Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from NYC/Westchester?

Thanks Kccat-

I had my sugery Monday. I am home but have alot of pain now. Will keep you posted as I feel better. Good Luck to you!

Your Yorktown neighbor, Barb

PS> Do you have any children? Where do you live? Are you on the Mohansic or Crompond School side? Or are you in Lakeland School District? My 11 yr old son goes to MESMS and my daughter will start Brookside next year.

I'm glad your surgery went well. I replied back to your private message but if you didn't get it for some reason, I live on the Lakeland side, I'm in Shrub Oak. My daughter is about to start Lakeland HS, my son goes to Ben Franklin. Then I have a little guy that goes to daycare in Cortlandt. I'm still debating whether or not I want to go through this whole procedure. This site is great though. It's helped me weigh the pros and cons. Well, keep me posted on your progress!

Casey (kccat3594)

who did your band?I'm being banded on feb 4th Dr Artuso

Hi Babedoe4,

I was banded at Dobbs Ferry Hospital by Dr. Dominic Artuso, on May 16th, 2008. I started at 238 and am now, 2 months later at 204. I'm doing well, however still dealing with feeling hungry which I'm told will stop after my 3rd or 4th fill. Other than that, no problems. I'm very happy that I had the lap band done. Dr. Artuso and his team are really nice people.

Doly718

I really want to stay in Westchester, unfortunately...I need somewhere that's more accessible to me. I hate the thought of having to go to the city all the time for appointments :)

Hi,

I live in Croton, NY, I had my bad done by Dr. Dominck Artuso in Dobbs Ferry. He's very good. He also is out of network for me, but he takes what ever the insurance pays and doesn't charge you more, so far this has been true to his word. I have not received any billing from him. So go talk to his office people, they are very helpful and will give you all the insurance info that you could want. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Doly718

Hi - I live in Irvington and work in Manhattan. I was banded 6 months ago today and have lost around 65 pounds. Dr. Bessler at NY Presbaterian-Columbia did my surgery. His team there is excellent and he has an excellent reputation. I had 3 fills, one each the first 3 months. Skipped the last two months (losing weight fine) but going for a fill next week. Best of luck to all !

Hi - I live in Irvington and work in Manhattan. I was banded 6 months ago today and have lost around 65 pounds. Dr. Bessler at NY Presbaterian-Columbia did my surgery. His team there is excellent and he has an excellent reputation. I had 3 fills, one each the first 3 months. Skipped the last two months (losing weight fine) but going for a fill next week. Best of luck to all !

Does NY Presbaterian- Columbia have any satilite offices in Westchester or anywhere other than NYC? Congradulations on your weight loss! I realize I haven't posted on this forum since before my surgery. Hope everyone is doing as well as I am! Let's get Westchester support going again! :Banane37:

My friend debi717 had her lap band done by Dr. Fielding in NYC, but she gets her fills done at White Plains hospital.

I got my band done on May 16, 2008 and to date I have lost 36 pounds. I'm having a little trouble since my last fill which was on Aug. 7th which brought me to 6cc, I'm very restricted and having a difficult time eating just about anything. Now eating only purees, but that too causing some difficulty. Thinking about going back and having them remove 1/2 cc. I had my band done at Dobbs Ferry hospital by Dr. Artuso. I like the way the weight is coming off, but I think my band may be a little too tight. I have vomited almost every night during dinner.

My friend debi717 had her lap band done by Dr. Fielding in NYC, but she gets her fills done at White Plains hospital.

I got my band done on May 16, 2008 and to date I have lost 36 pounds. I'm having a little trouble since my last fill which was on Aug. 7th which brought me to 6cc, I'm very restricted and having a difficult time eating just about anything. Now eating only purees, but that too causing some difficulty. Thinking about going back and having them remove 1/2 cc. I had my band done at Dobbs Ferry hospital by Dr. Artuso. I like the way the weight is coming off, but I think my band may be a little too tight. I have vomited almost every night during dinner.

ouch. sorry you're having trouble with your last fill. sounds like you definitely do need a slight unfill. you shouldn't be vomitting on purees. make sure to stay hydrated and keep your Protein levels up. best of luck.

I have a question for those of you who use NYU (Dr. Ren/Fieldings/etc): I got my band done by Dr. Philip Weber in White Plains but I don't like their program now that I've already had the surgery. I'm spending so much money to see their dietician every month out of pocket and I'll have to see her everytime I want a fill (which she and the entire office is reluctant to give fills). So my question is this: Do you have to see their dietician after you've had the surgery? Do you have to see him/her before fills, or do you just see your surgeon and they determine your fills, etc. I just want to know what the program is like before considering switching.

Thank you for any help you can give :thumbup:

I have a question for those of you who use NYU (Dr. Ren/Fieldings/etc): I got my band done by Dr. Philip Weber in White Plains but I don't like their program now that I've already had the surgery. I'm spending so much money to see their dietician every month out of pocket and I'll have to see her everytime I want a fill (which she and the entire office is reluctant to give fills). So my question is this: Do you have to see their dietician after you've had the surgery? Do you have to see him/her before fills, or do you just see your surgeon and they determine your fills, etc. I just want to know what the program is like before considering switching.

Thank you for any help you can give :Banane34:

My Dr is Fielding and from what I understand, the dietician is available by appointment only or you can call her anytime. I don't think there is a charge for seeing her either if you had your surgery there. I asked a while ago.I have not seen her since the day I was released from the hospital after my surgery but I have called her and she got back to me pretty quickly.

The fills are done by the Drs (any of them) and I went to one of their satelite offices last time. They are aggressive with your fill if you want them to be. They do not numb the area or use any instrument to locate where to put the needle. I have had no problems and I trust them. I have had two and I am restricted. I have a10cc band- got 3cc first time and 3 cc last time. My band had about 1cc when he put it in. I asked. I ask a lot of questions all the time and get good responces. I will tell you that the NYC office is always very busy and you have to wait usually. Dr Fielding has the band himself and he is a great Dr and person. I just finished reading "Fighting Weight" written by him and Khaliah Ali. Great read Good Luck! :thumbup: Feel free to ask any other ???.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

Glad to help! Good Luck!

I am wondering if anyone in Westchester has attended the support group at 19 Bradhurst near Westchester Medical Center. I was not banded with that medical group but am allowed to attend($10fee).

I know this Thursday is the post-op support group and I wondered what other people have thought about it. Also, one time I was told it is at 5:00 and another at 6:00. What time does it start? I can't get a straight answer from the hospital and they keep disconnecting me. I'd appreciate some info if anyone knows. Thanks!