Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW! 2008 Shrinkin' Vi's Trip Planning Thread!!

Tracy...WOOT! I am so glad you are going to be there too!

Judy-it would not be the same without you :lol:

Sorry to say but I won't be able to go with you guys. It looks like so much fun and I'm wishing you all the best of times. Have a margarita for me and I'm looking forward to pictures when you get back.

Hugs, Suzanne.

OK---well I have not even had a chance to look at tickets yet....will do so, and book them this week!!!

Went to see the Bucket List today---was a good movie, made me cry though!!!

I just scared the hell outta Rick, concerning this trip!!! I told him the really nice thing about this, is if I buy too much to carry home on the plane, that I can leave money with Terry to send it to me!!! He just got big eyed!!

I figured out on the calendar tonight, I will fly home from San Antonio on Monday, have to drive in from Albq. And then we will leave early Tuesday morning headed to the rally. So my make up bag will be ready, I just have to pack 2 bags----and leave the basic camp equipment and everything else for Rick to pack!! Now if I get to TX and have nothing to wear but black leather---y'all will know I brought the wrong bag!!! And I will be the only one at the rally in capri's and flip flops!!!!

Glad it looks like everything is falling into place.

Hope it all works out for you Judy!!!

I'll try to check in--with days off ---I never know what is going on from one minute to the next. I have Lindzie's birthday party tomorrow at the rec center, and I have no swimming suit!! So I guess I will watch. Then Rick and I plan on hanging around Durango and doing some shopping.

I ate terribly today--way too much popcorn at the movies!!! Other than that I guess I did ok. Didn't drink enough.....will do better tomorrow!!

Hugs~~~

Kat

Speaking of shopping.... I forgot to mention (crazy ME) that there is a fantabulous outlet mall 20 miles away, just about a 30 minute drive. The website says that it was voted the 3rd best place to shop in the WORLD!! It really is excellent. I forget that not everyone has access to great shopping like I do here in Houston, so I take it for granted!! But if anyone would prefer to do that instead of toobin or moseying around in Gruene, I'm sure we could arrange that shopping trip on Saturday morning, too. I'd probably just let ya'll borrow my car and head up there. It's an easy drive, right up Hwy 35 to San Marcos....can't miss it.

Here's a link Prime Outlets

I'm not a big shopper... so i'll be toobin :(

I love shopping.. but this country tom boy would rather be TOOBIN! Insert my face in place of one of those in the pic you posted and that will be ME! :( I am so stinking excited.

I am a shopper, through and through.....but I have hit some of the upscale outlet malls---and often even they are too rich for my pocketbook!! I have found occasional deals, but---a $500.00 outfit half off, is still more than I care to spend--ya know? The artisan fair, now that interests me!!! OK it ALL interests me!!!

Especially in that part of the country---I do a lot of eclectic collecting of wierd country antiques....and art fairs or craft fairs offer one of a kind off the wall things that go with or compliment the things I like!

I got up planning to research a few more flights---but ended up here instead! Rick kept telling me to book the flight last night, but I wanted to look around at costs. I think he is worried I will back out if I don't bookit now! I am not backing out...his fears are unwarranted!

Terry, I am not afraid of a little walk to wherever we need to be! I am used to walking....a lot! I have no issue with a plain jane room somewhere. I agree it would be fun to be right in the middle of the fun----but----I can walk to the middle of the fun with no issue! And if you have a choice of smoking rooms and non smoking rooms and TracyK would rather stay in a smoking room, I will understand....now I might cry myself to sleep feeling unwanted but I will understand!!! J/K---I have no issues with who I room with! I told Tracy I have no problem with her being a smoker...but seriously, if you prefer a room where you are comfortable smoking, with another smoker, don't think I will be offended! I loves ya all!!!!

Well, I am going to go see what else in is my email!!! Will check in later!!!

Hugs~~

Kat

Are we there yet?

Kat, i'm not afraid of a good walk either... we will have to burn off the margarita's.

ok... you gals have to keep me grounded... did I ever mention that I am a tequila on the rocks kind of gal... I don't want a shot... i want it in a drink straight. and did i mention i'm a cheap date ? LOL

I have never been so excited aobut anything in such a long time

Well the 1 mile walk to Gruene is not a 'good' walk...it's on a narrow, dusty road,in hot weather, with no sidewalk. We'll be taking the easy way!

None of the rooms allow smoking, so that's not an issue. You can smoke outside on the porch and we'll be spending 90% of our time outdoors anyway!

Kat - You're gonna LOVE the shopping in Gruene!! Right up your alley.

I love artisan fairs too. I don't "do" malls...hate 'em. But I love to shop in little shop for "stuff", (crap as Susanne likes to call it). The best day to buy a tic is on a Tuesday, when airlines put up new trips (saw that on the Today show). I, however, will be buying on Monday w/ my "smarter half" will help. The flights I looked at had me going to Chicago and arriving San Ant. late. Gotta be an easier way, and she will find it. She is quite the seasoned traveler. I am far too impulsive!

So glad we got this up and running.

Judy, you just HAVE to go. Plain and simple...no buts about it. PLEASEEEE!!!!

Pamela - Can't you just drive to Ontario airport then fly into SA? I found this on www.orbitz.com

$313 + $41 taxes & fees = $354 per person

Depart Fri may 16

American Airlines 1264 7:40a from ONT

Arrive Dallas 12:30 (no change of planes)

Depart Dallas 1:15

Arrive San Antonio 2:20p

Total duration: 4hr 40min

------------------------------------------

Return Mon, May 19

US Air #73

Departs SAT 3:25p, Arrive Phoenix 3:53p

change planes (time between flights 55 mins)

US Air 644

Departs Phoenix 4:48p

Arrive Ontario 6:05p

Total duration: 4hr 40min

Terry~ Ontario is about 85 miles away and about 2 hours w/ traffic. I could fly out of there and save a couple hundred...but then I have to drive in, pay and park, then drive home. I live about 2 miles from Palm Springs airport. And the flights are just as complicated from Ont. as Palm Springs. I think I found a good one...one problem is I fly into Dallas and I am worried that I wont have enough time between flights. It is an hour...and I have been to Dallas...that was huge. But, it has me arriving about 3pm (if I remember correctly)...which would work. Plus, if I fly into Palm Springs, I am 5 min from my house~! Should get the tix tomorrow or Monday. Need to hook up printer before I order tix!

Can't wait!

I think I will be the fattest one in the whole group:frown::):)...that totally sucks.