Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2022 surgery support!

My surgery is scheduled on Nov 10th - Very excited!!

Officially starting preop diet tomorrow, even though I get to have a meal still freaking out. Waiting for my clearance letter to be provided to the surgeon but according to Doc all is good, but until he has it in his hand I do not trust that.

I booked my flight since I do not see much changing and its really cheap so I do not mind if anything does. I'm getting anxious and a little stressed to be honest, too much going on outside of this and I feel in the middle of a tornado, but I trust everything is going to go the way that is supposed to.

Will book hotel but can't decide if I want the option to be refundable or not, it's on Thanksgiving week so I'm thinking prices may or may not increase.

Hey girl! Scheduled for November 15! Super close to you! Very excited and nervous at the same time. Then again this is a start to a new life and I get so happy at thinking of how life will be after

Day 3 of preop diet. Going better than yesterday, I was sick already of the sweetness of the shakes. Today I changed it up with the brands and flavors so it has been okay.

I do get to have some chicken/tuna and veggies, so that is my saving grace for the day, but this is hard lol.

Will try the broth and other options when I feel like I can't take anymore sweeteners, thankfully the implications of not doing it correctly keep me in check.

8 hours ago, NP_WIP said:

Day 3 of preop diet. Going better than yesterday, I was sick already of the sweetness of the shakes. Today I changed it up with the brands and flavors so it has been okay.

I do get to have some chicken/tuna and veggies, so that is my saving grace for the day, but this is hard lol.

Will try the broth and other options when I feel like I can't take anymore sweeteners, thankfully the implications of not doing it correctly keep me in check.

I get so jealous of those that were able to have some food pre-op. My surgeon had me on a strict clear liquid diet with absolutely nothing to eat. I am so looking forward to day 1 of week 3 post-op where I can some dang mashed potatoes down the hatch :lol:

On 11/8/2022 at 9:00 PM, dejakrohn said:

Hey girl! Scheduled for November 15! Super close to you! Very excited and nervous at the same time. Then again this is a start to a new life and I get so happy at thinking of how life will be after

I just had mine 11/2 and so far so good. I was excited and very nervous as well, almost to the point of canceling in the pre-op room....lol I'm very happy I went forward though.

Best of luck to you in your journey!!

I’m scheduled for November 15th so nervous it’s my first surgery I ever had in life.

On 11/1/2022 at 7:53 AM, Dandieland said:

11/28 and super nervous!

We are scheduled for the same day! I thought I was the only one that far out in the month. I started getting all my protiens shakes, Jello, and popsicles today so I can start the preop on Monday 11-14. It is starting to get real now and I am a little nervous but not really bad as of yet.

I am now 4 days post op. The pain was originally my stomach itself, by yesterday i stopped feeling that pain and my larger incision...actually about 2 inches away from my larger incision has started hurting like crazy. I do find the sweetness of my Protein Shakes difficult but tolerate Soups and broth really well. Constantly sipping at my Water and nowhere near meeting that goal yet.

Sent from my SM-F916U using BariatricPal mobile app

8th day of preop diet, it has become easier. I had my husband's birthday party and I cooked everything without tasting it lol.

Only negative thing was having some steak instead of my lean Protein, but otherwise following it to the T.

Getting excited! 7 more days until sx date.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 13 post op… after resolving the infection and er adventure, I am now feeling great… my stamina is low but when I have energy movement is easier than pre surgery already!

on full liquids till Friday .. it really hasn’t bothered me much being on liquids.. I currently have no desire to eat or drink (which is weird because I drank Water all day long before). So I am constantly reminding myself to drink and stay hydrated …. Only found one thing so far that feels weird in my stomach… I got some Panera bread brand lobster bisque as a treat and after an ounce or two I am full and it sits heavy … think I will add ounce of milk to ounce of Soup next time…

Wounds are healing.. no longer have to bandage the big incision because infection is drying up… give myself a little more healing time and I will be ready to go places!

Edited by KimA-GA

1 hour ago, KimA-GA said:

Day 13 post op… after resolving the infection and er adventure, I am now feeling great… my stamina is low but when I have energy movement is easier than pre surgery already!

on full liquids till Friday .. it really hasn’t bothered me much being on liquids.. I currently have no desire to eat or drink (which is weird because I drank Water all day long before). So I am constantly reminding myself to drink and stay hydrated …. Only found one thing so far that feels weird in my stomach… I got some Panera bread brand lobster bisque as a treat and after an ounce or two I am full and it sits heavy … think I will add ounce of milk to ounce of Soup next time…

Wounds are healing.. no longer have to bandage the big incision because infection is drying up… give myself a little more healing time and I will be ready to go places!

I also tried the Panera Lonster Bisque and found it dId not sit well with my stomach.

Over all though, i struggle getting all my fluids still. The random muscle near my main incision hurts a lot less than it did a few days ago. I am super itchy from healing. I weighed myself at 264, which is 19 lbs less than my starting weight but only 3 lbs less than my presurgery weight.

Edited by Fellbunny