Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery on Dec 21st

:whoo:Yes, it finally happened. After 8 months of working through qualifying and visits and finally getting the approval from insurance company less than 24 hours of surgery date/time.. Phew, I was sweating there for a little bit. I had reached out of pocket max for the year and would save considerably if done this year and YIPPEE.... it went through.

I just wanted to say HELLO!

It's going well...

Hello - I also had my surgery of 12/21 adn so far I feel okay. Similar problems to what I had read, port pain, gas, and some problmes sleeping. I am excited. I am down 8.2 punds in five days, but wonder about some others progress. I saw one post from a woman who was banded on 12/16 who had lost 28 pounds. That is only 10 days.

Lanie

lanie527-just remember that everybodies are different and plus you r still swollen. give it sometime and u will b answering the same answer to a newbie

As far as comparing your weight loss to others, please remember that some people do a two to four week PRE-OP diet and others don't.

some start counting their weight loss from their highest weight and some from the first Dr's appt and others from the day of surgery. Additionally, the person's starting BMI and weight will matter, the more you have to lose, generally the faster you'll lose in the beginning.

More factors: the person's age, level of activity, male vs, female etc.

Don't be too harsh on yourself, as long the scale goes down and not up, you're doing something right.

Welcome to LBT and glad to hear you were able to get banded!! I havent been banded yet, but looking frwd to it...not all the hoops I gotta crawl through (cant jump too fat) LOL to get approval for the surgery and also trying to get the money together to pay my 20% of the surgery.

So anyway good luck with the post op intake and keep us posted..

blessings

I was also banded on 12/22. Feeling okay..just still very sore in the stomach and chest. Going to see the DR. today. I have some questions. Want to know what I can eat during the mushy stage... I wake up hungry right now in the liquid stage????

I also have been doing some soul-searching and decided that DIETS don't work because unless I change why/how I am feeding my emotions and stress, I will have the same issues as soon as I go off the diet.

For the 2 months pre-surgery, I started making weekly goal sheets (posted for all to keep me honest) and added 1 goal a week (started small so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed) I started out with 5 minutes riding exercise bike. That was all I had to do for the first week each day and I told myself that this was a lifestyle change. I then added nutritional Breakfast the next week. Then I made the exercise to 10 minutes. THen I added listening to positive tapes and writing positive affirmations. I was up to riding bicycle 40 minutes. I gave myself permission to allow some wiggle room and that if I met all my goals, 5 out of 7 days.. then I'm doing good. And, the reason why this is going to work is because I am putting myself first (within reason) and I must accomplish my goals on that worksheet above all else because I need to do it for ME. I always take care of others before myself and am SUPER MOM but I have to show my kids that being healthy comes first. I took the focus of weightloss and made the focus on "healthy". I have to be honest, I am still going to have a piece of chocolate here and there because it is wrong to completely deny yourself. It makes me want it more if I say I can't have it. I just need to learn moderation, what a true "healthy portion", and that what I eat now does affect me NOW and that I'm lucky I am healthy considering how heavy I am but it will be too late when I see the bad effects of being heavy. I am ridding myself of the all or nothing mentality and learning it's okay to not be "perfect" if I make an unwise food choice.

BTW, thanks to all for responding to other post. I didn't know how to see replies or reply because I'm new at the chat forum.

Take care. God bless. I wish you all wonderful success and to be "nice" to yourselves. I DESERVE being fit and LEAN. woohooo!;)

Hey, Triplet Mom - I'm knew to this forum too. I was also banded on 12/21. I'm also a MOM (twins + 1). I love reading what you've done - small steps. Great idea! I think I'll follow your lead ;-) Good luck!

TripletMom,

I was in a very similar situation. My insurance agreed to cover the surgery but my out of pocket max is going to DOUBLE next year. I really wanted to get the surgery done today because it was the last time I could have it done this year. AND I DID!

I am so excited and even more excited that I feel so well. I had it done at approximately 8 a.m. and it's 11:24 p.m. and I feel good!

YEAH! that is awesome! "someone" is rooting for you and making it happen! Good luck. Take it easy. I have to say I am more sore last couple days than I have been. Think it might be the coughing thing (have upper respiratory infection - first in lifetime but probably because I had slight cold during surgery but I'd DO IT AGAIN! hee hee.

I was not excited about it until the surgery was over. I am so happy because I know this time I won't fail because it's not a DIET. And, even though I get ravenous more quickly, it's just an itty bitty bites of food that makes me full which is the coolest. I'm not trying to be perfect in eating which is a first for me. Trying to accept the "gray" and realize that YES, I did have a chocolate kiss and look, I still lost weight anyway. IT IS SO WONDERFUL... I'm glad I did it even though I had some second thoughts about going through with it.