Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed diet need new ideas

51 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

Refried Beans is another option. I'd add a load of fire sauce and then some Greek yogurt on the side, in place of sour cream, since you can't have cheese. I have an unnatural love affair of all things hot and spicy. I hope I can still eat spicy stuffies after the bypass.

I can't do Beans until next stage, I'm very limited. Different states and different drs have separate plans grrrrr

A lot of Soups are just purées anyway like pumpkin, potato, Tomato, cream of chicken, etc. soups. I’d make my own & purée just l did when I usually made them. Make a slow cooked chicken & vegetable Soup (use chicken on the bone). Strain it & eat the broth. Strain any purchased soups just to make sure there’s no chunky or fibrous bits like herbs. Add some unflavoured Protein Powder to the vegetable soups. Try scrambled eggs made with a little more milk so they’re sloppier. You can blend them a little if still a little dense. Mash a boiled egg with low fat mayo.

Baby food can be tasteless to adults because of the low salt & sugar content. Babies haven’t developed an addiction/desire for salt & sugar yet.

I totally forgot about the ricotta back! I was so good. It’s like lasagna but with out the noodles!
https://bariatricbits.com/single-serve-baked-ricotta/

Here’s a recipe for a single serving. Just Goggle Ricotta Bake. Or as we say at my house GTS (Google the s!:7)

On 4/12/2022 at 9:52 PM, Stephy2014 said:

I'm not doing pureed Soup that is just gross

But...but... 😔

Can't you just stick some cooked broccoli, gorgonzola and a little boiling Water in a blender and tell me how you feel?

On 9/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Mt.Lion said:

Puréed sweet Potato’s, mashed potatoes and gravy, Campbells Tomato Soup, refried Beans smooth with a little nacho liquid sauce. Puréed Campbells cream of mushroom Soup looks and tastes normal. Add Protein to get your levels you need!! Heck of a lot easier than bland liquid month!!

But it does Suck!

How did you go about doing the ricotta bake ? And you use hot sauce? No problems ? How far out are you @BypassingMyPhatAss

Egg salad I can go with that.

tuna salad also, chicken salad. I am allowed mayo low fat…

On 4/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, Stephy2014 said:

This stage kinda sucks, there is not much to eat and I have no imagination for anything new any ideas???? I eat no fat yogurt, broth, Jello, pudding, not many Soups cas I'm not doing pureed Soup that is just gross 🤢, I have until the end of the month on this diet and it's getting super blah!!!!

You are so right! I found that stage the most frustrating! I survived off of plain greek yogurt and adding some powder Protein and a little bit of Water to make it less thick, it helped me get my protein in, which was a huge struggle for me in this stage. I also ate mashed potatoes with again, plain greek yogurt as a sour cream substitute, and I enjoyed refried black Beans as another great source of protein. Good luck to you! You've got this. :)

I am in the hospital post surgery and I noticed that my urine is orange! I’ll see a doctor in the morning but the nurse tec empty’s my urine and hasn’t said anything. Ian 58 so it’s not my period
Anyone else ever come across this?

I sure felt like a whiney baby post-op. My surgeon said no baby food. Babies have different nutritional needs than adults.

pureed options are easy. Let's see, what did I puree? Prime rib, Thai chicken, Curry chicken, Chicken alfreado. The list goes on and on, I ate my favorite Proteins and big flavor foods.

Good luck,

Tek

Edited by The Greater Fool

Can anyone recommend a good unflavored Protein powder? I bought the Nutricost unflavored powder and it doesn't mix well at all. Very foamy, chunks of powder whether I use a spoon, shaker or blender. Very frustrated. Trying to get refund from manufacturer. Any other types you'd recommend?

Can anyone recommend a good unflavored Protein Powder? I bought the Nutricost unflavored powder and it doesn't mix well at all. Very foamy, chunks of powder whether I use a spoon, shaker or blender. Very frustrated. Trying to get refund from manufacturer. Any other types you'd recommend?

I use the Vital Proteins with collagen. 18 grams of Protein with two scoops. It's a fine powder, unflavored, that can be mixed with anything. My only complaint is that it clumps a bit in cold liquids, but it completely dissolves in warm liquid. I do a lot of chicken bouillon with the protein powder, protein hot chocolate mix (zero sugar of course). It's on Amazon, blue container.

Sent from my SM-F926U using BariatricPal mobile app