Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

Yeeuh. Taylor Hicks! I really liked him a lot. I expected to see him doing great things. Wonder what happened?

AHHH I love american idol. This is the first year I actually enjoy most of the constestants. As of right now I would be okay with any of them winning, just not kristy lee cook. go home... you suck.... lol

I loved Taylor too. I think with him, it was watching him that made you fall in love with him. I bought his first cd and just listening to him sing was not as impressive. His personality was what I liked so much about him, and i just don't think it showed in his recording.

So, what did you guys think about their performances last night?

Simon was really in a pissy mood! He said he liked country music, but every season when they do country music week, he's like this. I think he hates country music and just doesn't want to admit it on national television because Carrie Underwood is doing so good and making them lots of money!

I've never been a big fan of David A, but I really liked his performance last night. Ramiele needs to go home! I hope she's the one to leave this week. Brooke, Carly, and Kristy's performances were okay. David Cook and Michael Johns did really well to me. I thought Jason Castro did much better this week. Syesha had another boring performance IMO.

BTW, I was a little shocked at Simon's comment about Carly's wardrobe. I thought that was sooooo rude. I mean, C'mon...........he always wears jeans and a black or grey shirt. How much more boring can THAT get!

I think I might be in love with Jason Castro. I mean, he's just so darn adorable! His eyes slay me. Blue eyes with those long long eyelashes, he just seems so sweet. He's probably not even my favorite SINGER this season, but I could just eat him up!

I think I might be in love with Jason Castro. I mean, he's just so darn adorable! His eyes slay me. Blue eyes with those long long eyelashes, he just seems so sweet. He's probably not even my favorite SINGER this season, but I could just eat him up!

Totally Totally Totally!!!!

I luvs me some Jason! I could stare at him for hours watching him sing to me!:wink_smile:

I also love David A. He is the most adorable, humble little thing, and an amazing singer.

Ramiele needs to GO HOME NOW!!! I'm soooo tired of her, problem is she has not once been in the bottom 2 or 3. America, come on! Stop voting for her!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I really liked Michael's performance. Blues is definately his genre. I think what bothers me most about Ramiele is her hair - it stays in her face...drives me nutz. David Cooks hair looked much better - for once Paula made sense with her comment (blow me over!). I liked his performance too. I remember Simon making a comment a few years ago (I think the year Carrie won) that country music just wasn't his thing. He even hinted at it last night - making the comment that you forget that Dolly Parton is a great songwriter. Must we remind him that she is a music legend and EVERYONE (no matter where you live) knows who she is. Oh, Kristy needs to go too - Simon is right about her, however, she is forgetable. I think Brooke and Carly will hang on another week - you know David A isn't going anywhere. He really needs help with his song selection though.

I pretty much agree with across the board, GG. Although as far as Carly's wardrobe is concerned, I think she could do much better.

The tight pants and fitting tops that she wears accentuate her thighs which are the largest part of her body. It makes her look like she is carrying too much fat there and I'll bet in person she's neat and trim. All she'd have to do is wear pants that aren't tight and have a little flair at the ankle and have a top that accentuates her shoulders and then tapers in at the waist. She looks like she's just out shopping or going to a movie. I'm not into lots of flashy stuff, but she's on national TV trying to get millions of people to adore her. She should use her assets to her best advantage. TV is very cruel. She needs to get some good advice.

When she started wearing her hair differently (undoubtedly added some extensions) and wearing more eye makeup, her face now looks very beautiful. Before, when she had stringy hair and not much attention to her eyes, her nose looked huge. I think above the neck she's done great things but now she needs to work on the rest of the package.

I thought Michael John's song was a lttle odd. I couldn't get a real melody out of it, but his voice and delivery were awesome! There's just something about him that knocks me out. I was happy to see him not sweating and looking more confident last night.

David Cook was great again. David A. was back to his original beautifully delivered self. Kristy hit a home run (even if Simon disagreed). Ramelie is probably finished with American Idol, although I think she has an entertainment future ahead of her. Syesha needs to get in movies and forget just singing. She has a good voice but I feel sure she'd make a really great actress. She could sing a little on the side, but she's no Whitney Houston. She'd probably be a better actress than Whitney though.

Anybody else agree, disagree?

I was not impressed last night!!!!!!

The last guy, the UK one, he was 'alright', but none of them made me get excited, or 'beg to hear more'. Blah. Dolly Parton night.

I agree that Carly could do a little better in the wardrobe department, but I just think it's a little hypocritical that Simon dissed her wardrobe when he could obviously do better himself.

Missy4gordon, I agree with you about Ramiele. What is America thinking?

This goes back to where I think Simon does a great job. He said it last night-- he is saying what we're thinking. Me & mom watched AI together, and when Carly was singing, we said "oh my god, look at her hips!!" she looked FAT.. I've never thought she looked fat till last night. We were going on and on about how 'skinny jeans' do NO ONE justice.

And then Simon commented on her wardrobe. GOOD! They need to know what they need to do to improve. Appearance is important.

This goes back to where I think Simon does a great job. He said it last night-- he is saying what we're thinking. Me & mom watched AI together, and when Carly was singing, we said "oh my god, look at her hips!!" she looked FAT.. I've never thought she looked fat till last night. We were going on and on about how 'skinny jeans' do NO ONE justice.

And then Simon commented on her wardrobe. GOOD! They need to know what they need to do to improve. Appearance is important.

Carly DID say during the results show a couple of weeks ago after she had worn a slinky black dress the night before that she had been wearing Spanx under that, and she could hardly breathe in them. Ryan Seacrest was talking over her, and I THOUGHT that's what I heard her say, so we backed it up (love my DVR) and paid closer attention, and YUP! So she's not as skinny as she looks sometimes. Don't we love Shapewear? ?? LOL!

I heard she wore a 'girdle' I guess the Spanx is what they were talking about, one week, and it made it hard to sing. But in all the weeks, I've never thought she was overweight. But last night, she looked really big. It's the skinny jeans, seriously. You have to be literally anorexic to wear them, and even then they don't look good. She's a beautiful girl though, and I think if she keeps wearing skirts/dresses or pants that aren't made to accentuate the size of your legs, she'll be fine.. I just think it's good Simon said it, I was thinking it, and it was so distracting I don't even remember what she sang.. but I remember she wore red skinny jeans and a black satin smock. hehe.

Carly DID say during the results show a couple of weeks ago after she had worn a slinky black dress the night before that she had been wearing Spanx under that, and she could hardly breathe in them. Ryan Seacrest was talking over her, and I THOUGHT that's what I heard her say, so we backed it up (love my DVR) and paid closer attention, and YUP! So she's not as skinny as she looks sometimes. Don't we love Shapewear? ?? LOL!

I heard that too! I wasn't exactly sure what she said, but I heard the word Spanx. I wondered if I missed something and wondered if the media was saying she was too chubby or something. She definitely isn't too chubby and I don't think they should focus on looks so much.

Take Kelly Clarkson for example, she sometimes wears outfits that don't show her best qualities, but it hasn't effected her music career at all. Even so, she still looks gorgeous to me and her voice is still the same as always, freakin fabulous!

Ya'll are right on!! I hate the thought of everyone thinking they need to wear Spanx or girddles for gosh sakes!!! I thought that crap went out with the '50s!!!

I haven't figured out why some girls today think that tight is right, and extremely tight is better. Very few people can get away with extremely tight clothes. A few super models and that's about it.

My DD explained to me the other day what sporting a "muffin top" means. Ya'll know? It's when you wear the low waisted jeans and it's the fluff that bulges up and out over the top of the waistband. Muffin top - a perfect name for it. I know you're wondering... and yes, I have a muffin top and I try not to wear tight or short tops that accentuate it. My gosh, who'd want to see that??? I've found that with the band, having those low waisted jeans are much more comfortable than jeans that put pressure on the band area.

Am I the only one who thinks Ramiele's clothes look like she raided her little sister's closet? Her stuff is just as bad as Carly's as far as I'm concerned.

What did you think of David Cook's new do? Freakishly normal, I thought. His patent leather Count Dracula comb over with spit curls sure leaves something to be desired though. :wink_smile: