Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2022 surgery support!

Hello all,

had Gastric Bypass on 11/14 and so far it has been way easier and less painful than expected. The only thing is I put on 10 pounds over night from when I was weighed before surgery and when I got home the next day. I’m SLOWLY losing that Water weight… but still 4 pounds higher than when I went in.

but I’m walking, drinking well, getting tired of Protein shakes… would kill for some grilled salmon or even cottage cheese! fortunately, my appetite is under control so when my son eats his meals, I’m not (too) jealous!

Hi!
officially post op day 4, I had a rough go of it in the beginning, the day after surgery I wasn’t able to hold anything down, vomitted twice which they say is normal, the next day was much better, pain went down and was able to hold everything down, but didn’t meet the required amount of ounces to drink to go home, so had to stay another day but was able to reach that goal and officially home, thank god! But still get nauseous alittle bit here and there, gonna start drinking the Protein Shakes, I wanna find out when I can start eating sugar free popsicles because they said the cold can cause spasms so not to start too early, anyone have any info on that?

i had popsicles either my first or second day post op but i didn’t have issues with them but they melt and warm in your mouth a little some so not as cold as ice Water

11/3 surgery

hitting the expected stall a little early… been same weight since friday- but it’s all good! that to me means healing at this stage and after what i have been through healing is great…

i am feeling good, just a little achy and my stamina is starting to improve … still have some issues with enough liquids, but reaching over 50 oz so not far to go… so far experimenting with purée has gone well… i full easy but my body hasn’t rejected food yet!

continuing to get hiccups and burps if i drink or eat too quickly … gotta listen to that !

Had my sleeve the 8th I feel great except when I do much physical exertion my heart feels like it’s racing (not like how it feels after exercise) anyone else experience this? I am so glad I did this procedure.

Got a call from my doctor today that for TOMORROW I might have to get the bypass instead of sleeve… due to some intestinal metaplasia, and small piece of esophagus showing it’s a bit irritated… he’s going to scope again before procedure to determine…. I’m a tad bit freaking out now… anyone here recently get bypass? How are you feeling?

25 minutes ago, Makingmoves said:

Had my sleeve the 8th I feel great except when I do much physical exertion my heart feels like it’s racing (not like how it feels after exercise) anyone else experience this? I am so glad I did this procedure.

I have this same feeling!!! I am winded and have to catch my breath. Surgery was 11/15. I think our bodies are just catching up to all of these huge changes. The digestive system is pretty much the control center of the body.

Surgery day! Heading to the hospital, have to be there at 830, procedure at 1 or earlier. The hotel I'm at its 3min away so I will get there early, since I'm up lol. I'm still feeling good, I think I may be one of those that get a panic attack there lol

I added my toiletries because I remembered I cannot have deodorant or lotion on, deff need that later.

Took a sip of Water with my BP medicine, but man am I thirsty, had the 2nd ensure drink last night and that is pure carbs.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

This is my first post!

I was sleeved 11/11 and just started the puree stage (my program calls it "smooth textures") on Sunday - yesterday was the first day I managed to hit both my Protein and fluid goals, which was really exciting. I managed to eat 4oz of refried Beans and hot sauce in the morning, but in the evening could only finish half of the ricotta and egg white scramble I made, so the rest was made up via Protein Shakes.

I'm so happy to be able to add some savory foods back to my diet - I don't have the biggest sweet tooth and I was getting so sick of the taste of protein shakes last week. Right now fluids are still giving me the most trouble, but I've been having better luck using the Owala water bottle with the built-in straw and it hasn't been giving me trouble with extra air. I don't know if it's because I don't swallow as I'm drinking, I still hold all the Fluid in my mouth for a second because I'm afraid of taking too big of a drink no matter how I'm drinking it, but I'm glad I can still use my favorite Water bottle so far.

Had surgery the 22nd, start full liquids today. Have been doing good with the Water sip all night too, will concentrate mainly on clear fluids before moving to yogurt and other fluids

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Had bypass the 22nd. … yesterday was the worst of it didn’t want to drink anything only sleep. Today not feeling pain or nausea. Really paying attention to my liquids and intake to get my Fluid goal. Hiccups woke me up the middle of the night. Adding ice to my Protein Shakes to Water down since they are to thick.

Hey y’all, this is my first post. I had the sleeve on 11/21 & it’s been bumpy. Surgical pain was really bad, which surprised me. I didn’t expect to be pain free but I certainly wasn’t expecting what I got! I ended up needing 2 units of blood & a cardiac consult before I left bc my pulse was so high. They decided it was due to low h & h and uncontrolled pain. They have pumped me completely FULL of IVF. I came home 14 lbs heavier than I went in! I’m 5 days post op & have just now reached my surgery weight. My big issue is that I’m hungry. Stomach growling & roiling churning hungry. So weird. I was not expecting this at all. For full disclosure purposes, I cheated pretty badly on my preop clears. Like BADLY. Do you think I ruined it? That I will never lose my hunger, or just that my hormones need to level out? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!