Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When can I eat pizza toppings or cauliflower pizza again?

16 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Yea maybe I need to just make my own. So far it hasn’t made me sick but it was quite a bit of fat for one meal.

Walmart has store brand thin crust Pizza Crust. I love it, I make homemade pizza with it and the toppings are endless. I can eat a serving and the calories aren't too bad for the crust alone and if I remember correctly has 9g Protein by itself!

It was actually my first go at "real" pizza.

1 hour ago, kcuster83 said:

Walmart has store brand thin crust Pizza Crust. I love it, I make homemade pizza with it and the toppings are endless. I can eat a serving and the calories aren't too bad for the crust alone and if I remember correctly has 9g Protein by itself!

It was actually my first go at "real" pizza.

What section do you find this in?

55 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

What section do you find this in?

It is with the pizza sauce, I think in the spaghetti/tomato sauce section

3 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

It is with the pizza sauce, I think in the spaghetti/tomato sauce section

Hummmm. I’ll have to try it and see if my hubby likes it too. Otherwise I would be wasting a lot cause it’s just the two of us. With the cauliflower crust it’s frozen so I can cut one slice while it’s still frozen and cook just that portion. He likes thin crust though, so hopefully he will like it.

5 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Hummmm. I’ll have to try it and see if my hubby likes it too. Otherwise I would be wasting a lot cause it’s just the two of us. With the cauliflower crust it’s frozen so I can cut one slice while it’s still frozen and cook just that portion. He likes thin crust though, so hopefully he will like it.

Everyone else I have fed it to liked it. haha

But yea, it is a 12in pizza so there will be a lot left unless you share it. haha

I usually take it for lunch the next day too.

15 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

Everyone else I have fed it to liked it. haha

But yea, it is a 12in pizza so there will be a lot left unless you share it. haha

I usually take it for lunch the next day too.

I looked online and can only find the original at my store but I can check the others. Even the thicker one is 150 calories/ 25g carbs per serving. That’s not too bad. I had to convert the calories for the other one cause it’s a smaller serving but it’s 127.5 calories and more carbs (I didn’t calculate) and way less Protein for the same slice. And the real one has less fat too. Wow. You were right that cauliflower stuff really isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. At least not that brand. I am so glad you pointed that out to me. I mean the cauliflower crust is not bad but it’s not the real deal. I’d much rather have that in moderation. Especially now that I know it’s really better for me.

Edited by ShoppGirl

9 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I looked online and can only find the original at my store but I can check the others. Even the thicker one is 150 calories/ 25g carbs per serving. That’s not too bad. I had to convert the calories for the other one cause it’s a smaller serving but it’s 127.5 calories and more carbs (I didn’t calculate) and way less Protein for the same slice. And the real one has less fat too. Wow. You were right that cauliflower stuff really isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. At least not that brand. I am so glad you pointed that out to me. I mean the cauliflower crust is not bad but it’s not the real deal. I’d much rather have that in moderation. Especially now that I know it’s really better for me.

I think you have the right thing, it says original large but under it smaller says thin crust. image.png.1e838587ce4c6db79e39bd36d19d3067.png

1 minute ago, kcuster83 said:

I think you have the right thing, it says original large but under it smaller says thin crust. image.png.1e838587ce4c6db79e39bd36d19d3067.png

Oh yea. I didn’t see that. Ooh cool I’m adding it to my cart right now. Game day pizza. Yumm.

10 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Oh yea. I didn’t see that. Ooh cool I’m adding it to my cart right now. Game day pizza. Yumm.

The only thing I hate is that it only comes in 2 packs. I tend to waste the second crust because it gets moldy before I eat it.

I might freeze it next time and test it out.

Just now, kcuster83 said:

The only thing I hate is that it only comes in 2 packs. I tend to waste the second crust because it gets moldy before I eat it.

I might freeze it next time and test it out.

Let us know how it goes. I think the trick will be figuring out how to cook it. Do you cook it from frozen or let it thaw? And what time and temp if it’s frozen. May be better to just waste it??

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

Let us know how it goes. I think the trick will be figuring out how to cook it. Do you cook it from frozen or let it thaw? And what time and temp if it’s frozen. May be better to just waste it??

All good points. haha

Maybe I could actually prepare the entire pizza with toppings and then cook it as a frozen pizza that you buy from the store.

Just now, kcuster83 said:

All good points. haha

Maybe I could actually prepare the entire pizza with toppings and then cook it as a frozen pizza that you buy from the store.

Aha. That could work. And it would be an even quicker dinner prep. I guess you don’t have much to lose by trying since it’s garbage otherwise.

3 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Aha. That could work. And it would be an even quicker dinner prep. I guess you don’t have much to lose by trying since it’s garbage otherwise.

Agreed, that's my theory on all foods.

If it is going to end up in the trash anyway then it doesn't hurt to try and freeze it. So I will freeze anything to try out. Sometimes we get some winners. haha

On 10/27/2022 at 09:35, kcuster83 said:

I am not a fan of the cauliflower pizza. If you actually compare it to regular pizza, i don't see the point.

I have not even tried it honestly, but it more about the comparison for me. it just never seemed "worth it" if that makes sense.

About the same or more calories and fat... the carbs aren't really much less either. I don't really get it. haha

Very true. I agree w you. I think the boxes are deceiving-some just have that ingredient in it. Mixed w flour etc. Some are NOT all cauliflower crust as they claim.
really have to read the labels.
I’ve found that if I get my own pizza dough-roll it out really thin and make it that way. It turns out to be just as good and prob better cal/fat wise. Although I haven’t done the calculations. I’m not a big pizza eater so I rarely eat it to begin with. But when I do that is my pref to make it myself. I control the thickness of the crust, the sauce, the toppings