Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for my December 2022 Surgery Twin

32 minutes ago, Kimpossible00 said:

I don't know if you saw my message, but I'm on the east side of WA State and having mine in Seattle. Three more days! We can do this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

I saw your message and responded, check your messages :) 😃 Your family live in my neck of the woods! I look forward to corresponding with you. Small small world. Lol

3 more days!!!!! So dang excited.

I saw your message and responded, check your messages [emoji4] [emoji2] Your family live in my neck of the woods! I look forward to corresponding with you. Small small world. Lol
3 more days!!!!! So dang excited.
Oh, nuts. I didn't get your message but I've had a difficult time with my accounts between the app and the website. Is there any way you can message it to me again? I can send you a test message to see if it comes through.

Dec 5th was a few weeks ahead of me. I had a bypass on Dec 28th and I am curious how you all that had the surgery before me are doing? I am just now starting the phase 3 diet which is nice because I was getting really tired of Soup and Protein Shakes. I sincerely hope that you all who went before me are getting exactly what you wanted out of your surgery. I am so looking forward to being healthy again. I played sports my entire life and lifted weights heavily in high school and college, I pray that there is some muscle memory there. It is still too early for me to start working out (other than walking) but I am so motivated to get in shape that I am counting the days until I can actually start to work out and lift and do sit ups etc..

What are some good meals that you have found that satisfy your cravings and fill you up? Any advice from you all who were a few weeks ahead of me would be appreciated.

Good Luck all!

45 minutes ago, CHK said:

Dec 5th was a few weeks ahead of me. I had a bypass on Dec 28th and I am curious how you all that had the surgery before me are doing? I am just now starting the phase 3 diet which is nice because I was getting really tired of Soup and Protein Shakes. I sincerely hope that you all who went before me are getting exactly what you wanted out of your surgery. I am so looking forward to being healthy again. I played sports my entire life and lifted weights heavily in high school and college, I pray that there is some muscle memory there. It is still too early for me to start working out (other than walking) but I am so motivated to get in shape that I am counting the days until I can actually start to work out and lift and do sit ups etc..
What are some good meals that you have found that satisfy your cravings and fill you up? Any advice from you all who were a few weeks ahead of me would be appreciated.
Good Luck all!

CHK, I had bypass the day after you and get to start Phase 3: purees on Thursday. I plan to make a lot of the soft food recipes without some of the chopped vegetables from the Baritastic app and puree them: Ricotta bake, Cottage cheese bake, cauliflower puree, and the tender turkey meatloaf.

I also am going to really blend down chicken salad, turkey chili, taco seasoned ground turkey w/ guacamole, and regular ground turkey or low-fat ground beef with low carb/sugar marinara (I like the Pomi brand). I also plan to make thinned down mashed potatoes & sweet potatoes.

I have a whole lineup. I'm sick of liquids, too, between the 2-week pre-op liver shrinking diet & the 2-week post-op clear liquid and full liquid phases.

I'm also a seasoned weight lifter but tend to do more modified CrossFit/cardio strength conditioning workouts. Once, I'm cleared, I will transition to body weight calisthenics workouts. I have been a little more active each day and noticed that my stomach (and?) have been pretty sore yesterday and today from keeping my core tight or being a little too active.

Edited by Kimpossible00

4 hours ago, olivialittle55 said:

Why would you have to do the surgery again?

My surgery was in December, and at that time, I wasn't very anxious. However, now it seems like I may need to have it done again, and that worries me

On 1/10/2023 at 9:09 PM, CHK said:

Dec 5th was a few weeks ahead of me. I had a bypass on Dec 28th and I am curious how you all that had the surgery before me are doing? I am just now starting the phase 3 diet which is nice because I was getting really tired of Soup and Protein Shakes. I sincerely hope that you all who went before me are getting exactly what you wanted out of your surgery. I am so looking forward to being healthy again. I played sports my entire life and lifted weights heavily in high school and college, I pray that there is some muscle memory there. I think it's possible, and my muscles might come to the rescue, as I devoted a lot of time to sports, even though sometimes it was detrimental to my studies. Back then, I used a writing service like https://edubirdie.com/ to successfully manage my academics. Later on, I drifted away from sports when I started working. I didn't notice how I was gaining weight and how my health was deteriorating. When I felt the pain, I realized that I needed to make a change. It is still too early for me to start working out (other than walking) but I am so motivated to get in shape that I am counting the days until I can actually start to work out and lift and do sit ups etc..

Good Luck all!

I also had a bypass surgery a few weeks ago, and it started with Soups and Protein Shakes. I understand your desire to get back to an active life, especially if you were into sports. I'm also looking forward to when I can resume physical activity.

As for satisfying and filling meals, I've found that braised vegetables with chicken breast and quinoa can be a tasty and healthy choice. Additionally, fruits, low-fat yogurts, and vegetable omelets are good for variety. The key is to watch portion sizes and follow your doctor's recommendations.

Edited by SalvoStrike

On 10/16/2023 at 11:50 PM, rainesmith5 said:

Why would you have to do the surgery again?

My weight has started to increase again, and I'm not yet sure what's going to happen next. Right now, I'm undergoing medical tests.