Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate protein drinks! Any protein pills?

I have not heard of Protein pills, but that is not to say they don’t exist.

two things you may want to try:

fair life milk. Has 23 grams of protein per 14 oz. tastes and feels exactly like normal white milk. (And I am picky.)

protein 20 Water. tastes decent to me. About 15 grams of protein per bottle.

good luck!

On 07/11/2022 at 11:12, Juniper123 said:

I have not heard of Protein pills, but that is not to say they don’t exist.

two things you may want to try:

fair life milk. Has 23 grams of Protein per 14 oz. tastes and feels exactly like normal white milk. (And I am picky.)

protein 20 Water. tastes decent to me. About 15 grams of protein per bottle.

good luck!

I will try this! I found a Greek yogurt with a good amount of protein too

On 07/09/2022 at 21:09, Esi said:

I hate Protein Shakes, too! After surgery, they tasted too sweet and made me vomit.

I tried to get my Protein from savory foods at first. Bone Broth with canned chicken, chewed very well, worked. However, initially I was not able to eat enough of this.

What helped me was finding an unflavored Protein Powder, and mixing it into Soup, cream of wheat, etc. Try Syntrax unflavored Protein powder.

I tried the protein in my Soup but maybe I did it wrong. It came out like mashed potatoes lol😅

5 minutes ago, lexie007 said:

I tried the Protein in my Soup but maybe I did it wrong. It came out like mashed potatoes lol😅

Oh no! Was the Soup very hot? Protein Powder can clump in heat. Maybe try letting the soup cool a bit? My oatmeal cools for 15 minutes before I add protein powder.

Protein powder is also excellent in pancake batter and cookie batter.

Has anyone figured out how to utilize GENEPRO Protein powder and not have your foods taste like a chemical lab experiment?! 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

If you’re using unflavored Protein powder to add to Soup then what you’ll want to do is mix it with the milk first before heating. It helps to disperse it instead of trying to add it after.

Look into the protein broths that bariatricpal sells. I drank the beef and chicken ones daily for about 3 months. They also have a Tomato Soup. Steer clear of the mushroom and broccoli and onion ones until you are eating things with chunks though.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:19 PM, I♡BypassedMyPhatAss♡ said:

I use the Premier Protein peach drinks and now I like the Fairlife Protein Shakes. They taste like milk. Flavored milk actually, but not as sweet as commerical flavored milks.

The thing about Fairlife is, it's ultra filtered, so it filters out the excess sugars and lactose in milk. So there's no weird whey powders or that sort of egg Protein in it. I love them all.

The fairlife Protein Shakes taste like melted ice cream to me... def. my favorites. I also really enjoy the clear protein20 drinks (there are 2 options with 20g of Protein and no caffeine).

Okay. I have found the holy grail of Protein. Gladiator vanilla protein powder from smoothie King. It has 45 grams of protein per serving and it is unnoticeable in smoothies to me, and I’m super picky. I use 1/2 cup fairlife milk, fresh strawberries and banana, 10ish ice cubes, blend it, add the powder, blend a little more, and it’s perfect. This is a lifesaver to me.

It’s $45 per big canister at Smoothie King stores.

Totally seriously, I would have no idea I was drinking a Protein Shake if you didn’t tell me. It’s that good.

34 minutes ago, Juniper123 said:

Okay. I have found the holy grail of Protein. Gladiator vanilla Protein Powder from smoothie King. It has 45 grams of Protein per serving and it is unnoticeable in smoothies to me, and I’m super picky. I use 1/2 cup fairlife milk, fresh strawberries and banana, 10ish ice cubes, blend it, add the powder, blend a little more, and it’s perfect. This is a lifesaver to me.

It’s $45 per big canister at Smoothie King stores.

Totally seriously, I would have no idea I was drinking a Protein Shake if you didn’t tell me. It’s that good.

Just keep in mind that your body can only absorb so much protein at a time when taking in those larger doses.

Hey all, eeppp first post. I am still waiting approval on my surgery, but really loving the info you guys are sharing on here.

I have been on the Naked Bone Broth train for a while now and I love it. Mixed with a little veggie better than bouillon (cause this gal loves savory stuff) and its just soooo good. 20 grams of Protein per serving as well.. : )

All the best!

Hey all, eeppp first post. I am still waiting approval on my surgery, but really loving the info you guys are sharing on here.
I have been on the Naked Bone Broth train for a while now and I love it. Mixed with a little veggie better than bouillon (cause this gal loves savory stuff) and its just soooo good. 20 grams of Protein per serving as well.. : )
All the best!

You've peaked my curiosity, do you have a particular one you prefer?

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

Literally the brand is Naked Bone broth "Protein Powder Supplement - Naked Bone Broth – Naked Nutrition" they are great. Clean product and transparent company! And I mix it with the veggie Better than bouillon. Its like a warm hug hahah....

looks like I cant attach the link. but if you search whats in quotes, you will find it : )

Edited by Cstna

Literally the brand is Naked Bone  broth "Protein powder Supplement - Naked Bone Broth – Naked Nutrition" they are great. Clean product and transparent company! And I mix it with the veggie Better than bouillon. Its like a warm hug hahah....
looks like I cant attach the link. but if you search whats in quotes, you will find it : )

Ah gotcha, sorry... When I went to Amazon it looked like there were different variations! Definitely going to order and try out! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

haha all good! I dont think it is on Amazon, but you can order from the website! I am sure any broth would work, but this one has 20grams of Protein ... not 8 like most!