Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's

NSV?

Is there a list of abbreviations somewhere?

Hi everyone. Just thought I would share my latest NSV.

I have always had a major sweet tooth, I think it was pretty much my downfall. I ate them all the time. I occasionally still get some sweets to eat every now and then.

Well tonight, I saw some of those fruit slice sugar coated Gummy candies (love them) and I bought some. Now in the past I would have eaten the whole bag at once (yeah, that's how bad of a sweet tooth I had) and tonight I only ate 2. I am so proud of myself because I think that is more of an accomplishment then not eating any. After 2 of them it just tasted sooooooo overly sweet.

This has truly been a lifestyle change and I am just excited that I have overcome another weight loss hurdle- self control.

Way to go Georgia. That is huge. I shows that you are really changing your habits, not just following a "plan".

My latest NSV.....I went and got measured for and bought 2 new bras yesterday. I have gone from a 42DD to a 40D. WOOHOO!!

well, the scales are dropping more slowly these days. It dawned on me last night that I think it is key now more than ever, that I look for and Celebrate NSV!!

Here are some of the latest....

- My bra size is now 38D

- I keep getting clothes out of the closet, put them on just to take

them off and put them in the too big pile.

- DH continues to notice me more and more.

- sex is GREAT!!

- Bought "sexy" panties. I have worn "granny Panties" for years. DH

couldn't keep his hands off me. We have been together for 17

years. It's so fun to rekindle our love life

- I feel attractive for the first time in many many years.

- SHAVING MY LEGS IS SOOOOOO MUCH EASIER, and takes about half

the time.

We all have NSV and when those scales seem to get stuck look for your NSV!!!! I can see so many changes that I have let the scales overshadow. WE ARE DOING THIS!!!!!!

Great NSV's Renewed!! Congrats on all your accomplishments!

Here are a few of my recent NSV's:

~I bought some "normal" bra's the other day. I used to have to buy the ugly white bras that had the huge thick straps and thick sides...you know, the ones that make the girls look pointy. Well, I was actually able to buy a cute bra that actually looked normal. The same with panties. White grannies is what I used to always wear but I bought some smaller colored and patterned panties that looked "normal" as well.

~a church member told me that my waist was getting smaller and they could see a nice shape to me. That was really cool!

~I went from wearing a 5XL mens T-shirt (OMGosh:eek:) to wearing a 2XL women's shirt. I can't believe I was THAT big, lol!

~I feel sooo much better. I have more energy, more confidence....and my hubby is LOVIN the changes in me.

Edited by georgia girl

I am so proud of you too!! It really is amazing to think of the changes we have made in the past year. It makes the rough bumps in the road seem so much smaller. georgia, your results are amazing. Thanks for reviving this thread. I really needed to read the last one I posted as a reminder of the victories!! What an awesome journey!!

ya'll have some GREAT NSV's.!!!!.

i enjoy these as much as seeing the scale move (well close) :lol:

latest NSV for me was over the wkend @ the gym. i watched my hubby walk up to a woman on the elliptical - thinking she was Me. thankfully he didn't swat her a$$ w/his towel or pinch her butt - but he swore that was me; when he looked over he didn't recognize my upper body....he had to make note that my booty was the same, just didn't realize how i small i have gotten up top...LOL means i still have work on the bottom.

tiny scale victory - had an unfill last wk & was under my dr's goal...hee hee - still not where i need to be since i'm only 5'1 on good posture days:)

NSV for me

1. Being able to put on socks standing up

2. Putting on socks and not almost passing out because of no air

3. No longer use a CPAP machine

4. No longer take diabetes medicine

5. gone from 56 pants to 38

6. Gone from 3X to large

7. No longer use an extension seat belt on an air plane

8. on my last airplane trip actually had to tighten the seatbelt from the previous passenger.

9. I can walk further then my grand children

OK - this may sound weird, but I was looking in the mirror the other day and tried to figure out what looked different. I finally figured out that I could see light between my thighs. I don't ever remember being able to see between my legs when I was standing normally!! :smile:

I agree with GG - I bought some pretty and cheap bras in a 38DD. I couldn't wear underwire before (hurt too much), now that is all I wear (it is interesting though that with all the weight I have lost, I haven't lost a cup size or a shoe size :lol:).

I had my elderly neighbors tell me I didn't need to lose any more weight (ok so they are old and kind of blind), and they were really shocked when I told them how much I still weighed.

I am no longer the largest person in my office.

When I see people I haven't seen in a while, they do a double take and make some really big comment (often very amusing).

I only have one piece of clothing from my youth - a beautiful black velvet vest that my mother made and embroidered flowers on. I don't remember when she made it exactly - probably late junior high or early senior high (maybe 14 or 15 years old?). Anyways the vest sides cross way over each other.

Yesterday (I just decided to challenge myself to see what I could do) at the gym I did 100 minutes of cardio (55 on the treadmill and 45 on the eliptical) and did just over 7 miles. I also did a 24 minute sprint circuit (combination weights and cardio). When I started, I thought a mile and a half was pretty impressive. The first time I went on the eliptical, I lasted 7 minutes and pretty much fell off with jelly legs :P.

I have previously underestimated the power of the NSV to encourage me when the scale is stagnant. The scale has started to move again!! Here are some things that got me through:

1) I was able to paint my own toes the other day while sitting down on a stool and bending over. I was never out of breath once!!

2) I was able to put on my old pair of size 16 jeans yesterday. They hurt like heck but I was a least able to get them up!

3) I am able to type this right now sitting in Indian Style on the couch and it doesn't hurt!

4) I was able to button a size 16 pant suit jacket today and my arms were not too tight in the sleeves!

That's it for now!