Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I craving this particular food? (Food mention trigger warning)

Just now, WhispersOfAngel said:

CFA is Chick Fil A, it's a place that has chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets and salads and lemonade exactly how you described. I guess I'd say it's one of the better fast food places in America. I mean the chicken is fresh not frozen and hand breaded, and their grilled chicken is really good.

Does the grilled chicken have that sweet taste that the breaded chicken does? I don’t love their breaded chicken because of the sweet taste and wondered about the grilled but haven’t tried it yet.

Just now, ShoppGirl said:

Does the grilled chicken have that sweet taste that the breaded chicken does? I don’t love their breaded chicken because of the sweet taste and wondered about the grilled but haven’t tried it yet.

The grilled chicken is like if you cut out a lil' piece of heaven and threw it in a box. Seriously, I'd have those grilled nuggets all the time if we had them here.

8 grilled nuggets are 130 cals and 25g Protein. Dip dip in a little BBQ Sauce and I was done for lunch (had to have room for American-sized diet lemonade, you see).

2 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

No it doesn't have the sweet taste that the fried has.

Just now, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

The grilled chicken is like if you cut out a lil' piece of heaven and threw it in a box. Seriously, I'd have those grilled nuggets all the time if we had them here.

🤣🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

8 grilled nuggets are 130 cals and 25g Protein. Dip dip in a little BBQ Sauce and I was done for lunch (had to have room for American-sized diet lemonade, you see).

Hahaha American Super Sized lemonade.😂

Are our sizes really that much bigger than other countries?

Just now, WhispersOfAngel said:

Hahaha American Super Sized lemonade.😂

Are our sizes really that much bigger than other countries?

... :D Arby's small drink is 650 ml in the US. McD's largest drink here is 500 ml.

The reason I'm mentioning Arby's is my friend ordered me a medium coke zero because he knew I'd find it endlessly amusing to get a 1000 ml drink and being told it's a "medium" lol.

1 minute ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

... :D Arby's small drink is 650 ml in the US. McD's largest drink here is 500 ml.

The reason I'm mentioning Arby's is my friend ordered me a medium coke zero because he knew I'd find it endlessly amusing to get a 1000 ml drink and being told it's a "medium" lol.

So you are allowed Coke Zero? My surgeon said medically I am allowed but they still strongly suggest to steer clear because of the correlation between soda (even diet) and obesity even though they have no idea why they just know it happens. I am just curious what other countries doctors are saying about soda because I do miss my Coke Zero on occasion. If I know myself I will not be able to have just one or two though.

19 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

500 ml is like 16 oz. That's your large?

Oooh I know why your large is really a small size there, y'all never get thirsty there cause you never break a sweat in Nordicland. 😁

15 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

So you are allowed Coke Zero? My surgeon said medically I am allowed but they still strongly suggest to steer clear because of the correlation between soda (even diet) and obesity even though they have no idea why they just know it happens. I am just curious what other countries doctors are saying about soda because I do miss my Coke Zero on occasion. If I know myself I will not be able to have just one or two though.

That's interesting. I quit Diet Coke like 15 years ago, even before I had lap band surgery. After quitting for years, I'd occasionally take a sip of my sons soda when he brought one home, and they don't even taste good to me anymore. It's strange how something that used to taste so good to me is disgusting now.

15 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I think because soda is usually drunk with junk food and vice versa. I drink coke and soda Water sometimes i get a bit of a pain if i drink to fast or too soon after eating. If i am honest i guess it could have contributed to the slowing of my weight loss.people who drink soda/ssoft drink tend to have poor diets and people with poor diets tend to be fat so i guess that is the reason. I dont have it everyday but certainly more often that i should as i am not a fan of plain water and i cant stand anything with artifical sweetners.

Excellent - over here we have 5 Guys and I used to get the lettuce wrapped version. Not sure when or if I'll be able to eat it again. And not overly bothered tbh. Just want a cold beer and a bowl of peanuts on the beach.

9 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Oh yeah. From week 5 I think it was. There was some language in there, now I want to look it up in the lil binder I got from the hospital ...

... awww, that was a welcome revisit to a little book I used a LOT. It actually feels like a hundred years ago now. I forgot how they even have 3 different plans you can choose from for the weeks after surgery to make sure patients find a path through it (looking at you, endless pre-mixed shakes that I hated).

And meat starts 14 days after surgery, I was looking forward to that!

Anyway, it's just on the plan from Day 21 and forward to satisfy sweet cravings as "a little diet soda". So nothing particular about it.

---

I don't drink a ton of it. It's just not that interesting anymore, to be honest. But there's nothing I can't have, and that's kinda important to me because otherwise, we're back to living in black-and-white as so many people battling obesity and eating disorders do.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

I'm Nordic, I melt everywhere!

LOL! My husband works at a university and was working with two exchange students from northern Sweden one year. We were having a really cold winter here that year, so I asked them if the weather reminded them home. They said no - it was hot here! (and I live in frigid Wisconsin! But they were from up above the Arctic circle, so....)

36 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

LOL! My husband works at a university and was working with two exchange students from northern Sweden one year. We were having a really cold winter here that year, so I asked them if the weather reminded them home. They said no - it was hot here! (and I live in frigid Wisconsin! But they were from up above the Arctic circle, so....)

OMG! 😂

I'd become a human icicle in winter anywhere north of the Mason Dixon line! 🥶 Who am I kidding, anywhere north of Florida I'd die in winter. 😂