Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else having VSG end of Nov 2021?

My surgery is 24th Nov. I have done 2 of 3 weeks of the pre op diet. I am in the UK and we seem to have docs with different diets here. I am allowed Milk, veg, yogurt and fruit. It works out at about 1000 to 1200 cals a day. I am sick and tired of the veg prep and the boring menu. Its cold here so I want warm food. My poor husband hates my farts TMI. I can look at my doctors photograph and call him an absolute b*****d and a torturer and please would he end this and move my surgery forward to this afternoon

Anyone on a more restricted diet has my complete sympathy,

48 minutes ago, jjaaww77 said:

Just had my surgery!! 11/12. Did the preop diet for two weeks before that. Went well. Now in phase 2

Oh nice. Are you feeling ok? Was the prep diet all liquid for you? I plan to drive 15 hours south 2 weeks after surgery and nervous about how Im gonna feel.

8 hours ago, summerseeker said:

My surgery is 24th Nov. I have done 2 of 3 weeks of the pre op diet. I am in the UK and we seem to have docs with different diets here. I am allowed Milk, veg, yogurt and fruit. It works out at about 1000 to 1200 cals a day. I am sick and tired of the veg prep and the boring menu. Its cold here so I want warm food. My poor husband hates my farts TMI. I can look at my doctors photograph and call him an absolute b*****d and a torturer and please would he end this and move my surgery forward to this afternoon

Anyone on a more restricted diet has my complete sympathy,

Your English cussword made me laugh! Ive already cheated a little and will prob continue to do so. However, after ingeting 250 calories yesterday I managed to gain 4 pounds by today. *sigh*

On 11/16/2021 at 14:50, Elaine77 said:

Oh nice. Are you feeling ok? Was the prep diet all liquid for you? I plan to drive 15 hours south 2 weeks after surgery and nervous about how Im gonna feel.

Yes!! Day 1 was gas in my stomach, chest etc but I walked every 2 hours and it went away. Then my forearms hurt the night I got home so I called the doctor and they said it was normal from the IVs. It went away next day. Day 4 post op went by like a breeze. No pain (just soreness when I get up) and no nausea. Puréed stuff is going down fine.

I didn’t have a liquid diet, just 2 Meal Replacement smoothies and a light meal for 2 weeks before.

18 minutes ago, jjaaww77 said:

Yes!! Day 1 was gas in my stomach, chest etc but I walked every 2 hours and it went away. Then my forearms hurt the night I got home so I called the doctor and they said it was normal from the IVs. It went away next day. Day 4 post op went by like a breeze. No pain (just soreness when I get up) and no nausea. Puréed stuff is going down fine.

I didn’t have a liquid diet, just 2 Meal Replacement smoothies and a light meal for 2 weeks before.

Thats amazing. You give me hope that I can do this!

On 11/16/2021 at 18:44, Elaine77 said:

Thats amazing. You give me hope that I can do this!

You totally can!!!! The gas when you first get out of surgery makes you feel slight instant regret, not going to lie. However it goes away and from there it’s much better!!!! Soreness will be there but it’s not actual pain. You got this!!