Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really this many pills!?

13 hours ago, Veritas34 said:

I take daily

6 Calcitrate with Vitamin D3

2 Multivitamins

1 B12

2 D3

1 B1

and a droplet of Ferrous Sulfate

That's pretty similar to what I take. I had gastric bypass, but my program has the same guidelines for bypass and sleeve. I use an app called Medisafe for tracking and reminders, but at almost 2 years post-op, I have a pretty good routine and don't really need reminders. The app is really good for keeping track of how many of each I have left, though.

A few tips to make it easier:

• If you're not taking a bariatric Multivitamin, you might be able to switch to one that will just be one pill per day instead of two (I use BariatriPal Multivitamin ONE with an annual subscription because it's the best price I've found for bariatric multivitamins).
  • D3 comes in various dosages, so try finding one that has the same amount in one pill. I take a chewable one that's strawberry flavored, so it's almost like candy.
  • Try calcium chews (I LOVE BariatricPal Belgian chocolate caramel and French vanilla caramel -- they are so delicious that I actually look forward to taking them).

5 hours ago, RickM said:

See above - many programs put all their patients on the same regimen, either out of their convenience, or because they haven't yet figured out what a VSG needs vs. an RNY, or they haven't bothered to update their guidelines yet.

Well that's insane, I had a sleeve wasn't told to take any of these. It was recommended that I take a multivitamin and Vitamin D but it was never a must.

I had the sleeve and I just take 3 pills a day. One multivitamin and two Calcium tablets. Most doctors have their own guess as to what we will be low in and it does vary from person to person so it’s best to listen to your doctor and see how your labs go.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, Veritas34 said:

I take daily

6 Calcitrate with Vitamin D3

2 Multivitamins

1 B12

2 D3

1 B1

and a droplet of Ferrous Sulfate

Maybe try the Patches?

Thank you all for these suggestions... Its been ridiculous taking all of these pills... I have a follow up in 2 weeks and will discuss it with them... THANK YOU!!!

And for the people who mentioned what multivitamin im taking is flintstones knockoff that the hospital gave me .

This is the exact page from my book that I was told to take…. Sorry I didn’t add amounts from original post

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

That seems a bit excessive. After my bypass I was told to take one multivitamin with Iron in the morning, and then 500 mg calcium citrate twice a day after that. The pills I have are 300 so I take 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner. Everything was fine on my last blood test.

On 7/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, Veritas34 said:

Thank you all for these suggestions... Its been ridiculous taking all of these pills... I have a follow up in 2 weeks and will discuss it with them... THANK YOU!!!

And for the people who mentioned what Multivitamin im taking is flintstones knockoff that the hospital gave me .

That may be why you have to take the extra pills. The bariatric Vitamins are a bit more expensive but they have a lot of those extras included. Flintstones vitamins are designed for children so they do not have everything an adult needs included. I would print out the ingredients of a couple of the bariatric vitamins and see if you take one of those if you can cut back on the number of pills. I take the Pro Care health with 45 mg Iron and I only have to take one a day plus my Calcium.

OH MY!

My team starts out with multivitamin and Calcium and then adjusts accordingly based on blood work.

I currently take 1 multivitamin w/ Iron and 1 calcium a day!

My 3 month blood work was good but I don't get again until 1 year post op so I don't have long term results yet.