Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month in. The bottom part of my left forearm is still completely numb. I think it is nerve damage since it’s been this way since surgery and hasn’t improved at all. 😞. I haven’t lost any function in the arm, just sensation from wrist to elbow on the bottom half of the arm. It’s really annoying and I wish it would come back but I am starting to think it is permanent. Not much to do about it but it’s a possible rare outcome, and looks like I’m the lucky one who got it.

Drain hole closed up, FDL and breast lift scars are doing well. I’ll post pics of the arm lift since that’s something I can do without disrobing, haha. This is one month to the day healing arm lift scars.

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

Wow what a weird angle on the first pic. I promise my arms are normally shaped. The scar goes all the way through my armpit and connects to breast lift. I lost all the hair on my right side, I have about a one inch strip left on my left side. 🫤. Not wearing deodorant right now because of scars, but thus far it doesn’t appear I sweat on underarms through my peloton workout. Might come back, but nothing for now.

You scar really well. Not dark or lumpy!
Sorry about the numbness. What did your PS say other than possible rare unwanted outcome?

Just that it may come back, may not. I do feel burning in that area sometimes, nothing like distracting or painful but just a mild sensation. I’m kinda hopeful, but trying to be realistic that it might be my imagination.

I read online that magnesium and exercise are possibly good for nerve regrowth so I am taking a magnesium supplement and I’m exercising every day so we will see. I still am not supposed to be running so I raised the incline on my treadmill up to 15% for my walk, and I’m working my way through all the low impact peloton classes they have.

Very encouraging update, after a lot of tingling I am able to feel pressure on my lower arm again. It’s kind of muted but it’s there. The improvement has given me a lot of hope. Still can’t feel like a pen being dragged lightly on the surface but any improvement is so encouraging.

I’ll be six weeks next Wednesday. My surgeon said I can be released fully at that time. I tried a light jog for literally one minute yesterday and wow my stomach was not appreciating that. It just mostly felt really stiff. I didn’t have muscle repair so likely the incision up the middle isn’t happy with the jostling. I can now do climbs on the spin bike so that’s nice…released from the drudgery of low impact classes.

I feel like my shape is about the same as before, just the hanging skin on the front is gone.

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

thanks for the updates and pics