Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

Yea Bigbaby!!! You are doing awesome!!

It's amazing to look at how far we have progressed on this program!! I asked my sis today if she had started it yet. Said she did day 1 once - her lungs hurt for two days afterwards so she hasn't done it again. I remember day 1 and the gasping/heaving for air just for a 60 sec run!!! And look at us now!!!!

Have you posted progress pics? I've looked at so many on the before/afters thread that I don't remember if I've run across yours or not :eek: I so love to put a face to the names on here!!

thanks wombat....i posted progess pix on before after....they are probably within the last 2-3 pages....i cut off my head...still unsure about putting my face out there for the world to see...

Morning~

I'm kida w/you Bigbaby - nervous putting photos out there. The only before photo (cause I hid from a camera for 5yrs) I have is on my friends website and I'm with a bunch of friends. I don't know how to clip / cut blah...and get it uploaded w/some of my after shots...Anyway if someone knows how to do that let me know...I'll post here.

Went and had Sushi w/friends last night - some I hadn't seen since getting the band, and was told I was not recognizable. I know I've lost a crap load of inches vs weight here lately, and that's making me look smaller but I think everyone was more shocked I cut all my hair. I've always had really long wavy hair - and I chopped 14inches off 2months ago, and I went a little shorter this wk ... Love it that way now running.

So running - I'm going to do 2 days of wk 6 again / Going to wait till I'm back next wk from skiing before attemptin wk 7. Not sure if I'm going to run today **hubby wants to try a spin class** - Gotta tell you I'd really like to try this but don't want to look too much like a fool puttering out early ...LOL.....

Happy Sunday~

Hi all, I wanted to start with y'all but wimped out after the first workout. I am the one with the bad foot, lots of scar tissue, from surgery.

Well, I have been working out on the elliptical and weights and all and the last couple of days, walking with my son.

I decided to again try the first workout today. I actually walked first for 10 minutes, then jogged 60 seconds at the top of every 5 min. increment. I worked out for a total of an hour. My son couldnt hang, so i would run ahead of him and then behind him and back up to him! (he is only 9)

Anyway, I decided I would have to suck it up and do it. I am not in pain like I was before. I know that having less weight on it helps. ALso, i purchased new running shoes and ran outside today.

I look forward to doing a 5k!

Also, I actually could have gone over 60 sec. but I didnt want to push it.

See you at the finish line!!!

Maybe i didnt convey this, but ive been working out regularly since the last week in December - i credit this to having the stamina to do today's workout.

woohoooo paragirl!!! That is fantastic!! :thumbup:

I know the weight loss will help you feet tremendously!! I no longer have foot pain. I couldn't run if I wanted to before because of my arthritis. Hopefully that scar tissue will just keep working itself out and you will be a runner too!!!!! You are already on your way :(

Bigbaby - went back and saw your pics!!! You are doing mahvelous dahling!!!!

thanks wombat--when are you luluc and I going to meet up?

We need to being so close -

ParaGirl - that's great you got started again, I just got diagnosed w/a form of RA, and I just push through it sometimes.. Seems cold/damp days are tougher than most. I'm using our hot tub a whole LOT more this winter...contributing to the high price of propane..HA!!

TXG - Surgery this wk!!! Wishing you the best!

I was surprised to wake up and not feel sorness, but just feel that the inner thigh muscles were worked yesterday! I have been workinglike a maniac and not felt it there yet, which is a place i need to work!

Yay

Thanks Lulu - and everyone else. I am on liquids today. Surgery is at 7:30 am tomorrow and doc requires an overnight. I am way excited at this point. We have a small office and they all know about tomorrow. They are all so sweet. They planned their lunches so that nothing had to heated today - no smells to make me long for.

I know I have 2 weeks of just walking after tomorrow. I can't wait to rejoin the ranks of the running. All of you are doing so well. And yeah to the folks who have joined while I was ill - you guys ROCK!

Well, you guys have a great week and I will see you on the other side!

Getting my last run in before going skiing (thought we'd have snow here in DFW last night ---) this AM. I'm venturing the skiing will be more than enought exercise but DH is insisting on us bringing running gear (the house we rent every yr has a gym)...So they're going :rolleyes2:

Have a Good Wk~!~

hey lulu and bigbaby - we should try to get together - would be great fun :biggrin:

Whosya - we had snow!! I had about 3 inches at my house last night. I let the kids out to have a snowball fight when they really should have been in bed. We just don't get snow very often :rolleyes2:

Ok - ran day 1 week 6. I feel beat down. Not sure if it was the run or the yoga I did last night. I'm up almost a whole freakin pound - I want to scream. I can't hardly eat - tossed my Protein Shake this morning because stupid me took a pill with it. grrrr

Ok - today is going to be a good day - I'm going to go off and forage for food now :biggrin: (and hopefully it's NOT chocolate!)

Wombat / BigBaby - Love to get together....Actually I'd Host at Couch5k get together for all on board at our Ranch South of Dallas. In process of Renovating my Farm House - but Ya'll are welcome to Ride the Horses / Mules (that's mini tractors for those not in TX talk) / Pool / Hot Tub / DH putting in a sand Volley Ball Court...Once all is complete ... I got a July Date - But I bet it's all done in Oct. Told my contractor I needed it ALL done by the holidays.

I am OFF to get some skiing shredding going on tomorrow...So glad, the last 2 years I didn't even hit the slopes. I cooked for everyone & made martinis. Didn't go in the hot tub - just made sure laundry was done... Can I tell you I"m so not doing any of that this yr!!!

Catch ya'll on Monday....Happy Running~

PS - TXG - hope surgery went well!!

Hey all, I know I am way behind you all, but I just did day two of week one! It was not too bad, I was able to complete it and not pass out! Had to have 32 oz of Water when i returned home.

Wish I could go to the above talked about party in Dallas! I used to live in Sherman, Tx, worked for TI. Now I am in Georgia.