Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1-week post op; feeling all over the place

I agree about adding some milk to thin out the shakes. I do that. I also add a pinch of salt sometimes. I can do about 4 oz of Protein Drink at a time.

I also have a good broth that I generally have for "lunch" and "dinner" and I put a non-flavored Protein in the dinner one, so that helps me a lot.

I'm just dipping my toes in puree, so I'm not really eating enough of that where it is worth putting protein in it - there's just not enough food. So, for now, I'm stuck with the shakes, clear protein, and broth. There are a ton of unflavored Proteins out there, though, that maybe you could put in a warm drink?

I am supposed to do 2 multis a day and I do 1 chewable and 1 capsule. I tried taking apart the capsule and it was worse than the chewable!

I had my surgery same day as you.

I add Protein Powder to my shakes (55 grams protein) with a little Water and just started adding a 1/4 of a banana - (for a different flavor). Then put it in my ninja mixer.

I drink clear Premier Protein (20 grams protein) or Isopure, Infusions 100% whey Protein Isolate, Mixed berry, (20 grams)

I tried to add protein to my Soup but it was soooo gross. Maybe I purchased the wrong type of protein.

Good luck to you!

Scared but excited.

Thank you everyone. I've decided to take the fusion Bariatric Multivitamin chew, they taste way better and are easy to get down. I've also found the Fairlife 30 grams Protein Shakes that taste way better than Premier. I've been able to drink those down as well. I'm happy now and feel as if I am doing a good job.

Have you tried the vitamin patches? I did those for a month, PatchAid brand. I personally found a chewable I like off this website but the patch was super easy until I found what I wanted.

I agree about adding some milk to thin out the shakes. I do that. I also add a pinch of salt sometimes. I can do about 4 oz of Protein Drink at a time.
I also have a good broth that I generally have for "lunch" and "dinner" and I put a non-flavored Protein in the dinner one, so that helps me a lot.
I'm just dipping my toes in puree, so I'm not really eating enough of that where it is worth putting protein in it - there's just not enough food. So, for now, I'm stuck with the shakes, clear protein, and broth. There are a ton of unflavored Proteins out there, though, that maybe you could put in a warm drink?
I am supposed to do 2 multis a day and I do 1 chewable and 1 capsule. I tried taking apart the capsule and it was worse than the chewable!

With stage three are you counting clear Protein Drinks as fluids, for Fluid intake? I was told protein supliments don't count as fluid anymore and I am finding that getting my fluids in is super hard without my Isopure made with Water and the clear drinks.< br>
Scared but excited.

22 hours ago, MyDogsLoveMe said:

With stage three are you counting clear Protein Drinks as fluids, for Fluid intake? I was told Protein supliments don't count as Fluid anymore and I am finding that getting my fluids in is super hard without my Isopure made with Water and the clear drinks.< br>
Scared but excited.

I'm just a little over 2 weeks post-op. But I do believe those count, regardless of length out for my program. I can check if you'd like me to. Eventually the protein shakes no longer count, but the liquids do.

I'm just a little over 2 weeks post-op. But I do believe those count, regardless of length out for my program. I can check if you'd like me to. Eventually the Protein shakes no longer count, but the liquids do.
I talked to a kaiser nurse and she said anything with protein in it doesn't count. Even if I mix the Isopure with 16 oz of Water, it doesn't count. I find that odd.

Scared but excited.

4 hours ago, MyDogsLoveMe said:

I talked to a kaiser nurse and she said anything with Protein in it doesn't count. Even if I mix the Isopure with 16 oz of Water, it doesn't count. I find that odd.

Scared but excited.

Well definitely do whatever your program tells you to do. It's crazy how they are all different! But also this protein Water is pretty darn new to the game, too.

My counting of the protein stuff definitely adds to my ability to hit all my fluids. But, as things heal up and time goes on, I hope to get back to drinking enough water to hydrate. At least I don't have to sip so much anymore, and can take more reasonable drinks. That helps, too, ha.

Well definitely do whatever your program tells you to do. It's crazy how they are all different! But also this Protein Water is pretty darn new to the game, too.
My counting of the protein stuff definitely adds to my ability to hit all my fluids. But, as things heal up and time goes on, I hope to get back to drinking enough Water to hydrate. At least I don't have to sip so much anymore, and can take more reasonable drinks. That helps, too, ha.
Just an update: just got done with my post op appointment with the surgeon and he says the clear protein water counts as liquids as does the Isopure and water. I've been doing my best to meet the requirements without using these in my liquids! I've been exceeding the requirements!

Scared but excited.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:39 PM, MyDogsLoveMe said:

Just an update: just got done with my post op appointment with the surgeon and he says the clear Protein Water counts as liquids as does the Isopure and water. I've been doing my best to meet the requirements without using these in my liquids! I've been exceeding the requirements!

Scared but excited.

It definitely helps make my liquid goals when I can count my protein drinks in. Otherwise I'd fail daily.

On 10/18/2022 at 1:33 PM, KRod6 said:

Hi all,

I am one week post op (Sleeved on 10/11/22). I am feeling like I cant get in the rythm of what is right for me.

Pros:

- Been getting all fluids down

- Have not had much pain, only where they pulled stomach out

-Been able to walk and move around

- Only had gas pain for 3 days

-Normal bowl movement

Cons:

- I don't like the taste of sweetness. So I am having a hard time getting my Protein in from shakes and Protein Water. Any recommendations for other sources of protein?

-I've been able to have some strained soup/ broth. But I am only able to take like 4 table spoons over an hour. How is it expected to get all protein in while trying to get water in as well through out the day?

- The Bariatric Advantage Multi Vitamins are terrible. I am not able to take them so I started taking 4 flinstone Vitamins a day. I know these are not good enough for a person who just had bariatric surgery. I am taking my gallstones pills, Calcium, Iron, and b-12 with no problem. Are there any other recommendations for Bariatric Multivitamins? Smaller or better tasting?

Any input is appreciated. I feel that protein and supplements are very important with the new change to my body.

Thanks guys!!!

I have success with chewable Vitamin. Progressive is the brand and 5he chewable is a citrus falouring. Look for them they work for me.

I got sleeved Oct 19 2022 . I absolutely can’t stand the chewable vitamins. I also have a hard time getting all my Protein in . I just bought unflavored Protein Powder . Hopefully that will help .

1 hour ago, Audette said:

I got sleeved Oct 19 2022 . I absolutely can’t stand the chewable vitamins. I also have a hard time getting all my Protein in . I just bought unflavored Protein Powder . Hopefully that will help .

These are citrus. They are not rock hard like some chewables are . I found them quite good. Easy to consume. Hope it helps.

PXL_20221108_025606110.jpg