Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! Im 26 days out & not due for my 1st fill until Jan 9th. Im hungry!!! Not all the time, just at Breakfast, lunch & dinner. HaHa But when i do eat, i find i can eat almost like i did before surgery. And i have to admit, i snuck some nono food also (chocolate). Anyone else without fill feel the same?? :hungry:

yes i do.....;) I cannot wait till my fill. I am scheduled Jan 22/08. This has been tough with the hunger, a choc snack here, a cookie there. Damn the holiday baking betty crockers!!!!lol

So far i have gained 4 lbs since 11/11/07

I will need to refocus on the bigger picture.

good luck

Debbie

Thanks.. i feel your pain.. haha I have not weighed myself because i dont want to get too upset with myself. Back to the drawing board in the morning.. good luck to you to & Happy Holidays

I feel for you. I am six weeks post op and I just starting to feel more hungry since surgery. I know that it is time for a fill but I am not scheduled until 1/3/08. I can't wait and hopefully it will help even just a little. I know it is hard because I am having to diet through this phase until I am at restriction but it is worth it and I am still losing very consistently.

Hang in their guys and don't beat yourselves up. Just jump back on the wagon as soon as you fall off. Remember this is a lifestyle change and forever so you bound to not make great choices all the time. It is how you handle it.

Keep your chins up!

I'm scared to eat too much "normal" food because one time I did have 3 regular meals and I wanted to keep eating!! For the time being, I've been replacing 2 of my meals per day...protein shake or bar. Yes, I'm starving!!

When I do have my one regular meal, I can eat a cup or more depending on what it is. I do have a teensy bit of restriction because when I do fill up on at least a cup of food, I'm generally full for 2 hours or a bit more.

I'm hoping my first fill can help cut down on my ability to eat more than a cup of food! And that it can help me feel full longer. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones. Who knows? I go in for my first fill today.

I, too have been hungry and found that I can eat just about anything & as much as pre-surgery. I believe someone called this phase "Bandster Hell". You've done the hard part, but you're not feeling the benefit yet!

Steph_CN - I too am getting my first fill today. Let me know how it goes, ok?

For those who have to wait until Jan for their first fill - Hang in there. Remember, you've made a life change. It will come - Think of it as a New Years present (getting your fill!)

Take care folks,

Judy

Oh how I can relate. I fell off the wagon big time for a good 3 weeks and I could eat a LOT more than a cup of food. I had my first fill on monday and I notice a big difference (thank god). I get punished more for eating too much and/or too fast which is exactly what I needed to get the scale moving again. I can still overeat if I want to but I feel like crap afterwards (that overly stuffed, regret what you did feeling). Thats my next learning curve: not eating until I'm stuffed and feel miserable.

Hello All, I have not been on for a long time... but I logged on just now to see what you all are saying about the HUNGER! I had good restriction/weight loss for about 3 weeks, then plateaued for the 4th week... and I've gained back ~ 1.5# the 5th week... Its my goal to just maintain where I'm at through Christmas. I got my band on 11/14 and will get my 1st fill on 1/3. I'm a little worried to see my family at Christmas because I'm sure they are expecting to see results from when they saw me at Thanksgiving... and there isn't really any major change since then. So I can relate to the term "bandster hell". Oh, but if you all haven't read "Fighting Weight" by Khaliah Ali, I highly recommend it. Its an honest description of her weight issues, self esteem, etc. And she describes the period of time between week 4-6 after having the band placed and the hunger she experienced. Since she eventually went from 325 to 170, it put my mind at ease! If she can do it, I can too, I just need to be patient. I am so excited for the 1st fill, and then Spring and Summer, when the real LOSING will begin in earnest!!!!

Hello All, I have not been on for a long time... but I logged on just now to see what you all are saying about the HUNGER! I had good restriction/weight loss for about 3 weeks, then plateaued for the 4th week... and I've gained back ~ 1.5# the 5th week... Its my goal to just maintain where I'm at through Christmas. I got my band on 11/14 and will get my 1st fill on 1/3. I'm a little worried to see my family at Christmas because I'm sure they are expecting to see results from when they saw me at Thanksgiving... and there isn't really any major change since then. So I can relate to the term "bandster hell". Oh, but if you all haven't read "Fighting Weight" by Khaliah Ali, I highly recommend it. Its an honest description of her weight issues, self esteem, etc. And she describes the period of time between week 4-6 after having the band placed and the hunger she experienced. Since she eventually went from 325 to 170, it put my mind at ease! If she can do it, I can too, I just need to be patient. I am so excited for the 1st fill, and then Spring and Summer, when the real LOSING will begin in earnest!!!!

I think I'd send an email out to everyone in advance -- or at least a few key people in the family -- and level with them about the stage you're in. You can often get people on your side if you just ask for their help. I don't see how it could hurt and it might take the pressure off of everyone.

I'm glad you're back and good luck and happy holidays!

Lightenup - I chose to really explain the band process well to anyone I told. I explained that the band is a tool and that until I reach restriction I won't see as drastic a weight loss. I also explained that we are supposed to lose the weight slow (1-2lbs per week). Some people have noticed my weight loss which is nice but I'm trying to ensure that I won't feel pressure from those around me. I'm hard enough on myself. So far this technique has really worked well for me. No one has even asked me how much weight I've lost. They care more about how I am recovering.

My family are already watching what I do and at times it's a pain. One of my sisters keeps reminding me to slow down when I'm eating but rather than be happy about it I tell her to mind her own business (not nice) but I can't help myself. I guess I already know what I'm doing wrong and being reminded about it makes me feel worse.

Exercise is definitely the key during bandsters hell because it will help us maintain if we are unable to eat the smaller portions. I had a binge day yesterday, so I'm going to work on it today... may even have fluids for the day.

Laurie,

I am new on here, and yes I am having the same problem including sneaking some chocolate. I am due for my first fill on the 31st and I am thinking it is going to make quite the difference. Personally, I think the swelling just went down quicker for me. However, even though I am able to eat the same amount and I do get hungry, I find there are foods I can no longer eat--they just don't sit well!!

oh thank goodness for this page, I have family members giving me the evil eye if i eat, and I can eat any thing any time almost any amount my surgery was 11/30 and my first fill is 1/9 after a hawaii vacation I had lost 15 in the first week, lots of Water I think, and have slowly put in 5 of those pounds, I am a good exerciser even though I am not up to a level of pre surgery yet, I think i am going to have a port issue, but that area got infected and is not just starting to feel better.. I am so hopefull that the fill will get me back to the right amounts and that January start button will be my salvation!

I was getting the same looks from my family yesterday. They know I have very little restriction at the moment but that doesn't stop the comments. My brother and one of my nephews are two of the biggest stirrers around... making fun of me all Christmas morning. They kept saying things about me busting my band... my brother even went as far as showing how by blowing up a plastic bag and popping it... such a loving brother. You have to laugh at them but sometimes it's hard. My brother is considering getting the band done as well so I can't wait to give him some back when the time comes. Did I mention we are a mad family?? ;):D :D

Yesterday and the day before were just horrible!! I ate a little bit of everything on christmas eve with the inlaws.. i was ok with that..but then the leftovers they insisted on sending home did me in. Then yesterday we had dinner with my family. I left a little bit early because i felt to bad. I felt like i needed to throw up (but didnt). I got that full sensation but kept on eating until i couldnt take it anymore. Today im going to do just liquids and back to small amounts tomorrow. Can the pouch be stretched out before the 1st fill???? Thats what has me worried.:paranoid