Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision from sleeve to bypass

Hi I’m a sleeve➡️bypass I’m almost 3 weeks out, I wasn’t the model patient but I have to say 💯 that this surgery was so much easier than the first, I have tolerated everything so far very well (almost too well it worried me bc I had almost no constriction) feeling hopeful! My post-op appointment is on 11/9/21. The weight loss has
Been much slower then when I had the sleeve, but again, feeling hopeful! Has anyone heard that with this conversation, you lose weight much slower, then it all falls off? Thank you in advance!

I’m a sleeve to bypass over 2 yrs out. My sugar tolerance is lower than with the sleeve so now I really look closely at the amount of sugar in items. Otherwise nothing else has change for me when it comes to tolerance.

I had a sleeve to bypass due to gerd. It feels exactly like the sleeve but I get full on a couple of ounces. I can eat spicy foods and can tolerate anything up to date. fruit skins were tough for the first two months.

7 hours ago, kymmiej11 said:

Hi I’m a sleeve➡️bypass I’m almost 3 weeks out, I wasn’t the model patient but I have to say 💯 that this surgery was so much easier than the first, I have tolerated everything so far very well (almost too well it worried me bc I had almost no constriction) feeling hopeful! My post-op appointment is on 11/9/21. The weight loss has
Been much slower then when I had the sleeve, but again, feeling hopeful! Has anyone heard that with this conversation, you lose weight much slower, then it all falls off? Thank you in advance!

yes - I've been hanging out this and other boards for about seven years - and I've read several posts from revision patients saying the weight loss is slower after a revision.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:53 PM, GreenTealael said:

I’m a sleeve to bypass over 2 yrs out. My sugar tolerance is lower than with the sleeve so now I really look closely at the amount of sugar in items. Otherwise nothing else has change for me when it comes to tolerance.

Did you have surgery due to regain or for medical a medical reason like reflux? How much have you lost since RNY? I'd like to lose some of what I've regained, but the reflux is the main reason I'm planning on getting a revision. I just want to get an idea of what to expect.

1 hour ago, StratusPhr said:

Did you have surgery due to regain or for medical a medical reason like reflux? How much have you lost since RNY? I'd like to lose some of what I've regained, but the reflux is the main reason I'm planning on getting a revision. I just want to get an idea of what to expect.

My revision was for GERD not regain so I can’t speak to that, sorry. What I have heard is that the weight loss from VSG to RNY can be slower and lower but every body reacts differently.

I initially lost about 10/12 lbs but I have bounced back into my pre surgery range (I was already at my goal)

I am happy to say that the symptoms of GERD have not come back so I’m very happy about that.

38 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

My revision was for GERD not regain so I can’t speak to that, sorry. What I have heard is that the weight loss from VSG to RNY can be slower and lower but every body reacts differently.

I initially lost about 10/12 lbs but I have bounced back into my pre surgery range (I was already at my goal)

I am happy to say that the symptoms of GERD have not come back so I’m very happy about that.

Fixing the reflux/GERD is my main goal. Losing 20 - 30 lbs would be the cherry on top. Thank you and congratulations!

Earlier this week insurance was a no go. This afternoon about 1:30 we get word it's been approved and surgery is set for the day after Thanksgiving. I'm starting the pre-op diet tomorrow. I wish I could remember what I needed and didn't need to take to the hospital eleven years ago!! Following several threads closely.

23 hours ago, StratusPhr said:

Earlier this week insurance was a no go. This afternoon about 1:30 we get word it's been approved and surgery is set for the day after Thanksgiving. I'm starting the pre-op diet tomorrow. I wish I could remember what I needed and didn't need to take to the hospital eleven years ago!! Following several threads closely.

What a fantastic turn of events! Congratulations

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

What a fantastic turn of events! Congratulations

Thank you!!! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster! I've had to change up Thanksgiving so we can head to Dallas Thanksgiving evening. I can eat some turkey and a bite or two of dressing, maybe, but that's it. I'll enjoy having our family here. I need to start a bag to take with me, but I can't remember what I'll need and what is not necessary. Last time I took a nightgown, robe and slippers, all not necessary, the hospital provided everything! Chapstick, toothbrush and toothpaste. Phone charger, Shampoo, blow dryer and underwear. That's about all needed. Oh, something loose to wear home.

Hello! For those that have gotten the revision because of the GERD, did you feel relief immediately or did it take some time? My revision from sleeve to bypass was on 10/27, however I still feel GERD. I’ve heard some ppl say they felt immediate relief and others that it takes time. Can you all tell me what was your experience please. I am praying it goes away. The main reason I got the revision was for relief.

I had sleeve to bypass revision on 11/29/2021. The first day and the second day in the hospital I had a GERD episode. It’s still early postop but I haven’t felt it anymore. I pray it’s all fixed. That was the reason for the surgery.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, joeyangel99 said:

Hello! For those that have gotten the revision because of the GERD, did you feel relief immediately or did it take some time? My revision from sleeve to bypass was on 10/27, however I still feel GERD. I’ve heard some ppl say they felt immediate relief and others that it takes time. Can you all tell me what was your experience please. I am praying it goes away. The main reason I got the revision was for relief.

I think I had to take a PPI for a very short period post op. I think I really noticed the difference once that stopped and I was about 2 months post op because I settled into more normal food choices bs immediate post op diet.
I hope you find relief soon ❤️