Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2022 surgery support

I'm new here. Just got my surgery date - RNY Bypass on October 10th! liquid diet starts Monday October 4th.

I'm October 10th also. I was Sept 28th but it just got postponed today
Sorry you got postponed. But we don't have long to go until 10th [emoji3526]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using BariatricPal mobile app

hi! I'm brand new here. I'm having RNY 10/31, so I made it into this group by a few hours!!! LOL I'm happy to have found you all. I started my weight loss back in April, and I've lost 37 lbs. I start my liquid pre-op diet on 10/17. I am so excited and so so so ready.

21 hours ago, MANDY2910 said:

4 more days and I am starting to freak out! Just the normal stuff: why am I doing this? Maybe I should try one more time on my own…. I have never been so apprehensive about a surgery before. But I am prepared and I know it will be fine. The discomfort is short lived. This liquid diet is not helping my mood either 😂

So understandable. I went through this all once before and ended up cancelling. This time I'm working on NOT doing that, lol. It's a big decision and a big change. Nervous is normal.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:26 PM, MyDogsLoveMe said:

The doctor didn't give me any pre op diet yet. I am worried that I'm not doing things right. I will send him a message to make sure things are right. Maybe it's because I lost 20 lbs on my own since June??? Maybe I'm overthinking things too....

How are you doing??

Scared but excited.

Sorry, I didn't see this response from you. I'm doing Okay... honestly pretty hungry at times, but forgetting to drink my shakes has been a bit of an issue. Spending a lot of time cleaning, lol. Made some Cookies (weird, but I enjoy it).

If you're concerned about not having a pre-op diet, you can do a really low carb one until that day. Stay away from fatty foods, sugar, alcohol. There's a lot of examples out there. It certainly can't hurt, and maybe will shrink up your liver a little bit.

Sorry, I didn't see this response from you. I'm doing Okay... honestly pretty hungry at times, but forgetting to drink my shakes has been a bit of an issue. Spending a lot of time cleaning, lol. Made some Cookies (weird, but I enjoy it).
If you're concerned about not having a pre-op diet, you can do a really low carb one until that day. Stay away from fatty foods, sugar, alcohol. There's a lot of examples out there. It certainly can't hurt, and maybe will shrink up your liver a little bit.
I have been doing a low carb diet except for today. I went out to dinner with some coworkers and had some sushi so the rice was bad.

I have shakes but they only have 15 grams Protein but the others are soooo gross I can't finish them. I have been doing Atkins shakes for Breakfast on the way to work and then egg muffins (eggs with spinach, mushrooms, onions, bellpeppers baked in cupcake tins) at work and then one shake with my lunch which is just a low carb tortilla with turkey meat (93/7) with some taco seasonings. For dinner more turkey. I'm just eating the same things day after day to make sure I don't mess up. It's easy to make and the prep time is short. I'm not hungry anymore. It seems like a lot of food but the calories are pretty low for each.

We are almost there!!!! We got this!!! Our hard work is paying off!

There might be a recipe area on this site, I'm not sure. That may help.

Scared but excited.