Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugly, boring, and weak



Recommended Posts

I finally did get fillers about 4 weeks ago. Found a cosmetic physician with almost 20yrs experience & had a long conversation about the concern with my allergy. I felt very confident with her so we went slowly - 1ml one week & a 2nd ml the next. She filled the two depressions in front of my ears which were almost void of fat. Happy with what she did. Very subtle. In fact no one has noticed except if I point it out which is what I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I finally did get fillers about 4 weeks ago. Found a cosmetic physician with almost 20yrs experience & had a long conversation about the concern with my allergy. I felt very confident with her so we went slowly - 1ml one week & a 2nd ml the next. She filled the two depressions in front of my ears which were almost void of fat. Happy with what she did. Very subtle. In fact no one has noticed except if I point it out which is what I wanted.

Its amazing how subtle in can be - where no one notices but it makes such a difference.

Has anyone tried micro needling on the lose skin particularly on the body? please share your thoughts and experience :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m having it on my face next week again by the cosmetic physician (supposed to be yesterday but doctor had to take unexpected leave). She’s using dermapen which is supposedly more advanced & a deeper treatment than the roller used in micro needling. Having it for my open pores & the acne scaring (had cystic acne). Friend had a series of micro needling treatments for loose skin on her face after her weight loss but she said it did nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️.

https://facemedstore.com/blogs/blog/dermapen-vs-derma-roller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 7:14 AM, Arabesque said:

I’m having it on my face next week again by the cosmetic physician (supposed to be yesterday but doctor had to take unexpected leave). She’s using dermapen which is supposedly more advanced & a deeper treatment than the roller used in micro needling. Having it for my open pores & the acne scaring (had cystic acne). Friend had a series of micro needling treatments for loose skin on her face after her weight loss but she said it did nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️.

https://facemedstore.com/blogs/blog/dermapen-vs-derma-roller

Thank you for sharing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2022 at 3:25 AM, Love&Light said:

Its amazing how subtle in can be - where no one notices but it makes such a difference.

Has anyone tried micro needling on the lose skin particularly on the body? please share your thoughts and experience :)

I tried a series of micro needling on my neck…didnt notice a difference. I next tried botox in that area and there was a subtle improvement. Too subtle for the cost though…not convinced its worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very late to the party but this struck a chord:

On 7/18/2022 at 2:31 AM, BigSue said:

I am afraid that if I take my eye off the prize, it is a terrifyingly fast road back to 300+ pounds. We've all seen people who have gone through this surgery only to gain back all the weight they lost, and I can't even handle the thought of that.

What if a good deal of these people gained weight back not because they stopped "watching it" but because they burned out "watching it"?

I don't know what number you're referring to when you say that "the weight starts to creep up". 1 kg? 2 kg? 5 kg? More? From what I can see you're at a BMI of 25.

At some point you might have to ask yourself if the (often) tremendous additional effort necessary to weigh maybe 3 or 4 kg less is really worth it. Life might be more relaxed when you accept a slightly higher weight. Especially when you weigh that against burnout.

Would I like to have some % BF less to get more muscle definition? Yes, I would. I like that look. However, I don't want to experience nagging anxiety over the question if I should eat that additional banana or not. I also don't want to have a near-panic attack when something gets in the way of my workout regiment.

I decided that's not worth it. You (or someone else) might decide differently though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2022 at 1:27 AM, BigSue said:

And at the same time, I don't like calling attention to what I'm NOT eating, so I'm always nervous and uncomfortable in situations where there's food because I'm afraid people are going to ask why I'm not eating it.

That's one of the problems when people don't know you had surgery. I know that many patients don't want to admit to WLS but it makes quite a few situation less stressful and/or awkward.

People don't bug me about what or how much I eat. When I have a "bad eating day" (feeling uncomfortably full on way less food than usually) someone might ask "Having a bad eating day?" and I'm just like "Yup". Or people simply don't comment, depends on the situation. I'm the weirdo vegan anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, summerset said:

At some point you might have to ask yourself if the (often) tremendous additional effort necessary to weigh maybe 3 or 4 kg less is really worth it. Life might be more relaxed when you accept a slightly higher weight.

+1

Last year I consciously upped my arbitrary “red-line” weight by a 5 measly pounds. Its made a difference: i find i don’t have to do “reign-ins” anymore when i start to approach it, because i just don’t with a higher number.

So thats just one less thing to worry about.

AND, in my opinion (which is really all that matters), i still look and feel fabulous lol.

Win-win.

P.S. but I totally get it, i went through a short period of panic/anxiety in the immediate months of maintenance. As time goes by, hopefully you’ll learn to trust yourself and accept things as they are, or change them if desired, and know when to do either (yeah, i ripped that off of some invocation, lol)

Good Luck! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 8:57 PM, ms.sss said:

I tried a series of micro needling on my neck…didnt notice a difference. I next tried botox in that area and there was a subtle improvement. Too subtle for the cost though…not convinced its worth it.

Thank you for sharing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Nonna1213

      Hi!  I am 7weeks post-op. Have lost a total 65lbs, 27 since surgery. Anyone else on my same timeline
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giginc

      Just starting my journey...little nervous
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Joset

      My name is Jose and I am from the UK, I had a gastric bypass a month ago so I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey.
      I would like to know how many calories I should be eating a day to stay healthy, thank you for your time
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SpartanMaker

      Today is the day!  Have to be at the hospital in a couple of hours.  So ready get this done!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giovanna628

      Morning!
      had surgery yesterday morning, feeling very sore but tolerable with pain meds. I have COPD and Asthma….let me tell ya, coughing is so painful. Anyway… drinking my 2oz every 15 …got my chart and shot glasses on hand.

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×