Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW! 2008 Shrinkin' Vi's Trip Planning Thread!!

DFW airport is HUGE!!!! Even assuming you would land on time, I would personally want more time....I hope some who have more experience with that particular airport chime in!

Hugs~~

Kat

I just looked into flights, and to get in around the same time as Tracy, I too would be changing in DFW---so we might even go in on the same flight. Both directions I can get layovers in Dallas ranging from just over an hour to over 3 hours.....not sure what my plan is right now!!! hmmmmmm......I am getting my best prices on American.

Kat

I AM BOOKED!!

Jane, you really need more time in Dallas. It is huge and even if it is the same Airline, you will need more time. I arrive @ 11:20 in Dallas and fly out to SA @1:15. I'll arrive SA @ 2:20pm!!! It would be a hoot to hook up w/ some violets in Dallas and fly into SA together!

I fly out of SA @ 3:10pm and fly out of Dallas @ 6:10 arriving in PS @ 7:10!

I am soooo excited. It is on now. Sorry I couldn't do any NM layover Kat, I tried!

WOOfreakinHOO!

NOW ALL I NEED IS JUDY!

The flight I'm looking at leaves Saginaw, Mi. at 10:25 a.m., hits Detroit at 11:12. 2 hour 23 min. layover.. leaves at 1:35 and in SA at 3:44 p.m. Monday it leaves SA at 9 a.m. and I get back to Saginaw at 2:21 p.m. Wish I could get in earlier on Friday and leave later on Monday, but I'm not finding that possible. I'll keep looking, though.

Does it matter if I fly into Dallas or Houston for a layover? Which is easier to get around. I was in Houston for a layover about 8 years ago, but I don't really remember!

Jane

The flights I am looking at will hit similar times to Tracy's---I kind of used them as a guideline for scheduling. I think I will see what Tuesday holds, see if it does as was said, and makes any difference, if not, I will not have lost anything!

My only issue is unless I leave fairly early on Monday, I am not going to get home until very late. The flight leaving SA at 3-ish---with layover, and time change etc, puts me landing in Albq, 8-9 PM---then I have a 3.5 hour drive home, and Rick is not happy about me driving the reservation alone after dark. Not to mention we are leaving out of here before 6 AM on Tuesday morning!! So I too may have to look into an earlier flight by a couple of hours anyway on Monday. I'll see.

Stubborn husband! He keeps saying to just book it and he will drive me, then come back after me. That is crazy!!! I can park at the airport, and he should not have to drive for 14 hours for this!!! He will be doing all the "driving" to the rally!!! Oh well, we will figure it out!

Games did not go to Ricks liking, but he was just cheering for the sake of cheering, since none of the teams he usually cheers for made it this far!!!

Yep, plan on having a waterproof camera or 2 of my own with me for the adventure!!! We have some amazing pictures we took snorkeling in Hawaii, and funny face pictures we took of each other under Water in Mexico. I look at those pictures, and I have a hard time remembering the great time we were having, or seeing the beauty of the fish and the coral reef, or the silliness in my own goofy cross eyed fun picture-----all I see is FAT! When I look at the pics of the others, I see them, and the places around them, I don't focus on their faults---only my own. Hope someday that changes!

I figured most of the airlines have us going in to DFW---but thought I would wait to find out anyway!! What airline are you flying Pamela?

I think my lowest fare is American Airlines. Going to continue to look around some, see what options I have!

Well I am going to get ready to go to bed....talk to y'all tomorrow!

Hugs~~

Kat

For an additional $200.00 I can leave locally. When I factor in gas, and parking....I am looking at probably a hundred bucks--think it is worth the stress free factor to pay it!

Then my layover is in Denver as opposed to DFW. Denver is familiar at any rate, and if it is a long layover, I can have family meet me for brunch!! Or dinner!!

It is on United.....So will be thinking and talking to Rick.

Night All!

Kat

I am on American Airlines. I also paid some extra $$ to fly in and out of PS airport. It is worth it to me to arrive home and take a 5 min cab ride and be home, especially since I must work 11 hours later. But I should be all relaxed and happy!:girl_hug:

I won't be going to work a few hours later, but riding 6 hours on a motorcycle, and camping at the Grand Canyon that night, going on to Vegas the next day, spending a couple of days, then back towards home to the rally in Utah, then another day or so--anyway sometime Sunday and Monday heading home---which will be about 8 hours! Not real relaxing, but a blast anyway!!!

OK, I am off to bed........see y'all tomorrow!

Kat

So...

I will have a 6hr drive to the airport and then back home, but worth it to me so I can have a direct flight.

I am so happy, I got 2 new cell phones back in November, I mailed in $50 rebates on each phone so I was expecting $100. I got a post card 2 weeks agoin saying I didn't provide a valid phone number and have not had time to deal, I just got an email they processed my rebate and I will be receiving my $250 check within the next 30 days... HOLY CRAP.. Hotel money...

Does it matter if I fly into Dallas or Houston for a layover? Which is easier to get around. I was in Houston for a layover about 8 years ago, but I don't really remember!

Jane

If you are changing AIRLINES it matters. If you are not changing airlines it won't matter. For instance if you are flying American, then connect to another American flight, they will almost always be in the same terminal. Getting around a terminal is not nearly as difficult as going from Terminal A to Terminal B....etc. Both airports are big...i would say it's 6 of one and half dozen of the other!

I would say that if you're having to connect in Houston or Dallas, you are welcome to just fly into Houston and we'll come pick you up and you can just drive with us to San Antonio! The time will FLY in the car as we chat away and watch the scenery! It might even cut down on your airfare as well, or make your schedule easier, etc. Or, if you want to fly in Thursday night, I'll come pick you up and you can just spend the night at my house!

Terry--I may see about that since I could maybe save some of the $$$ it is going to cost to fly out of my home town airport. Will look at the prices tomorrow, and let you know!!!

That is such a sweet offer!

The first time I was in DFW and had to change planes, it did change airlines and I had to change terminals. Some worker told me to get on the train thing, hell I had no idea how to get off or where I was going! I was young, and traveling with a baby,and all the crap you carry with a baby. She was crying, I wanted to sit down and cry. Finally I ask this older man, he was sitting there looking so relaxed, like it was an everyday thing for him. He was so nice, he took me right to the waiting area for my connecting flight! I don't know what I would have done without him!!! Good thing I am not ashamed to ask for help like that!!! I would have still been wandering around the airport!

Well I am off to watch deer with Kinsey, the back yard is full! There is even about a dozen little bobwhite quail out there.....think they are after the cracked corn I threw out to the birds!!! We have a wildlife zoo out there!!!

Kat

OK gals, I'm going to wait to book. SW has specials that have to be booked by today but travel no later than 5/8 so I' mgoing to wait until they release the next set of specials that are in our travel dates. it would only be $200 +fees vs $350 regular price so i'm going to hold out.

Michelle, you didn't book yet did you?

Good morning! whooooohooooooooo pam is booked!

Michelle mentioned last week that she would be waiting to book since she is scrimping for her suprise trip right now.

Michelle... you are so quiet...