Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

apparently there is a weight limit for the Gamma camera table of 250lb

Yeah, this makes you feel like sh*t. When I went in for mine, the nurse prepping me looked at me and said "hm, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure you can fit in the machine".

She then proceeded to - I kid you not - use her arms to grab around me to get a "measurement" of my body, and then held her arms like that and left the prep room. She was going to use her arm measurement to see if I would fit.

Again, this actually happened.

She then comes back in and says OK, let's try having you on the table and have it go in just to see before we prep you. I fit in that thing fine.

Then she comes back to me in the prep room with a hospital shirt in size L. Euro size L. That's what I wear now, 169 lbs lighter. Pretty annoyed at this point I say 'look, I can't fit into that, can't you find a larger one?' and she's like no, sorry, gotta put this on.

So now I've been utterly humiliated, been taken in in front the 4 people behind the screen, done a 'is he too fat' test, now back out to the room and handed a tiny button-down shirt that cannot possibly cover any of me.

With this open, I then consult with the very nice doctor, who apologizes for the whole thing and does the test. But man, this just strengthened my resolve that if ever given the chance, I'll f'in fight for people of larger sizes' right to quality healthcare, too (and access to bariatric surgery).

6 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

Yeah, this makes you feel like sh*t. When I went in for mine, the nurse prepping me looked at me and said "hm, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure you can fit in the machine".

She then proceeded to - I kid you not - use her arms to grab around me to get a "measurement" of my body, and then held her arms like that and left the prep room. She was going to use her arm measurement to see if I would fit.

Again, this actually happened.

She then comes back in and says OK, let's try having you on the table and have it go in just to see before we prep you. I fit in that thing fine.

Then she comes back to me in the prep room with a hospital shirt in size L. Euro size L. That's what I wear now, 169 lbs lighter. Pretty annoyed at this point I say 'look, I can't fit into that, can't you find a larger one?' and she's like no, sorry, gotta put this on.

So now I've been utterly humiliated, been taken in in front the 4 people behind the screen, done a 'is he too fat' test, now back out to the room and handed a tiny button-down shirt that cannot possibly cover any of me.

With this open, I then consult with the very nice doctor, who apologizes for the whole thing and does the test. But man, this just strengthened my resolve that if ever given the chance, I'll f'in fight for people of larger sizes' right to quality healthcare, too (and access to bariatric surgery).

WOw thats insane. I didnt think that 315lb would limit me for any type of scan... I mean most people in my country are overweight... you would think that these machines should be able to handle heavier people.

1 minute ago, liveaboard15 said:

you would think that these machines should be able to handle heavier people

Yeah, it's almost like we're more likely to need them. I keep saying this - the second we understand obesity as something other than a moral failure, this whole system needs to be revised top to bottom.

26 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

I mean most people in my country are overweight...

I blame Chick Fil A.

Not the grilled nuggets and American sized diet lemonade. 😁

16 minutes ago, WhispersOfAngel said:

I blame Chick Fil A.

Not the grilled nuggets and American sized diet lemonade. 😁

chick fil a... i think that will be dinner tonight lmao.

Just now, liveaboard15 said:

chick fil a... i think that will be dinner tonight lmao.

Grilled nuggets and American sized diet lemonade? You're gonna make @MiniGastricBypassDude drool from the other side of the world. 😂

1 minute ago, WhispersOfAngel said:

Grilled nuggets and American sized diet lemonade? You're gonna make @MiniGastricBypassDude drool from the other side of the world. 😂

LMAO Never had their grilled nuggets so i am gonna try it. lol They are down the road from my house. Also never had the lemonade there. :)

Omg they are sooo good! I dip them in buffalo sauce and then a tiny bit or ranch. Lower calories that way. But the Chick Fil A sauce is really good too.

9 minutes ago, WhispersOfAngel said:

I'm literally eating a lemon popsicle as we speak!

1 minute ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

I'm literally eating a lemon popsicle as we speak!

Is that how you satisfy your craving for American sized diet lemonade? 😂

Just now, WhispersOfAngel said:

Is that how you satisfy your craving for American sized diet lemonade? 😂

I'd eat a bag of lemons if I could. Doctor's appt tomorrow to find out why the f I'm turning into a lemon.

2 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

I'd eat a bag of lemons if I could. Doctor's appt tomorrow to find out why the f I'm turning into a lemon.

Keep us posted, Mr Lemon!

37 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

LMAO Never had their grilled nuggets so i am gonna try it. lol They are down the road from my house. Also never had the lemonade there. :)

I had their market salad yesterday with the recommended apple cider vinaigrette dressing. Only 540 calories 28 grams of Protein and that’s with all the toppings (granola, almonds and that whole packet of dressing which I only needed half of cause I don’t eat half the lettuce) anyways It was really good. And I tried the diet lemonade because of this thread lol.

Edited by ShoppGirl

56 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I had their market salad yesterday with the recommended apple cider vinaigrette dressing. Only 540 calories 28 grams of Protein and that’s with all the toppings (granola, almonds and that whole packet of dressing which I only needed half of cause I don’t eat half the lettuce) anyways It was really good. And I tried the diet lemonade because of this thread lol.

Awesome!