Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

well shiz... lmao. Ive been drinking 2-3 a day. back to boring Water i go lmao thanks for the heads up

What about crystal light??

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

hey. You know yourself and gotta do what ya gotta do to keep on track. I pretty much only do drive through so I don’t have to smell it.

I feel like I smell food no matter where I am.

I don't have cravings or even any hunger but I swear every where I go I smell some type of food. Especially it if is fried.

My smell has gotten much more sensitive since surgery. Not like, everything grosses me out, but smells are more intense.

23 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

What about crystal light??

not the biggest fan of it. So before surgery i loved Powerade zero and Propel Water. After now its gross. lol Need to test out different powders like crystal light and see what i like.

1 minute ago, liveaboard15 said:

not the biggest fan of it. So before surgery i loved Powerade zero and Propel Water. After now its gross. lol Need to test out different powders like crystal light and see what i like.

What about cirkul? They sell them online on their site or at bed bath beyond. My aunt swears by them.

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

What about cirkul? They sell them online on their site or at bed bath beyond. My aunt swears by them.

Never heard of it. I havent been to a bed bath and beyond in like 20 years and there is one about 2 miles away. May need to stop in and check it out. Thanks :)

1 minute ago, liveaboard15 said:

Never heard of it. I havent been to a bed bath and beyond in like 20 years and there is one about 2 miles away. May need to stop in and check it out. Thanks :)

They are a little pricey compared to my generic crystal light is the only reason I haven’t switched over. They are actually pretty cool. It’s a specially designed bottle and the flavors are in cartridges. You can adjust the intensity of the flavor on the cartridge. And they ones that have added Vitamins and caffeine and stuff.

54 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

Also, try Starburst brand drink packets and Walmart's Great Value brand packets. I hate crystal light but I like both of those

Right after surgery I had a hard time drinking Water and even 8 months out I still don't like it as much as I did before surgery, maybe because I can't guzzle it.

Here are some things I drink instead:

Hot Tea

Iced coffee

5 calorie juice

diet soda (my surgery center says it's fine after 4 weeks post surgery)

diet sweet tea

Starburst brand drink packets (five calories, found at Walmart and Walgreens)

Great Value brand drink packets (Walmart)

1 hour ago, lizonaplane said:

Also, try Starburst brand drink packets and Walmart's Great Value brand packets. I hate crystal light but I like both of those

This!!!! My son just brought some over. OOOMMMGGG!!!!!!!!!! So so good. I hate Water. Always have. But these taste so good I totally forget it's just flavored water.

I like the True Lemon, True Lime, and True Orange crystal packets for flavoring Water. To me, they don't have that chemical taste I find off-putting.

I am feeling concerned. I am 7 days out from my vsg and last night I had a full cup of sugar free Jello in one sitting.. is that too much ? At once? I hear people getting full with like 1 or 2 oz but I did not feel that. I’m concerned.

Just now, newnew@46 said:

I am feeling concerned. I am 7 days out from my vsg and last night I had a full cup of sugar free Jello in one sitting.. is that too much ? At once? I hear people getting full with like 1 or 2 oz but I did not feel that. I’m concerned.

Many people do not feel their restriction until they get to purées or soft foods. Some nerves were cut during surgery and liquids go right through you so it’s harder to feel it early out.

18 minutes ago, newnew@46 said:

I'm 10 days post op, and I can tell you that I can have as much liquids as I want. But I just had some hummus last night, just to see if I could tolerate it yet, and HOLY MOLY the restriction was there in spades!!!! 1 teaspoon had me feeling absolutely stuffed (1 serving size is 2 tablespoons lol Not happening). I'm going to back it down to 1/2 a tsp each time I have it because I want to be comfortable and not hungry, not completely full to the brim. Just wait until you get to mush lol It's a whole different ball game.

I have trouble with plain Water. My go-to drinks, non-Protein edition:

Vitamin Water Zeros. (My personal flavor ranking is: Gutsy, Shine, XXX, Squeezed, Power C, Look, Ice.... Ice is the only one I won't drink). I will mix a Lemonade flavored one with a Peach Iced Tea -flavored Crystal Light/Great Value packet to make an Arnold Palmer. I like that each flavor has a different vitamin/mineral profile, so drinking a variety of them helps me with any vitamin absorption issues.

Nature's Twist strawberry Lemonade sugar-free drink (find it at Sams)

For Texas people, the H-E-B Multi-Fit waters are very good.

After my daily walk, I drink a Propel water. Has a high sodium content, so it is a good way to replenish after sweating so much.