Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Ever Cancel Their Surgery? I Did... Not Sure How I Feel

I can guarantee you are not the first. If your doctor sticks his nose up in the air at you, find another--when you feel like you can.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:48 AM, SleeverSk said:

I wish I had have had the balls to do that.

How come?

On 12/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, oldandtired said:

I can guarantee you are not the first. If your doctor sticks his nose up in the air at you, find another--when you feel like you can.

Thanks. I haven't heard from my doctor at all.

One thing I do want to mention as an FYI, or in case anyone is interested is that my psych asked me a question. She asked if I'd be happy staying the same weight that I am, or losing 10-20 pounds since my eating patterns have shifted a little. But generally, can I be happy at this weight. Because I think we both know that, barring some miracle, I'm likely to not lose the amount of weight I would if I had the procedure. I'd have to research the meds that were mentioned earlier (that's not really a road I've traveled as of yet).

So I'm still thinking about that. Honestly, NO. I'm a big girl. I don't mind being big, to some extent, but I'm uncomfortable in my skin with how I am now. Eight years ago I was able to lose a nice chunk of weight, but I can't say that's possible right now for me. Age, stress, hormones - you name it, are really working against me.

But, being also not sure about the surgery, I'm in a limbo of sorts, which is almost more depressing and frustrating. It was advised that I touch base back with the bariatric program in a month or so, or after the holidays to kind of gauge where things are. But honestly I don't even know what they would want me to do at this point (start over in the program, etc.) and it sound exhausting to me to do that.

4 minutes ago, You Are My Sunshine said:But honestly I don't even know what they would want me to do at this point (start over in the program, etc.) and it sound exhausting to me to do that.

i doubt they would make you start over unless your insurance requirements dictated that they may require updated labs and heart tests if you needed those though if too much time passes

7 hours ago, You Are My Sunshine said:

How come?

Because if i could turn back time I wouldnt do it

1 hour ago, Goddesslola said:

congratulations on doing things your way!

so will you continue the Keto diet?

whats next?

Not sure... I'm not doing Keto, just kind of intuitive eating, trying to eat clean. I was doing pretty well, but have veered a bit. I'm very happy that I did NOT gain back the weight I lost on the pre-op liquid diet, so for me that's a win - I've lost 2 pounds since. Not a lot, and I hope I can keep it off during the holidays and make wise choices. After this week I am going to call and see what my options are and then make a decision from there.