!

There are some great people here to help! Welcome & best wishes on your journey!

Carol

I went back & started from the beginning & as I had time read all the posts. So much information about everything!

I got some friendly advice from here....and now I'm taking it one day at a time......sometimes a moment at a time. But we'll make it, WE CAN DO THIS!

Carol is giving great advice beautymaker .... Here is the link to our old page

start at page one and read forward - you will learn alot - the ladies on the 50+ thread are who were my main teachers when I was in pre-band mode and post band too - http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f120/how-weight-loss-people-over-50-a-21117/

Happy Birthday Janet. I am glad you are a part of this group. Your upbeat

attitude is always refreshing!

I also need to wish you a Happy Birthday Janet. Wishing you a great year.

Do we have any February birthdays in our 50's bunch?

Welcome beautymaker - I know you will really enjoy our group.

I have been having some discomfort lately. I really feel my band/port -especially when I am hungry. And - I am still getting dizzy. I am trying to drink enough Water. I am eating properly. But, I am just not bouncing back to my old self. I don't know if my body is just trying to adjust to my weight loss or what. I sure hope I start feeling back to my old self pretty soon. Last time I had a followup I discussed the dizzy part - I was told the water thing. Guess I am having a bit of a pity party.

CN

Hey Indigo,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A GREAT PERSON.

Thanks Brenda !!!:tongue: I appreciate you wishes and kind thoughts

Happy Birthday Janet. I am glad you are a part of this group. Your upbeat

attitude is always refreshing!

Denise - Thanks !!!! - you and Michelle are about the only ones from when I started this journey that still post ... Also - I agree with you 110% about not wanting to be so tight that you can't eat - I have been that way for a week now - go today to get some taken out... I can barely drink water..

I also need to wish you a Happy Birthday Janet?

I have been having some discomfort lately. I really feel my band/port -especially when I am hungry. Guess I am having a bit of a pity party.

CN

CN Thanks for the BDay wishes !

My port hurt the longest - it's ok to have a pity party - I have been too tight for the last week - thankfully I go in today to get a small unfill - I can barely eat - I pb's on soupy mashed potatoes last night after 4 bites - great bday dinner - so had a little pity party myself - but like I always say it's not about the food -

Give it time we all heal at a diff pace - just keep doing what you are suppose to and you will feel better soon I hope.

Again Gang - Thanks for the Bday wishes - it means alot that you all took the time to wish me a happy day...

Janet, Happy Birthday, In your picture you don't look a day over 5 and a half years:lol: Hope you had a great day:lol::tongue: