Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Elite sweet doughnuts.

Has anyone tried these Protein doughnuts. I found them on Amazon? ? They are pretty expensive, but… does anyone know how they figure out the net carbs? I googled it and it’s something about the sugar alcohol they use being subtracted but I’ve never heard of this.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Net carbs are the carbohydrates in food that you can digest and use for energy. To calculate net carbs, take a food's total carbs and subtract: Fiber. Since our body doesn't have the enzymes to break down fiber, it passes through our digestion system unchanged. Lots of items i notice NET CARBS. One i eat currently are flour tortillas that have 4G net carbs. Lowest i could find.

You would also subtract sugar alcohols since they don't have an effect on blood sugar. Beware though, too much sugar alcohol could give you the runs...

Now I'm going to have to try these. I don't keep foods like this around, but for an occasional treat, might be great. The reason I don't keep them around is, even though its all Protein, because of the sweet taste I might over eat them, at the expense of eating healthier stuff. Thats something I am working on.

21 minutes ago, DonnaGS said:

Now I'm going to have to try these. I don't keep foods like this around, but for an occasional treat, might be great. The reason I don't keep them around is, even though its all Protein, because of the sweet taste I might over eat them, at the expense of eating healthier stuff. Thats something I am working on.

I was hoping that they freeze well. That trick seems to work for me. If I have to defrost it I only do if I really want it. Whereas if it’s just Sitting right there I may eat more.

Yes, generally sugar alcohols are not included in net carbs, but it might give you tummy troubles. I haven't found that to be an issue for me, but I tend to keep my portions small when eating things with sugar alcohols (better anyway, since these aren't usually the healthiest foods).

I haven't tried the doughnuts, but I did like the Welch's Zero Sugar fruit gummies. I haven't been able to find those again, not even on Amazon!

7 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

Yes, generally sugar alcohols are not included in net carbs, but it might give you tummy troubles. I haven't found that to be an issue for me, but I tend to keep my portions small when eating things with sugar alcohols (better anyway, since these aren't usually the healthiest foods).

I haven't tried the doughnuts, but I did like the Welch's Zero Sugar fruit gummies. I haven't been able to find those again, not even on Amazon!

Ooh i bet those welches ones are good. Have you tried the Albanese brand in the no sugar? I am not a huge Gummy bear fan but I thought they were okay. My husband eats them often. They sometimes carry them at Walmart so you can try just one pack at least. But if you like them they are easier to find on Amazon. Just be careful cause the regular sugar ones look exactly the same it just says no sugar on one corner of the package.

59 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Ooh i bet those welches ones are good. Have you tried the Albanese brand in the no sugar? I am not a huge Gummy bear fan but I thought they were okay. My husband eats them often. They sometimes carry them at Walmart so you can try just one pack at least. But if you like them they are easier to find on Amazon. Just be careful cause the regular sugar ones look exactly the same it just says no sugar on one corner of the package.

I haven't tried those. I have to be careful because a lot of the zero sugar things are made with stevia and it tastes terrible if not mixed with other sweeteners. Also, I only like red/purple/blue flavors, so I would probably waste half the bag, not like that would be a bad thing!

I tried the SmartSweets Swedish Fish and I didn't care for them, but I might try other flavors of those.

I know I got the Welch's at LAX, and I'll be there in a few weeks, so hopefully I can stock up LOL.

Shoppgirl, I wish the freezer trick worked. Once in awhile I will put something in the freezer and forget about it. But knowing I can just stick it in the microwave for a few seconds is too convenient!.

I just received these doughnuts and apparently they do freeze well cause it says to refrigerate or freeze them right away because there are no preservatives. They are good for 30 days in fridge or 6 months in freezer. As if they will last that long. lol. I just tried one of the cinnamon sugar ones and they are quite tasty in my opinion. I mean it’s not a real doughnut but not bad considering.

Edited by ShoppGirl