Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I am just beginning my journey. My total weight loss goal is 89 pounds. I do not have my surgery date yet, but I see the surgeon next month. Hoping to be banded before summer!!!!

Welcome Crystal.....

This is a great site for info and support - read all you can - ask questions we are here for you...

Thanks Janet! I love this site! Reading all the info and personal experiences on this site helped me in making my final decision to have the lap band. It's nice to have people to chat with that have been or are going through the same things.

Thanks Janet! I love this site! Reading all the info and personal experiences on this site helped me in making my final decision to have the lap band. It's nice to have people to chat with that have been or are going through the same things.

Well Crystal - look at me - 65.5 in 6 months and I could be your Mom (my son will be 37 in July) - You have the benefit of youth in your favor - so go for it - it's work - but the rewards sure out weigh the sacrifices....

Well look like i got 70 pounds to go.

Had my fill already and I got a so so restriction right now. I'm hoping to be down atleast 30pounds by May-July time, intime for cruise or/and family gathering. I'm sure I will shock them now but I rather be alot smaller :rolleyes2:

Well look like i got 70 pounds to go.

Had my fill already and I got a so so restriction right now. I'm hoping to be down atleast 30pounds by May-July time, intime for cruise or/and family gathering. I'm sure I will shock them now but I rather be alot smaller :rolleyes2:

Doing great - 42 lbs gone in just a little over a month - you will be looking good by the time you go on your cruise

I'm at 45 lbs lost and 35 to 50 to go (my goal depends on my mood, I figure I will know it once I get there). Hello to all!

Howdy Ya'll

My Pre Weight Was 274

My Weight Now Has To Be Somewhere Btw 215-210 Or Less!! I HAVENT WEIGHT SINCE LAST DECEMBER!!!

P.S. Im To chicken Shit To Get On A scale Plus I Dont Have One At Home...

I cant wear a 12-14 but I'm pushing for a size 8.....

My Goal Is To Be 160-175 !!! BY THE END OF THE YEAR....

I just recently started posting here on LBT, but technically I started in the 100+ category. I'm happy to be down in the 50-100's :) 7 more lbs. and I can "graduate" to the next level!

I am 4' 11" and weigh 195, and I'm 48 yrs old. My goal is 115, wonder how long that'll take.

I am 4' 11" and weigh 195, and I'm 48 yrs old. My goal is 115, wonder how long that'll take.

I've lost 88.5 in 9 months - 5'4 250 age 54

How fast or slow you lose is up to you - and also your body - but it's all about what you eat and how much you exercise

I love the new forums! Who else in the 50-100 group?

Hi My name is StarrrPassion:

Was Banded on 9/24/07, I have lost a total of 74 lbs, I have 26lbs to go to reach my goal !!!!!!!!!!

Feeling great....Best thing that I could have ever done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starrr

Edited by StarrrPassion
Placed in the wrong year of banding

I have lost 54 1lbs and have about 69 lbs to go. The journey has not been that difficult once you make the commitment of a life change. Congratulations to everyone and I am enjoying my new self,

Hi im new on this. Im being banded on 1st aug this yr. I was just wondering do you set ur own goal weights, like what u feel u would be happy with or are they set at a healthy bmi for you. I think i would be very happy with 4 stone/ 54lbs, but to be healty bmi id say id need to lose 6stone / 84lbs??

Hi im new on this. Im being banded on 1st aug this yr. I was just wondering do you set ur own goal weights, like what u feel u would be happy with or are they set at a healthy bmi for you. I think i would be very happy with 4 stone/ 54lbs, but to be healty bmi id say id need to lose 6stone / 84lbs??

Edel - I set my own goal - originally 170 - then moved it to 160 - now I am 150 - 145 will give me a normal bmi - I am striving for that # - but it's really up to you -

At first I never thought 170 was attainable - then never thought 160 was - but I now know that it is ...

IMHO - I would really strive for the healthy bmi - it's doable... but it's really up to you...

yea i had 100 pounds to lose preband now ive lost 40 so 60 pounds to go lost 20 preband im down four sizes and have only had one fill last appt was 10/21 didnt get a fill dr said i was restricted lost 7 pounds since that appt