Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

3 hours ago, MLC3409 said:

I saw your post you did about your date but I don’t know how to reply or answer like you did. To be honest I’m finding the app rather clunky. I’m sure I will.

It's not just you... this forum isn't the easiest to update or navigate for me either, but it's great to skim the posts. Lots of repeats unfortunately but lots of good information to questions you might have.

Got my surgery date for December 27th. Very excited but also very scared as I never had a procedure done before but it's time for this momma to start caring of herself. Currently 212 doctor thinks I'll loose about 80lbs so I am excited to see. Also about 5'1 so pretty short. Anyone needs an accountability / super partner I am here!!

1 hour ago, Felicia1288 said:

Got my surgery date for December 27th. Very excited but also very scared as I never had a procedure done before but it's time for this momma to start caring of herself. Currently 212 doctor thinks I'll loose about 80lbs so I am excited to see. Also about 5'1 so pretty short. Anyone needs an accountability / super partner I am here!!

You and I are about the same stats!! I’m 5’1. My heaviest was 234 but I lost a fair amount then started gaining again and at 213 I decided it was time! With my 2 week pre-op liquid diet I weighed in at 197 this morning. 5 more days until my surgery. Scared but eager to see where this takes us!! We got this!! Let me tell you!! I’m really noticing my habits around food now that I can’t eat anything… and I’ve been having dreams of eating food and ruining my pre op plan for surgery. I just have to laugh at myself for that though. Because I know I want this.

I am so happy you commented on my post! Means a lot. 230 was my pregnant weights. I got done to 170 with a trainer and on my own once or twice and that was a great version on me but clearly after 3 kids I just can't do it on my own or mentally with my daily life services. 197 pre surgery is great!! ❤️ Girllll I am a donut Creamer lover so I can't wait to see the weight I drop before hand as well. We won't look back after this! Please keep in touch with updates I would love to see your progress!!!

11 hours ago, Felicia1288 said:

Hooray for another December 27 person! Curious what your pre-op instructions are. My surgeon's office will do my pre-surgery testing on Dec 13 and then I just have to do liquids for 2 days, so Dec 25 and 26.

On 11/29/2023 at 19:15, NickelChip said:

Hooray for another December 27 person! Curious what your pre-op instructions are. My surgeon's office will do my pre-surgery testing on Dec 13 and then I just have to do liquids for 2 days, so Dec 25 and 26.

Right!! It is awesome! I just got my paperwork to read through. I’m a little upset with myself that I have not been more productive with my pre op stuff.
I am so unprepared at this point. I have 3 weeks to get my garbage together.

I got some of the suggested supplies today but still feeling so far behind.

I did start watching some of the YouTube videos you suggested. I started with Dr Weiner.

Now to read the 43 pages of pre op paperwork my doctor sent 😂

Ohhhhh!!! I learned how to reply lol🤣😂

2 hours ago, Felicia1288 said:

I have to do two weeks pre op starting the 13th and two weeks post op, you have two days each pre and post op?. Let's all keep in touch

I have to do two weeks liquid with one meal a day , then one week just liquids up to date before surgery. I’m sooo unprepared though. I feel so out of my element right now. The fear of messing up is starting to set in for sure

We got this! One day at a time. Once you see what you need each day the next will get easier. I'm sure. It is a lot of prepping. We were told 5 shakes a day liquids sugar free Jello popsicles broth etc. I never had any type of surgery before so I am getting scared myself only thing that came close was childbirth 🤣

7 hours ago, Felicia1288 said:

I never had any type of surgery before so I am getting scared myself only thing that came close was childbirth 🤣

Same with me. The only time I've been under anesthesia was for my wisdom teeth when I was a teen. But the hospital where I will have this surgery is the same as where I had both my kids. The sad thing is, they have really good food. A weird thing to say about a hospital, but it's true! The in-room food is delicious and even the cafeteria was nice enough I would have lunch there after appointments. I remember being really impressed with the meals when I was in the maternity ward. The nurses were so sweet. They even put an order in for me from a local ice cream place because they were all getting some delivered for after their shifts. They saved it in the freezer for me until I was allowed to eat after my epidural wore off. (I was in labor a really long time and that was the best ice cream I have ever had). Sadly, this time will be a bit different when it comes to the food experience, but I'm sure the staff is just as nice.

13 minutes ago, NickelChip said:

Same with me. The only time I've been under anesthesia was for my wisdom teeth when I was a teen. But the hospital where I will have this surgery is the same as where I had both my kids. The sad thing is, they have really good food. A weird thing to say about a hospital, but it's true! The in-room food is delicious and even the cafeteria was nice enough I would have lunch there after appointments. I remember being really impressed with the meals when I was in the maternity ward. The nurses were so sweet. They even put an order in for me from a local ice cream place because they were all getting some delivered for after their shifts. They saved it in the freezer for me until I was allowed to eat after my epidural wore off. (I was in labor a really long time and that was the best ice cream I have ever had). Sadly, this time will be a bit different when it comes to the food experience, but I'm sure the staff is just as nice.

I def feel the same. Food wasn't too bad for me. I wish mine went out of the way for ice cream...that's awesome!! Mine were nice too so I am hoping the floor I have the surgery on is nice as well.

I have my date for December 18th. I am having the Lap-Band. I was surprised that I was able to get everything done in a short 3 month span. Anyone else doing the Band?

Hello Everyone! I am also new to the community. I am having a gastric sleeve on 12/27.

I have been investigating the sleeve for many years, but the timing is finally right. I had my first appointment with my surgeon in the beginning of August and got the go ahead two weeks ago. I've been reasearching, prepping, and planning my butt off! 😊

Looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you!

Hey!!! Another December 27th person. I think we have more than 3 now!! I have been going through all the stuff my doctors and nutritionist gave me. Organized my meal plans by weeks and just finished ordering the list of stuff they suggested. I already had most of it from previous diets.

hopefully one of the other people will post too. They have made some plans for family for the first few weeks to make things easier. They have some great ideas too.