Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for friends, just starting my journey!

On 6/28/2022 at 8:29 AM, mommaMel302 said:

Hi there

Im just starting my bariatric surgery diet. It is something I have wanted for a while, but just recently got the courage to go through with it. It will probably still be a few more months out, but I'd love to make new friends that I can experience this journey with! I'm 36 with a 6 year old and a 1 year old.

Hi! New here too. Scheduled to have my first visit with surgeon next week. Nervous but excited to get this show on the road. 40 with 3 kids (9,4,2). I’m out on the west coast. I have to do 3 months supervised nutrition so I have my fingers crossed I can get through it all and approved for a December surgery so it works for me and hubby to take leave from work.

On 8/2/2022 at 11:08 PM, MrsSuit said:

Hi! New here too. Scheduled to have my first visit with surgeon next week. Nervous but excited to get this show on the road. 40 with 3 kids (9,4,2). I’m out on the west coast. I have to do 3 months supervised nutrition so I have my fingers crossed I can get through it all and approved for a December surgery so it works for me and hubby to take leave from work.

Hi there! Hope the timing works out for you! I have a 1 year old and a 6 year old. Still working on the requirements to get everything submitted to the insurance and hoping to have an idea of when it will be.

Hi. I’m46 as of 5/5. I was just approved last Thursday and today I was given my surgery date of 6/5/2023. I have 4 kids also 28, 23, 18 and 15. And one grandson (6yrs). My process began 2/21/23. I admit I became a bit frustrated during the journey- all the test. The insurance requirements… the weight/wait…. But I’m finally able to see the finish line. I’m not scared but I have concerns about sagging skin. I weigh 250 and I’m5”3. I’ll post pics once I figure out how. Good luck to you all. I’m also on FB with pics there

Welcome to the bariatric world! I think everyone has a sagging skin issue. I didn't have a lot with my arms, neck and face thankfully but I do have an apron now and my boobs sag more then they did before surgery (tmi?), and while I am tickled my thighs no longer touch when I walk, if I walk fast they slap. I plan on having a mommy makeover surgery to fix the things I don't like. They next time I see my doctor I'll be talking to his plastic surgeon about fixing the issues. I had surgery 6/7/22 and I've lost 122lbs. Even with the sagging skin I'm down from a 26/28 to a size 14 that is starting to get loose. I have such a better quality of life. I would not change one day post op. Even if I never got a mommy makeover. I think the majority of my brothers and sisters in the bariatric world would agree that they are happier post op sagging skin and all. You'll do great! We are here to support you!

This group is phenomenal!! Whoever thought of this was truly a thinker. The warm welcomes and encouragement from everyone is so needed! Thank u for taking the time to respond to me. It’s so easy to get distracted by the little things when you don’t have support. I needed to hear that advice from you! Congratulations on your successful journey!!! I love hearing your embracing the healthy you! I could feel your confident energy through your words. “Happier post op sagging skin and all…and healthy” - a great positive message!!!

I thought I would be way too embarrassed about my skin too but here I am on holiday in Europe and not really giving two hoots about it. It's so much easier than trying to hide my fat body away from everyone's eyes or thinking black hid everything. At some point I will get my arms done but when that will be, I don't know

Sent from my Lenovo TB-J606F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey there, I’m still new to this too. I’m waiting for insurance approval. I’m not good at waiting. Lol I love this group because I have watched other’s journeys and have gotten some great information. I’ve been kinda quite in the back ground. My name is Teresa, I’m 56 from Kingsland Ga. I’m having a revision from the lapband to the sleeve.

Congratulations 🎊🎉. I am the same as you! I hate waiting-especially when it’s something I’m really looking forward to. Thankfully the approval process wasn’t long. On May 1st my navigator informed me she’d be submitting my request that week. On May 11,2023 she called and said that I’d been approved. I was able on that Wed to see the approval in my BCBS app. On 5/15 the secretary called to schedule me for 6/5/23. I started this journey back on 2/21/23. It was rough lol. My navigator said she at one point thought I was about to give up…. She was right lol 😂. But here I am!!! I’m following this to see your surgery date!! It seems like we’ll be really close in dates!! Congratulations again