Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeries The Week Of December 17

I had my surgery on Monday. Everything went well. I have minimal pain, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, I'm a two. It's been a breeze so far. But let me tell you, I was scared to death about having the surgery. But I'm so glad I did it. Wishing you all the best of luck this week.

Hi Aimee,

It went well I think! I'm not having any pain, so I never used the morphine pump or liquid percacet. I have a really bad headache since I got banded and tylenol hasn't really helped. Can't wait for tomorrow when I can have Protein Drinks. Maybe this will help the headache???

How are you doing?

Aimee

So I was banded on Wed the 19th...home this afternoon...feeling pretty darn good. Have some pain in my stomach...but nothing major...

I'm actually considering going into work for half the day tomorrow....we'll see how it goes...I'm gonna decide in the morning how I feel.

I'm on for the 21st (tomorrow). I have to be there at 6:45 am (I live about 1 1/2 hours from the Barix Clinic.

Alarm is set, but I'm still not nervous.

Good luck to all

Good luck tomorrow. Check in with us and let us know how things are going. It is the beginning of a new life for you. Take care.

I got banded yesterday at 8:30 and I was back home from the hospital by 2pm. I am so glad that doc. let me go home early! I hate hospitals, and that's the last place you want to be when you're uncomfortable.

I have been doing fine-- the gas is painful, but not as bad as I thought it would be (feels similar to the gas problems I get with PMS). I felt stuffed yesterday from a popsickle! LOL. My incisions hurt (feels like I did a million situps) and I have to walk really slow, but I'm feeling a lot better than I thought I would. Obviously, I"m on here already, so I can't be feeling too bad!!

Good luck to everybody-- and don't be nervous, I think the waiting in the pre-op area was the scariest part, the actual surgery/recovery is not bad at all.

I was banded about 2:30 on Tuesday afternoon. Today's the first day I'm feeling "ok". My pain level is a lot lower but I don't know if that's healing or because I've been consistent with taking my narcotics :-) I've decided to switch to Tylenol today because I think the pain meds are making me feel worse than I would without them.

I have almost no appetite and and I've had to force myself to drink my Water. I hope today to increase my intake of both calories and Water.

I am not good with pain or discomfort and this is the part of banding I've dreaded the most. I want to be back on my feet quickly, but I'm forcing myself to stay quiet and heal without pushing myself.

Hey all.

I was banded at7:30 Monday morning and am doing really well.... just a bit sore/stiff.... not really any gas pain either...I think I am pretty lucky... I have been eating mushie foods since yesterday afternoon and so far everything is going really well... YIPPIE

We're all on the road to healthy!

Heathera,

It's good to hear from you! I pray the pain remains low or leaves completely. Yes, get the Water and allow yourself to heal. Take Care!!1

I got my band wed. having mixed feelings. some gas pain. i think i scared some people in post op. It took me like 5 hours to come out of the anesthesia. I'm only a little sore from the surgery itself, and managing with ibuprophen. I'm hungry, though. My hubby made dinner for himself and the kids, but it smelled good. other than broth and Protein drinks, any suggestions for more satisfying liquids would be appreciated.

:faint:Everything is as I expected. However the anesthisia part did a number on my mouth and uvula that hangs at the back of the mouth. I have been in great pain swallowing and if I eat anything warm or just luke warm it burns like fire on all the raw skin o the roof of my mouth. Secondly the uvula that has down back there was knicked as well during surgery. It is elongated and attaches to my tongue when trying to talk, brush teeth etc. I feel like gagging all the time. Thanks for listening I know that my husband is getting sick of hearing about it. If anyone else has experienced this please let me know that it gets better and about how long to heal I am getting a little concerned.

Kelly:help:

:faint:

I'm not having pain in my throat or anything, but I am constantly feeling nauseous. None of my Protein drinks taste good to me anymore... they are all too sweet. I don't feel like eating, drinking or doing much of anything. However, today my pain level is much better. I haven't had to take any liquid tylenol (YUK) since 11:30 last night. Now if the nausea would just go away... I feel like I may be this way forever. AUGH!

Well......I thought I was a member of your club, but my surgery was aborted!

I went to the hospital, signed consents, met with anesthesia, had the IV, medications given and next thing I know, I have 3 Port Holes im my bally and the doctor is sitting on my bed telling me I can't get banded. They found a hernia which would prohibit banding.

I'm greatful he stopped as I would have be subject to numerous complications.

I meet with the surgeon in 2 weeks to discuss options!

Hope all has gone well for the rest of you!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

:faint:

Well......I thought I was a member of your club, but my surgery was aborted!

I went to the hospital, signed consents, met with anesthesia, had the IV, medications given and next thing I know, I have 3 Port Holes im my bally and the doctor is sitting on my bed telling me I can't get banded. They found a hernia which would prohibit banding.

I'm greatful he stopped as I would have be subject to numerous complications.

I meet with the surgeon in 2 weeks to discuss options!

Hope all has gone well for the rest of you!

So sorry you had all that prep and no results. Didn't your Doc do an upper GI first to see if you had a hernia?

I knew I had one when I went to see the surgeon as I previously had an upper GI, so he said I didn't have to do another one. They repaired my hernia at the time the band was placed. Seemed routine for them to do that AND no more acid reflux now.

I wish your surgeon had known about your hernia BEFORE he started, would have saved you a lot of grief.

there is a thread on here somewhere about hernias and band surgeries.