Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling very defeated...not sure it was worth it now...

6 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

My apologies then. I guess when someone says burger I automatically think of a full burger 🍔 with the works like I would have eaten myself before surgery. I had a win today We went through the hungry jacks drive through to get my friends hubby his lunch and looked at the menu and thought yum but I didn't order anything it didn't even bother me .

No worries at all!!! When I feel a certain way, sometimes I don't explain things correctly. I can completely see why you thought I meant a full on burger. And that's awesome that you didn't feel bothered at all by not ordering anything!!!! I still miss Burger King patties, but I leave them alone and just make mine at home. I can season them the way I want, and I like to have avocado with the patties sometimes. Not a lot, but here and there.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I'm so frustrated. I lost 30 pounds the first 2 weeks after surgery. Then I hit a stall for 2 weeks. Lost 5 pounds when the stall broke, and then literally lost nothing else. Stayed at that weight for a week, and now I'm gaining weight!!!!! I don't understand it. I bought a food scale and I weigh everything. I check the labels on everything to make sure Protein is high and carbs and fats are low. I work out once, sometimes twice, a day. I never have restriction, so I make sure to set alarms for when I can eat so I don't graze or eat too much (I eat 3 meals and 1 snack per day). I'm always hungry, but I do my best to ignore it and stick to the diet and eating schedule. I did a journal of what I eat and I sent it to my dietician and she said "it looks good, you're doing what you're supposed to. It might be that you have PCOS and it's holding on to your weight and even putting some back on. We see this a lot in PCOS patients." Wait....what???

I lost 100 pounds in 8 months on Keto, but I can't lose more than 30 with WLS??? And it took 2 months before the weight came back with Keto, but I can't even make it to 6 weeks post op before the weight starts coming back with WLS??? I went down from a size 30 in clothing to a size 22 before the weight came back with keto. I haven't gone down any clothing sizes with WLS and my clothes are still fitting pretty much the same (I've gained 6 pounds back from the 30 I lost).

I can drink as much as I want, eat anything I want, don't have to eat slow because there's no restriction and nothing to make me slow down, I could only eat 1/3 of a burger a week or so ago, now I can eat a whole one with no issues and not quite feel comfortable yet (I still stop, even though I'm still hungry). I know everyone says my stomach is still healing, but I never lost my hunger hormone, I never had food aversion, I never really had any restriction. After the first 2 weeks (my stomach was still very sensitive and I had to crush pills and be careful what I ate because PAIN), I never had any other ANYTHING that would even indicate I had surgery. Literally nothing has changed.

So I follow the diet, weigh my food, eat only at my designated times, work out, journal what I eat, stay hungry, gain weight back, and basically just live miserably every day.

I hope things have improved. If you eat at a calorie deficit, you will lose weight, no matter what diet. I used to have a barium swallow twice a year when I had my sleeve, perhaps that will tell you the status of your sleeve, if it is stretched or not. That is, if you haven't already.