Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone stopped losing?

PreSurgery i lost some, then after the surgery ive lost about 30 lbs. And now nothing. Yes, i look at what i eat, and Water intake. The scale hasnt moved in months. Not sure it might be because i was a lapband then went to bypass and my body is not letting go. Let me tell ya its frustrating.

prior lapband patient

band removal 11/18/21

sw 257

surgery date was 1/18/22 because of covid it was rescheduled to 2/1/22

revisions always seem to be slower than virgin surgeries. That said, you can always lose more weight by cutting calories....I mean if you're willing to do that (I know I could lose more by cutting them, but evidently I'm not willing to do that because here I sit....still 10-ish lbs heavier than what I want to be...)

I am 11 months post op and I seem to have stopped losing. I am still exercising and counting calories but nothing seems to move the weight lately. I lost about 113 pounds which is great but was hoping for just a bit more to get below a bmi of 25

Not everyone gets to a “normal” BMI. According to my team it’s not uncommom to settle into a new weight that is slightly obese according to BMI.

I had experienced a long stall this month (July), for the first time. I had lost 5 lbs in the first week or so of July but then the scale didn't budge for 3 weeks until today.

I have been on only liquids since Monday and it seems the stall has passed me. I am down 3 lbs this morning and will continue with the liquid until Friday.

When I resume eating, I will not be adding the processed Protein (Quest bars, shrewd food puffs), simple refined carbs (pretzels), or any of the junk food (french fries, samosa, etc.) that I had allowed to enter back into my life.

Game on.

Edited by LilaNicole20

54 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Not everyone gets to a “normal” BMI. According to my team it’s not uncommom to settle into a new weight that is slightly obese according to BMI.

^^^ agreed. My surgeon said that only about 10-15% of his patients make it to a normal BMI, and the research I've read seems to bear that out. Most successful people end up in the "overweight" or "class 1 obese" categories (which is like 30 lbs overweight - WAY better than being morbidly obese!!)

I lost 55 after surgery (238 on 3/21) and then I stalled at 4 months PO. I have not lost one single pound since 6/20.

It is frustrating 😩

I have been in the same weight of 175 for 2 weeks, this is the first time since surgery, maybe not long enough to complain but the issue is that I traveled last week and I put 12K to 15K steps per day in the last 9 days. I was expecting to came home and see at least one # down, instead this morning I am 176.

My restriction still works I can't eat too much at a time, but now I can feel real hunger, and it is hard to control how many times I eat during the day, I am worried because I am still far from my goal.

Edited by LaTiaV

^^^ agreed. My surgeon said that only about 10-15% of his patients make it to a normal BMI, and the research I've read seems to bear that out. Most successful people end up in the "overweight" or "class 1 obese" categories (which is like 30 lbs overweight - WAY better than being morbidly obese!!)
Yes exactly. I'm one of those people. I am technically still class 1 obese, although I sure don't feel it and I don't think I look it. I'm around 35 pounds overweight. It's far, far better than being in the highest class of obesity like I was before!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s likely not a stall because you’ve been plateaued for so long. Stalls usually last 1-3 weeks You may have reached your body’s set point. The weight at which your body is happiest &/or your consuming the calories your body needs to function at this weight.

I ate 1300 calories & maintained at 49kg for a good year. I eat 1400 calories now (because of additional protein) & maintain at 51kg. Like @catwoman7 said you could lose more if you reduced your calories (& upped your activity) but is a lower intake sustainable? Only you know that.

And remember not everyone reaches a healthy BMI. (BMI should be used as a guide not a rule anyway.) it’s got to be a weight that healthy for you & your life.

But, have a chat with your dietician & see what advice they can offer.

I lost 55 after surgery (238 on 3/21) and then I stalled at 4 months PO. I have not lost one single pound since 6/20.

It is frustrating [emoji30]
Hi. I agree, it is frustrating. Ive lost like 25 lbs....and now nothing.

prior lapband patient
band removal 11/18/21

sw 257
surgery date was 1/18/22 because of covid it was rescheduled to 2/1/22

Ooooou I probably should update :)

So after a 7 week , what I think was a stall. the scale finally started going down. I am down 8 more lbs in just 1 week and I’ve changed nothing . So exciting! I’m sure it’s Water weight but IDK why it held on for so long. Hang in there you guys. We got this !

On 7/27/2022 at 10:10 AM, vikki401 said:

I lost 55 after surgery (238 on 3/21) and then I stalled at four months PO. I have not lost one single pound since 6/20.

It is frustrating 😩

I'm in this situation now! I haven't lost any weight in three months, which is frustrating!