Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Rant before a break (Strong Words so enter at own Risk)

With that it's time to take my leave. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and I look forward to chating again sometime in 2008.

TommyO

It does seem to me that lately we have been drifting into some very small brawls. Our best brawls on R&R have traditionally been those which are idea-driven. Remember, boys and girls, the tension-filled days and nights of Ron Cusano? TommyO has always had a lot of value to contribute in that debate and he has been a very valuable and entertaining contributor to many other idea-driven discussions/debates/brawls.

It is true that recently we have been drifting into the arena of personality-driven brawls, these are what I personally call small brawls, and I figure that we likely will all be better off as an on-line community once we elect to opt out of this loop. As to why and how we found ourselves here, well, I dunno. Perhaps this is due to this being a traditionally thin-skinned time of the year, and when you add in a few hostile on-line comments made by some of the angrier, the more bitter members of our community, hostilities quickly arise and escalate.

Certainly the current level of anger should never have happened. Some of the most valuable members of this site have now found themselves caught up in these useless and ugly brawls - they've swallowed the toxic bait, eh. Of course this is a tragedy, is it not? All of these really great and very, very knowledgable LBTers should be on this site in their roles as experienced old-timers, old-timers who are both able and willing to share their knowledge with the newbies. They should not allow themselves to be trapped in these ugly, oxygen-sapping squabbles.

I admit to being a fan of TommyO: I have always found what he has had to say to be of great interest and I figure that his opinion has as much value as mine when it comes to this biz of weighting our possible value - that is to say that of Green and that of TommyO - on the on-line community.

Although I consider myself to be in the way of being personal internet friends with some of the participants - and this is something which means a great deal to me - I must admit that I avoid spending time on those threads where LBT folks get into these personal on-line brawls. The truth is that I find most of this material kinda boring and kinda pointless and very sad.

I would urge all participants to walk away from these dumbass brawls. Stooping in order to engage is ill-advised. None of us who are old timers need to worry about our street cred. Why get yerselves trapped in these idiotic pissing contests? Christmas is coming up and it is important for us to save our spleen and our piss for those who really are dangerous.......:heh:

Let us say no, nada, non, nyet, et pas de chance to just about everyone. :) We should and must able to separate and ignore the rage which propels a personal attack from that which seeks to engage in an idea-driven debate.

As an example I will present my on-going debate against Gadget in the Right To Chose thread. Though Gadget and I continue to remain at loggerheads on the abortion debate, and we have indeed been brawling over this for many months now, we continue to maintain a real respect for each other. Truth is that Gadget and myself are two individuals who come close to occupying the exact opposite zones of the belief band and yet we have always been able to display through our only personal connection - that of LBT - a very pleasant connection and a respectful acknowledgement of our profound differences.

And so, and oh, and ugh, and this is where I would like to suggest that it is time for all this bitcherie to stop. Green sez, just say no to immature and, well, twat-like acts. You'all know that we can walk away from this stuff. Calm down, avoid the poo pouperie, ya know it is only going to get worse, eh. Fer after all, Christmas and the whole array of disfunctional family members are coming. Bwhahahahaha:heh: It is gonna get a lot worse. :)

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

With that it's time to take my leave. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and I look forward to chating again sometime in 2008.

TommyO

NO NO NO!! Don't go now - just when I was getting out the popcorn and settling in for a rousing battle between The Duelist and the Cyber Sisters!!

*ding ding ding* And there goes the bell, folks, time for Round 4 of:

The Duellist

duellist.jpg

VS

The Cyber Sisters!!!

cybersisters.jpg

:ranger:

I have some personal drama going on in my life right now, and I gotta say: This stuff is like Jerry Springer. I hate it, but I'm drawn to it, if only to be able to take a break from my own drama.

I do avoid the "I hate Newbies" thread, because it makes me feel like a moron. I am not a moron and having a large group of people discuss the questions and concerns that I have as if I (or others) were stupid beyond compare isn't fun. Made me feel like shit for about 5 minutes, then I clicked on New Posts and moved on.

Do I have a point? - The popcorn my daughter just popped is distracting me! - Yes, I have a point and it is: I love this thread, but I'm slightly confused. Mainly because it's like a soap opera that I can't follow.

I get that Wasa's a bad guy in this...but I'm not sure why. And, I don't know the pussy posse players. I guess I don't have to, since I'm just a dumb newbie, but it makes the show a little confusing for me.

Am I the only dumb newbie not following?

With that it's time to take my leave. TommyO
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

....This stuff is like Jerry Springer. I hate it, but I'm drawn to it.... I love this thread, but I'm slightly confused. Mainly because it's like a soap opera that I can't follow.

I get that Wasa's a bad guy in this...but I'm not sure why. And, I don't know the pussy posse players. I guess I don't have to, since I'm just a dumb newbie, but it makes the show a little confusing for me.

Am I the only dumb newbie not following?

No, I'm not following this either. The "soap opera" comment is very apropos. Of course, I rarely venture into the R&R section because I end up wasting a lot of time there and always leave feeling disappointed in the human race. I was hoping this thread would prompt a discussion of the differences in the way men and women are socialized and the differences in the ways they communicate, but it's definitely not going that way.

TommyO

We will miss you TommyO! Hurry back!

It does seem to me that lately we have been drifting into some very small brawls. Our best brawls on R&R have traditionally been those which are idea-driven. Remember, boys and girls, the tension-filled days and nights of Ron Cusano? TommyO has always had a lot of value to contribute in that debate and he has been a very valuable and entertaining contributor to many other idea-driven discussions/debates/brawls.

It is true that recently we have been drifting into the arena of personality-driven brawls, these are what I personally call small brawls, and I figure that we likely will all be better off as an on-line community once we elect to opt out of this loop. As to why and how we found ourselves here, well, I dunno. Perhaps this is due to this being a traditionally thin-skinned time of the year, and when you add in a few hostile on-line comments made by some of the angrier, the more bitter members of our community, hostilities quickly arise and escalate.

Certainly the current level of anger should never have happened. Some of the most valuable members of this site have now found themselves caught up in these useless and ugly brawls - they've swallowed the toxic bait, eh. Of course this is a tragedy, is it not? All of these really great and very, very knowledgable LBTers should be on this site in their roles as experienced old-timers, old-timers who are both able and willing to share their knowledge with the newbies. They should not allow themselves to be trapped in these ugly, oxygen-sapping squabbles.

I admit to being a fan of TommyO: I have always found what he has had to say to be of great interest and I figure that his opinion has as much value as mine when it comes to this biz of weighting our possible value - that is to say that of Green and that of TommyO - on the on-line community.

Although I consider myself to be in the way of being personal internet friends with some of the participants - and this is something which means a great deal to me - I must admit that I avoid spending time on those threads where LBT folks get into these personal on-line brawls. The truth is that I find most of this material kinda boring and kinda pointless and very sad.

I would urge all participants to walk away from these dumbass brawls. Stooping in order to engage is ill-advised. None of us who are old timers need to worry about our street cred. Why get yerselves trapped in these idiotic pissing contests? Christmas is coming up and it is important for us to save our spleen and our piss for those who really are dangerous.......:heh:

Let us say no, nada, non, nyet, et pas de chance to just about everyone. :cheated: We should and must able to separate and ignore the rage which propels a personal attack from that which seeks to engage in an idea-driven debate.

As an example I will present my on-going debate against Gadget in the Right To Chose thread. Though Gadget and I continue to remain at loggerheads on the abortion debate, and we have indeed been brawling over this for many months now, we continue to maintain a real respect for each other. Truth is that Gadget and myself are two individuals who come close to occupying the exact opposite zones of the belief band and yet we have always been able to display through our only personal connection - that of LBT - a very pleasant connection and a respectful acknowledgement of our profound differences.

And so, and oh, and ugh, and this is where I would like to suggest that it is time for all this bitcherie to stop. Green sez, just say no to immature and, well, twat-like acts. You'all know that we can walk away from this stuff. Calm down, avoid the poo pouperie, ya know it is only going to get worse, eh. Fer after all, Christmas and the whole array of disfunctional family members are coming. Bwhahahahaha:heh: It is gonna get a lot worse. ;)

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

Green - well said.

I have been following this post since joining LBT, but don't participate - being a newbie I feel that my opinions wouldn't be seen as being valid, but also not wanting to be drawn into a shitfight.

I have written now because I feel many people on this thread could benefit from your post - I just hope they all sit up and take notice.

Happy new year to you all.

Amy

Well I have officially had my band for a year now. Don't know what that means. I don't feel like an oldie, that's for sure. And I certainly have no

idea who the pussy posse is. I am not sure why WasA is a bad guy or

considered to be a bad guy. I think she is very knowledgeable.

Green - I salute you!! Well said hon :scales:

I actually quite like all the people mentioned on all sides of the sh*t slinging, so I am going to duck out of this one, can see all points of view,so I will respectfully decline the chance to get drawn in :)

Happy New Year everyone and may the weightloss continue!!

Nina x