Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi laraestokes! I will be banded on April 21. Please let me know how you are doing. I'm excited but also scared. I'm from Corsica,SD. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi-Sue. I was wondering if anyone else out there from around here. It seems like my doc does a lot but I haven't run into anyone besides me and the hubby. We actually had a visit with him today and Rich needed to get a fill-actually his first one to find out after thinking he had three others. He was missing the port. Don't let that scare you though. He did mine and I have lost 25 pounds since my fill. which was in February. I am down from 280 to 245. Don't get discourage as you really don't lose to much weight until you get a fill. We live in Bruce SD and work in Brookings. Hope to hear back from you and Good luck!

Lara, I'm from North Dakota and still in the planning stage. How long has your dr been doing lap band? Had he done alot of them before yours? The dr here in Bismarck just started doing lap band in March and I'm looking for others who were initial patients of drs. Thanks for any info. Celeste

Celeste- I guess I was bad about not looking into my surgeon to well. I was referred to him by my Baratric doctor whom I had been seeing for around 4 years. He has used the Surgical Institute Surgeons fof many of his WLS patients. I did send my husband to have his first before I did mine. Just to be sure :). He does have a hard time finding the port, but is very good about sticking to it until he gets a fill in. We infact had an appt. last week and I have not needed anymore adjustments since Feb and I am down over 30 pounds since the initial surgery. I'm doing about 2 pounds a week. So are you going to be his first? I think I heard my doc say they need a procter in the room when they do the first few surgeries. Let me know if youhave other questions. It is the best thing I have done for myself! Good Luck!

Larae

I am from Mitchell, SD. I was banded right here in Mitchell by Dr. Andrew Reynolds. I won't get a fill for another 3-4 weeks.

Pam-You are doing great! I also got your post from about Dakotacare-they are great. Watch how your surgeon code your fills-if they code them as obesity-Dakotacare may not pay them-just depends on your plan. Mine and the DH doesn't cover for obesity, but will for other medical conditions, which I constantly have to have our surgeon resend in our claims. I have still only had one fill and down 53 pounds since Dec. The Dh has had 2 fills that have went in and he is down around 30-I think he needs to go in again-but he is a man and stubborn. I love Mithcell-my neice got married there last summer and another neice goes to Dakota Weslyan. Best wishes on the rest of your new life-I would not change my banding for anything!

Hey fellow South Dakotians! I live near Watertown. I was banded in Sioux Falls by Dr. Peter O'Brien last week on Aug. 16. I was feeling great and went back to work today 8/21 (I am a teacher so it's not a real strenuous job). My dr. has done over 200 surgeries. I hope you all keep doing great! I have to go back this Wed. to Sioux Falls to have my staples removed, so I will get my "official weight" then. So far by weighing myself at home I have lost 10 lbs, better than nothing!

Hi Spunky welcome to our circle of South Dakotan bandsters! It is always good to know you aren't alone is this battle. I have reached a plateau nothing gained or lost since august 12th. I wont get my first fill till Spetember 14th. Dr. Reynolds said I am doing everything right, just relax, finish healing & keep up the good work.

Hello ... I too am a South Dakota Banster! It's hard to find SD bansters that's for sure!! But I am proud to say I am one of them ! LOL!

Gina (SoDakota)

Adj Lap-Band 02-17-05

374/ 339 / 313 ½ / mini goal 300

(highest, pre-op, current, goal)

4/12 1st fill .3cc

5/12 2nd fill .5cc

7/7 3rd fill . 8cc

9/8 4th fill .4 cc

Hi-just checking if there are others from South Dakota on here-both my husband and I were banded this past Dec.

mswicked3 welcome to LBT! I just checked out your profile and we share the same birthday! I am a few moons younger than you, but hey we share the same date! I thought that was pretty cool! I live in Mitchell, SD and was banded by Dr. Reynolds here on July 29, 2005.

Well now isn't that the coolest thing .. I didn't even notice that!! I am not in Huron .. I am about 1 1/2 hrs from Mitchell ... This is so wierd too cuz I had a dream last night I bought a house in Mitchell .. now how wierd is that!! To bad I didn't know you before .. I'd have loved to be going to Mitchell for my adjustments not SFalls .. I like Obrien but it's a 3 hr drive for me .. grrrr ... Anyways .. Nice to meet you!!

Gina (SoDakota)

Adj Lap-Band 02-17-05

374/ 339 / 313 ½ / mini goal 300

(highest, pre-op, current, goal)

4/12 1st fill .3cc

5/12 2nd fill .5cc

7/7 3rd fill . 8cc

9/8 4th fill .4 cc

Banded by: Dr. Obrien , SFalls SD

Hi Girls! I'm a seven month bander and doing great! If anyone is interested in our support meetings in Mitchell the second and fourth Thursday of each month at the hospital. They are a lot of fun, nice group of people. Get a hold of me for more details. Hope everyone is doing great. I just hit 55lbs lost so doing fine. My last fill is really tight and I,m not eating much! Don't go back until the first Tues in Dec. Good job everyone!!!!!

Hello! I am thinking I'm wanting to road trip to some meetings .... can I get more info on the one's in Mitchell? I actually have December 8th off and could come to that one if they are having it that night! THANKS! - Gina in Miller,SD