Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2022 surgery buddies

I don't have an exact date yet but my surgery team planning end of Sept. I started my journey in April and have been working hard to get rid of some of my old habits. Drinking diet coke was the hardest, but now soda free. I can't just drink Water so I've been drinking crystal light. Breakfast was also I've not really done. Now, I'm faithful every morning even it's just a greek yogurt. Also , throwing the straw away was tough but I keep thinking of how much better things will be. I've been journaling as a request from my dietitian and it had been a good tool for me to see what I need to watch. I've lost 19lbs in a few months which I'm grateful for.

I just scheduled my surgery this morning for September 6. It seems like a lot of people having surgery in September started their journey somewhere around April. I had some issues with my insurance since it's out of the state I reside in. I started my journey in January.

Giving up sweet or flavored sodas doesn't seem so hard, but trying to stay away from sparkling Water seems to be the harder thing for me. I've tried all year to try and get ready for my new dietary changes. Just putting in the effort (even though it's not perfect) has worked out for me.

Journaling is definitely good, but I find that using apps are much easier.

Good luck with your journey!

Congrats on your date. I do use an app too...bariastic. i meant that as to physically Journaling. It's an easy app to use and keeps me accountable.

I have my last appointment with my dietitian July 11th. Then, I see my surgeon August 9th and hopefully get my September date then.

My surgery is scheduled for September 6th. I had my initial appointment with my weight loss center on April 1st. I am also using Baritastic. I have used My Fitness Pal previously, but like Baritastic better. I have been slacking a little, but getting back to it. I am nervous, but so excited.

Congrats on your date. I finished all my pre-op tests today. I have seen appointment with my doctor August 8th and hope to get my surgery date then.

My surgery is scheduled for September 6th. I had my initial appointment with my weight loss center on April 1st. I am also using Baritastic. I have used My Fitness Pal previously, but like Baritastic better. I have been slacking a little, but getting back to it. I am nervous, but so excited.

I just switched to the Bariastic over My Fitness Pal. Seems more accurate.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi All! Surgery date of 9/8/22. I've been in the process since 1/4/22 and it's been a nightmare with insurance. SO glad I am finally approved and moving along.

I have Bariastic but actually prefer journaling with pencil and journal just don't have the time. I got a really nice one on Amazon and have been trying to keep up.

I am most nervous about the post-op pureed diet. I am a texture girl and it the thought of puree is giving me major anxiety.

Congrats on your date. I see my surgeon in about 10 days and can't wait for my surgery date. I've been trying really hard to some weight off before that time and have lost 30lbs so far.

21 hours ago, mnrhannah said:

Hi All! Surgery date of 9/8/22. I've been in the process since 1/4/22 and it's been a nightmare with insurance. SO glad I am finally approved and moving along.

I have Bariastic but actually prefer journaling with pencil and journal just don't have the time. I got a really nice one on Amazon and have been trying to keep up.

I am most nervous about the post-op pureed diet. I am a texture girl and it the thought of puree is giving me major anxiety.

Awesome for your surgery date. I attend my third nutrition class in August to see about the post surgery diet. I am having my husband come along for that.
But I wonder if I need to get a pre-approval from my insurance. I have only called to get the requirements and let my weight loss center know. I did submit my leave of absence to work though. Woohoo!

Edited by MotownNixie
Added to it.

Welp, looks like I *may* be denied again. I received my approval letter on 7/8 after fighting with insurance since February. I now just received a letter “correcting” my 7/8 letter. It states the “appeal was reviewed again and made changes because the benefit language was incorrect”.
I feel so defeated.

I'm so sorry. Hopefully your surgeon can help. I'm praying that all is ok with my surgery as well. They haven't rejected any of my pre op testing and that is all done. I see my surgeon next week and i think it will be scheduled then. Don't give up, keep fighting.

Oh no. so can you appeal again. like Vicky said, see if your surgeon’s office can help. Sending positive thoughts your way and to Vicky too for her surgery.