Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am I doing wrong?

On 4/18/2023 at 5:02 PM, heatherdbby said:

in case anyone wondered my body is still doing crazy things.

I have been yo-yoing between 185-188 since march 20th now. Its like the stall that will never end

I had a stall that lasted 2 months, I finally went with the one thing I avoided, carb loaded for 2 days then back to my strict diet. I also added a little more weight training. It did the trick. I broke the stall and got back on track.

On 4/24/2023 at 11:49 AM, SuziDavis said:

I had a stall that lasted 2 months, I finally went with the one thing I avoided, carb loaded for 2 days then back to my strict diet. I also added a little more weight training. It did the trick. I broke the stall and got back on track.

Ill def keep the carb loading in mind!

On 4/23/2023 at 7:38 AM, FireWife81 said:

Just have faith. I have lost approximately 80 pounds (includes pre-surgery loss). My surgery was Oct 3 2022. I get slightly frustrated if I look at the scale too closely. I rely on measurements and how my clothes fit. As well as pictures. Knowing I've lost, I'm still amazed when I look at side by side pictures. I've been stuck between 164-166 since the beginning of April. But if I look at my weekly average, my total loss has stayed at an average of 1.5 pounds per week. Remember the recommend loss for standard weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. The first stall I had was 3 weeks long then I loose for about 4 weeks before my next stall. Each stall lasts between 3 to 5 weeks for me each time. Then again, I don't have regular bowl movements (never have). Usually, my stall ends after a movement. LOL. Just keep your head up and stay strong. You are doing great. The closer we get to our goal the tougher it will be.

And youre down to 165??? I am very torn between being super excited for you and very bummed for myself.

I also had surgery october 3rd of 2022.

When I met my surgeon in May last year I was 282, surgery day was 256, and im still mid 180s.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, heatherdbby said:

And youre down to 165??? I am very torn between being super excited for you and very bummed for myself.

I also had surgery october 3rd of 2022.

When I met my surgeon in May last year I was 282, surgery day was 256, and im still mid 180s.

Have faith.... you started heavier than me. Don't give up. I also walk everyday, no less than 3 miles but sometimes closer to 6. Everyday no matter the weather.

On 12/01/2022 at 10:49, heatherdbby said:

Let me start by saying I know stalls are normal. I know it won't drop off over night. I know this is a process, and I must trust it.

But I can't help thinking that I might be doing something wrong here??

I am 7-8 weeks post op, and since my three week stall 😞 I will lose half a pound, then stay that weight for a week or longer, then loose half a pound, then stay that weight.

This has been happening for over a month, and it is so frustrating! I haven't seen anyone else have something similar to this happen.

The only thing on my plan that I haven't completely 100% followed is working out consistently. I walk as much as I can, daily, but haven't gotten to really do weights or anything because I have no idea what I am doing in the gym (meeting with a free consultation to get a better grip on what they have and what is what at the gym tonight)

Could not weight lifting really cause this though?

Same thing has happened to me

On 5/17/2023 at 9:46 AM, FireWife81 said:

Have faith.... you started heavier than me. Don't give up. I also walk everyday, no less than 3 miles but sometimes closer to 6. Everyday no matter the weather.

ive got to figure out this transitional lightheadness stuff so i can get walking

Let me start by saying I know stalls are normal. I know it won't drop off over night. I know this is a process, and I must trust it.
But I can't help thinking that I might be doing something wrong here??
I am 7-8 weeks post op, and since my three week stall [emoji20] I will lose half a pound, then stay that weight for a week or longer, then loose half a pound, then stay that weight.
This has been happening for over a month, and it is so frustrating! I haven't seen anyone else have something similar to this happen.

The only thing on my plan that I haven't completely 100% followed is working out consistently. I walk as much as I can, daily, but haven't gotten to really do weights or anything because I have no idea what I am doing in the gym (meeting with a free consultation to get a better grip on what they have and what is what at the gym tonight)

Could not weight lifting really cause this though?

I'm same
I'm 10wks out and stalled at 3 stone for weeks. Just won't budge. Back to dietician June 11tb so she might throw an answer at me.

Sent from my SM-A515F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/18/2023 at 8:47 AM, heatherdbby said:

ive got to figure out this transitional lightheadness stuff so i can get walking

I still deal with some light headness. I do my best to go very slow when it happens.

On 5/22/2023 at 5:33 PM, Happy with two said:

I'm same
I'm 10wks out and stalled at 3 stone for weeks. Just won't budge. Back to dietician June 11tb so she might throw an answer at me.

Sent from my SM-A515F using BariatricPal mobile app

let us know what they say!